Anet, please crack down on people selling raids.

Oglaf.1074

@Ohoni.6057 said:If it's possible to sell raids, then clearly ANet have done something wrong with the content balance in the first place. There should be no market interested in buying raids.

Or people have just gotten really good at small-party efficiency, same as we've seen in, well, every other type of content and ever type of game.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Haishao.6851 said:Why not? Raid are hard endgame content that many people do not have the time to commit to or are simply too unskilled to play.

If it's hard end game content, then don't you think it's wrong that people should be should allowed to Pay2Win their way though it? Admit it,if Anet sold raid wins in the Gem store you all would lose your minds and cry P2W to the ends of the earth, but somehow paying other people to carry you to a win is somehow fine and dandy. Loving the Irony.

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:Why not? Raid are hard endgame content that many people do not have the time to commit to or are simply too unskilled to play.

If it's hard end game content, then don't you think it's wrong that people should be should allowed to Pay2Win their way though it? Admit it,if Anet sold raid wins in the Gem store you all would lose your minds and cry P2W to the ends of the earth, but somehow paying other people to carry you to a win is somehow fine and dandy. Loving the Irony.

The irony is, you think raiding has any prestige bound to it in this game.

It doesn't.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

It doesn't.

if it didn't.. we would not be having these endless discussions about how it needs to be difficult and give better rewards, we also would not have people willing to buy raid completions.

The Irony here, is that players themselves that champion needing skill and ability to do content are more then willing to sell out on that ideology the second someone is waving coin in their face.

But, just to be clear, I'd buy a raid completion from the Gem Store, long before I would ever buy one from a player, as at least the gem store supports the game.

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

It doesn't.

if it didn't.. we would not be having these endless discussions about how it needs to be difficult and give better rewards, we also would not have people willing to buy raid completions.

The Irony here, is that players themselves that champion needing skill and ability to do content are more then willing to sell out on that ideology the second someone is waving coin in their face.

But, just to be clear, I'd buy a raid completion from the Gem Store, long before I would ever buy one from a player, as at least the gem store supports the game.

Why not just buy the gold with gems, everyone wins by that logic.

@Xcorpdog.2840 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

It doesn't.

Why not just buy the gold with gems, everyone wins by that logic.

LOL, And reward the elitist P2W scum that cry and endlessly whine for harder content claiming to need something exclusive to their play-style just so they can sell passes through it? Hell Will freeze over before that happens.

In the mean time I laugh at how pitiful this all is, the only real tragedy is that Anet was foolish enough to bother to entertain them.. perhaps PoF will rectify that mistake.

@STIHL.2489 said:

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:There is no p2w. Yet.

Sure there is.. Buying a Raid completion is Paying to Win.. Pure and simple, good to know that none of the "hardcore" players have any issues with people buying their way to victory and rewards.

STIHL you've hated raids and campaigned for their destruction since they were released, I don't think taking advice from you is in the game mode's interests.

@Coulter.2315 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

Sure there is.. Buying a Raid completion is Paying to Win.. Pure and simple, good to know that none of the "hardcore" players have any issues with people buying their way to victory and rewards.

STIHL you've hated raids and campaigned for their destruction since they were released, I don't think taking advice from you is in the game mode's interests.

Yes.. Yes I have.. and lets look at why... well beyond just the bare faced elitism., which we all knew was gonna happen, Raids have also brought us the use of DPS meter usage and some other 3rd party software usage (which resulted in costing the game dev time and money, and banning some people).. which again, we all kinda knew something like that was gonna happen, you can't have a raid community and not have some kind of gear score mechanic.. and lets not forget the rampant P2W with players selling raid completions, which, well... we saw people advocated for raids to be difficult just so they could sell completions. within the first few days.

Looking at that laundry list.. yah.. I am exactly the voice they should have listened to and not put raids in at all to start with, an while I am very blunt in my feelings on the matter, I am not wrong in the least.

@STIHL.2489 said:Yes.. Yes I have.. and lets look at why... well beyond just the bare faced elitism., which we all knew was gonna happen, Raids have also brought us the use of DPS meter usage and some other 3rd party software usage (which resulted in costing the game dev time and money, and banning some people).. which again, we all kinda knew something like that was gonna happen, you can't have a raid community and not have some kind of gear score mechanic.. and lets not forget the rampant P2W with players selling raid completions, which, well... we saw people advocated for raids to be difficult just so they could sell completions. within the first few days.

