Will condi damage also be lowered?

Anput.4620

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've compared all the patch notes to my burn dragonhunter build. Literally no change at all. I lose 2 secs of vulnerability on 1 skill, and a 2 second increase on the cooldown of another. No reduction in the burn damage, duration or stacks. And while things like staff auto get a small reduction in power coefficients, it's the conditions that make the build, the power component is irrelevant. Hell, several of the skills are getting no change at all. I've been seeing a steady increase in the number of burn guards, and I'm pretty sure this is why. People are still gonna die (almost instantly) and siege will still melt. Once again, Anet not really addressing things that are huge outliers.

@Ubi.4136 said:I've compared all the patch notes to my burn dragonhunter build. Literally no change at all. I lose 2 secs of vulnerability on 1 skill, and a 2 second increase on the cooldown of another. No reduction in the burn damage, duration or stacks. And while things like staff auto get a small reduction in power coefficients, it's the conditions that make the build, the power component is irrelevant. Hell, several of the skills are getting no change at all. I've been seeing a steady increase in the number of burn guards, and I'm pretty sure this is why. People are still gonna die (almost instantly) and siege will still melt. Once again, Anet not really addressing things that are huge outliers.

Thats what i needed to hear, condi thief/mirage wars 2 i guess, atleast i already have a torment rev and condi DE lol.

@lodjur.1284 said:The answer is yes it is being lowered, bit less than power overall though. I will be very surprised if the majority of people play condi next patch as that's never happened before. Especially considering how dominant power is (ignoring the extreme outlier that is condi mirage)

Tbh condi mirage does as much damage as power builds atm in gear with both toughness and vitality on it.

They never said that they would lower the dmg a condi does directly, what they did was lowering amount of applied condi stacks, or condi duration.They did this to a few classes, why they havent done this to burnguard is a mistery to me tho, that spec is absolutely busted, but i guess not enough ppl are abusing it, so its not on anets radar, yet.

@RedShark.9548 said:They never said that they would lower the dmg a condi does directly, what they did was lowering amount of applied condi stacks, or condi duration.They did this to a few classes, why they havent done this to burnguard is a mistery to me tho, that spec is absolutely busted, but i guess not enough ppl are abusing it, so its not on anets radar, yet.

I just looked at mesmer really and besides 2 clones less and the cloak change i see no changes to damage directly which makes me worried.

Burnguard isn't overpowered and won't be. Sigil of Cleansing and one additional cleanse in your utility bar is enough to deal with it as it lacks cover conditions.

If you want to see condi nerfs, then take a look at the scourge changes. Since it has tons of cover conditions its condi damage is nerfed to almost unplayable levels (condi trait changes: 1s of burn, 1s of torment, 1s of bleed...). Good luck stacking any condi on scourge in the future! On top of that the manifest sand shade strikes (the direct damage component of every F-skill) ist nullified from a 0.66 to a 0.1 multiplier. That will have huge effects in wvw blob fights.

For condi mirage I guess they will wait how the dodge nerf will affect the spec. It could already be enough as mirage loses a ton of sustain and utility with that nerf.

They are slowly tweaking conditions to inflict less stacks but last for longer durations, which gives more oppertunities to cleanse. They don't want to simply reduce Condition Damage because then you won't feel pressure to cleanse.

Needing to take cleanses is an important part of balancing builds.

Also, keep in mind that the Power coefficients on skills that inflict conditions are being lowered..

@KrHome.1920 said:Burnguard isn't overpowered and won't be. Sigil of Cleansing and one additional cleanse in your utility bar is enough to deal with it as it lacks cover conditions.

If you want to see condi nerfs, then take a look at the scourge changes. Since it has tons of cover conditions its condi damage is nerfed to almost unplayable levels (condi trait changes: 1s of burn, 1s of torment, 1s of bleed...). Good luck stacking any condi on scourge in the future! On top of that the manifest sand shade strikes (the direct damage component of every F-skill) ist nullified from a 0.66 to a 0.1 multiplier. That will have huge effects in wvw blob fights.

For condi mirage I guess they will wait how the dodge nerf will affect the spec. It could already be enough as mirage loses a ton of sustain and utility with that nerf.

?? Have you seen what burn dh can do to a zerg??

8k burnticks applied in like 2 seconds as aoe. If that isnt busted, than what is? If that isnt busted, why even bring that big balance patch, if burn dh is fine, than everything else is too.

Sure in 1v1 its not as good, but wvw is not about 1v1,or even smallscale, its about 30v30+And there it is devestating.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Burnguard isn't overpowered and won't be. Sigil of Cleansing and one additional cleanse in your utility bar is enough to deal with it as it lacks cover conditions.

8k burnticks applied in like 2 seconds as aoe. If that isnt busted, than what is? If that isnt busted, why even bring that big balance patch, if burn dh is fine, than everything else is too.

Sure in 1v1 its not as good, but wvw is not about 1v1,or even smallscale, its about 30v30+And there it is devestating.

I thought WvW was about avoiding combat and doing PvE on keeps.

@RedShark.9548 said:They never said that they would lower the dmg a condi does directly, what they did was lowering amount of applied condi stacks, or condi duration.They did this to a few classes, why they havent done this to burnguard is a mistery to me tho, that spec is absolutely busted, but i guess not enough ppl are abusing it, so its not on anets radar, yet.

Their radar is as big as their WvW team.

@RedShark.9548 said:

If your 30 man cant clear a burn I've got bad news for you.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Lol. Even An 8k burntick needs one cleanse

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

Oh boy, you both have never played this build, the dmg is pretty much instant, depending on how many ppl you have around you.Especially bad if your caster are using projectiles, a reflect can nuke your frontline down before they even see the burn on them.

