Lunar New Year Reward Track

Hynax.9536

ArenaNet promised us that this lunar new year event would be big :

Historically, this celebration has been smaller, but this coming year we’re taking the first steps to bring it to parity with its fellow Tyrian holidays.

Can we please have a reward track then ? All other major holidays have an associated reward track, if the plan is "bring it to parity" this one should have a reward track too right ? The festival itself is still very poor in rewards if compared to the others.

What exactly should they put into such a track? Small envelopes? Trash items? Essences of luck? The 1g-envelopes seem over the top compared to the value of stuff like wintersday presents or trick-or-treat bags, and there's not much in the form of account bound rewards that don't have a gold price attached in this event that could work as a final or worse yet intermediate reward track price.

Don't get me wrong, I really like seasonal reward tracks, I'm just having a hard time coming up with any event-related loot that would mimic event participation similar to the other festivals without being either underwhelming or way over the top.

Eh just use your essences of luck (Drooburt , weekly vendor, & Mini Essence of Luck) and do dragonball. Not sure why everything needs a reward track as you can get 8 divine lucky envelopes by doing nothing but buying them. At best they'd put in the little envelopes and fireworks/new year food if there was a reward track.

@"Infusion.7149" said:Eh just use your essences of luck (Drooburt , weekly vendor, & Mini Essence of Luck) and do dragonball. Not sure why everything needs a reward track as you can get 8 divine lucky envelopes by doing nothing but buying them. At best they'd put in the little envelopes and fireworks/new year food if there was a reward track.

Not everyone has a lot of essences of luck to exchange to Drooburt, and even so it just gives you a trash and worthless item. Weekly vendors are a nice inclusion in this festival but again not really surprising since all others already have.Dragonball arena seems to be the only place you could "farm" any reward and even so you have to win 10 times to be able to spend 10 more gold and buy 10 more envelopes.

@"Rasimir.6239" said:What exactly should they put into such a track? Small envelopes? Trash items? Essences of luck? The 1g-envelopes seem over the top compared to the value of stuff like wintersday presents or trick-or-treat bags, and there's not much in the form of account bound rewards that don't have a gold price attached in this event that could work as a final or worse yet intermediate reward track price.

Don't get me wrong, I really like seasonal reward tracks, I'm just having a hard time coming up with any event-related loot that would mimic event participation similar to the other festivals without being either underwhelming or way over the top.

Is there a problem on getting some gold from reward tracks ? Even wintersday reward track could give you some gold if you were willing to sell all wintersday gifts. What i would expect from the reward track is : Rare/Exotic Essence of Luck, Little Lucky Envelopes, Tokens of the Celestial Champion, and maybe at the end one Coffer of the Dragon Ball Champion. This way you are not giving free 1g envelopes, just letting the players buy more at expense of its own gold. Now how many of them would be awarded in the Reward Track is up to ANET considering how many you can acquire full rushing dragonball arena or celestial challenges.

Many people have stacks of WvW potions, so you need to keep that in mind. It can't be balanced solely around people doing it for the duration of the festival. I suppose that's why many reward tracks are one-time deals.

Token of Celestial Champion would probably be alright since it's already gated through the vendor but anything like envelopes would need reconsideration.

Anyone doing WvW still gets lots of trash items which salvage for luck. If you have artificer you can upgrade masterwork/fine luck to exotic.

@Infusion.7149 said:Eh just use your essences of luck (Drooburt , weekly vendor, & Mini Essence of Luck) and do dragonball. Not sure why everything needs a reward track as you can get 8 divine lucky envelopes by doing nothing but buying them. At best they'd put in the little envelopes and fireworks/new year food if there was a reward track.

man if only my luck was maxed and i had tons of stacks of exotic luck laying around.

Years after the MF change and salvaging everything i obtain(not buying stacks of loot) i still dont have the full amount, im sitting at 297% right now.

@IronSpyder.9524 said:um i know this is kinda off topic but one of the annual achievements it's almost undoable even with swiftness and sorry if i'm on the wrong topic for it but i couldn't make my own something got screwed up when i tried

If you mean the race without a mount, just use a class with some other movement skill - like Engineer's Rocket Boots or Mesmer's Blink. That should be enough.