Looking at that laundry list.. yah.. I am exactly the voice they should have listened to and not put raids in at all to start with, an while I am very blunt in my feelings on the matter, I am not wrong in the least.

1. I don't see any elitism within my raiding guild. I see it sometimes in the lfg but it was the same before HoT with dungeons and there people were more toxic than nowadays.

2. Take a closer look at the expansion: People are already done with everything besides achievements. The content is way too easy and there is too less of it. Even many of the so called "casuals" are done with it. You need harder content to keep a game alive because it's impossible to hold people in the longterm with super easy content because players are done faster than developers could ever develop.

3. Anet didn't ban enough in the past so I doubt that any significant time was wasted to ban some ppl. The DPS meters themselves weren't developed by Anet.

I could see filters being beneficial. As long as there is demand there will be supply, I like to think that people are paying for the privelege/fun to participate in a raid with top tier players they normally wouldn't have the opportunity to raid with, I mean mesmers sell ports. I don't necessarily see a problem with selling raids, but I do see OPs point that filters would be useful.

@STIHL.2489 said:

You obviously don't know what P2W means.Those paying to get their Raid kills don't get them automatically by game design, like buying gems and converting them to gold. Someone else has to actually play the content for them to get their rewards. Therefore it's not P2W, if they added it to the gem store then it would be clear P2W, there is a huge difference between paying a player to skip content and paying the developer to skip content, one is a service by players, with prices given by players, the other is clear P2W by the company itself. It's similar with paying Mesmers to port you to the end of jumping puzzles, that's not P2W, if Anet sold items on the gem store that ported you to the end of jumping puzzles then that would be P2W

And no I'm not happy that anyone can get their rewards by "buying" them, that's lazy design. But since Raids are so easy they can be done with 4 or 5 players this will happen. There is no other way around it

@STIHL.2489 said:

It would be if raid completion gave you any advantage over other players. Truth is, dedicated SW farmer profits more of his time spent in the game than you raiding.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

It would be if raid completion gave you any advantage over other players. Truth is, dedicated SW farmer profits more of his time spent in the game than you raiding.

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:good to know that none of the "hardcore" players have any issues with people buying their way to victory and rewards.

Well raids in gw2 have pretty much the worst rewards in the game. If someone wants to pay like 200 gold to get a whole bunch of nothing then why not help them lol.

yah I have to agree with you both, raids were and are a total waste of time.. Pity they put them in.

@Matt Cole.2680 said:I could see filters being beneficial. As long as there is demand there will be supply, I like to think that people are paying for the privelege/fun to participate in a raid with top tier players they normally wouldn't have the opportunity to raid with, I mean mesmers sell ports. I don't necessarily see a problem with selling raids, but I do see OPs point that filters would be useful.

I believe most sellers ask the players die on the start of boss fights so that they won't mess up mechanics and ruin the runs so there's very little participating going on and lots of spinning death camera instead.

IMO it's good that people have means to make money by playing hard content in this game and selling the runs. However it gets old to see the same lfgs up and blocking stuff. I'd hide them if I could and also the french and german ones. If I recall correctly EU raid lfgs window is scrollable from time to time.

As for raid prestigiousness we can see ANet thinks Super Adventure Box hard mode rewards are really prestigious since we can't sell those anymore. Raids - nah.

@STIHL.2489 said:

I don't consider it P2W and really don't care if people buy raid clear.I wouldn't lose my mind and cry P2W either if anet somehow sold raid clear in the gemstore. How would it even be P2W when you can just go farm gold and buy it?

@KobiQu.5103 said:in my opinion they should ban the sellers and buyers. yes raids are meh in gw2 but it promotes laziness in games when there are some people who actually try to get better at the game through actually playing not getting carried.

If you're worried about laziness in games I would direct you to the massive thread on nerfing The Eater of Souls (AGAIN!!!!). Banning people making voluntary transactions and providing services is just authoritarian.

Im not against selling raids and guild recruiting, but its a lot of clutter i have to filter through in order to see actual raid parties so i think guild recruitment should have their own tab,And maybe another tab for hired aid, raids, fractals, and the like, where people can buy/sell support

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Im not against selling raids and guild recruiting, but its a lot of clutter i have to filter through in order to see actual raid parties so i think guild recruitment should have their own tab,And maybe another tab for hired aid, raids, fractals, and the like, where people can buy/sell support

Or about time we got a filter we could apply to LFG in order to filter out certain keywords, as well as language-specific groups.

Archived