The trait permeating wrath lets every third hit they do triggers a flame explosion that puts burning onto a group of ppl, EVERY reflected projectile counts as their own attack. Reflect has no max amount of reflects.They have several other condis that trigger with the burn to cover it.

Here are 2 video that show what that build is able to do, and i played it myself and its just disgusting, especially in chokes, alone 4 uses of sword of justice will trigger burn soooo many times.

First risen howls video with full explanation with every trait working together explained.

Second figrin. The first clip of him engaging like 5 ppl says enough.

Sorry, but imo a single class should never be able to burst down 5 ppl almost instantly, even when they dont expect it. No excuses.

@Anput.4620 said:

@lodjur.1284 said:The answer is yes it is being lowered, bit less than power overall though. I will be very surprised if the majority of people play condi next patch as that's never happened before. Especially considering how dominant power is (ignoring the extreme outlier that is condi mirage)

Tbh condi mirage does as much damage as power builds atm in gear with both toughness and vitality on it.

I even specifically mention condi mirage as an outlier. It is at the moment really broken, I expect it will still be very strong next patch but losing 50 endurance is a big deal so we will see.

@RedShark.9548 said:The trait permeating wrath lets every third hit they do triggers a flame explosion that puts burning onto a group of ppl, EVERY reflected projectile counts as their own attack. Reflect has no max amount of reflects.Sorry, but imo a single class should never be able to burst down 5 ppl almost instantly, even when they dont expect it. No excuses.

It's 1 trait. It's not an entire build or an entire damage type.

Also this game needs more traits like permeating wrath that actually punish stacking.

If your zerg is dying to condi when stuff likeCleansing SigilsDurability RunesAntitoxin RunesHeal scrapperHeal firebrandHeal tempestAnd other similar stuff exists, it's clearly a l2p issue.

Yes the permeating wrath build is decent for zergsurfing but it does basically nothing but dmg and only works against people who stack in your AoEs and have little clear/resistance

@RedShark.9548 said:

Oh boy, you both have never played this build, the dmg is pretty much instant, depending on how many ppl you have around you.Especially bad if your caster are using projectiles, a reflect can nuke your frontline down before they even see the burn on them.

The trait permeating wrath lets every third hit they do triggers a flame explosion that puts burning onto a group of ppl, EVERY reflected projectile counts as their own attack. Reflect has no max amount of reflects.They have several other condis that trigger with the burn to cover it.

Here are 2 video that show what that build is able to do, and i played it myself and its just disgusting, especially in chokes, alone 4 uses of sword of justice will trigger burn soooo many times.

First risen howls video with full explanation with every trait working together explained.

Sorry, but imo a single class should never be able to burst down 5 ppl almost instantly, even when they dont expect it. No excuses.

I dont need a kindergarten lesson, thank you. You still didn't get my point

If 8k burn ticks kill you instantly half the skills post balance patch Will do that as well....i do agree you need time to respond on IT...which you have when magicly a spinning sword on you appear. If a reaper does a smart 'spectral walk, and shroud 3' IT can drop 5 people instantly. Same as a berserkers ARC divider. 2 Weavers can (if lucky) drop an entire zerg in 2 sec.I Will also see this happen postpatch, Just less frequently

Secondly: this gamemode is designed to be a cooperating strategy tower defense game. Not open field zoneblob VS zoneblob. Yes 30v30 Will appear, same as 1v1. They should not design everything around one or the other..

Thirdly this trait excists since launch and a lot of people ran simmular builds?

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

I dont need a kindergarten lesson, thank you. You still didn't get my point

If 8k burn ticks kill you instantly half the skills post balance patch Will do that as well....i do agree you need time to respond on IT...which you have when magicly a spinning sword on you appear. If a reaper does a smart 'spectral walk, and shroud 3' IT can drop 5 people instantly. Same as a berserkers ARC divider. 2 Weavers can (if lucky) drop an entire zerg in 2 sec.I Will also see this happen postpatch, Just less frequently

Secondly: this gamemode is designed to be a cooperating strategy tower defense game. Not open field zoneblob VS zoneblob. Yes 30v30 Will appear, same as 1v1. They should not design everything around one or the other..

Thirdly this trait excists since launch and a lot of people ran simmular builds?

It doesnt only tick for 8k once, it easily does that 2 or 3 times, thats 24k dmg. More than most classes are reasonably running. They can do that from range, warrior and reaper cant, they habe to stand inside them the whole time. Sorry, if you dont like my kindergarten lesson, but honestly idc if you like it or not.

That trait existing since launch doesnt make it better, lol.

And you also didnt get my point. When a reaper or warrior kills you its because you didnt dodge etc. When a reflect kills you as a frontliner, then its not your fault, its because the backline didnt realise what they were doing. Even swords of justice can kill you, if the explosion hits you while you were standing next to the swords and someone else isnt moving out of them. There is a major difference with that.

But we can argue about that forever, because you clearly think that dmg numbers like that are ok, while i think they are not. 3 ticks shouldnt kill.

@"lodjur.1284" said:The answer is yes it is being lowered, bit less than power overall though. I will be very surprised if the majority of people play condi next patch as that's never happened before. Especially considering how dominant power is (ignoring the extreme outlier that is condi mirage)

People always did that. Whatever is "in" is being played.

@Inoki.6048 said:

@"lodjur.1284" said:The answer is yes it is being lowered, bit less than power overall though. I will be very surprised if the majority of people play condi next patch as that's never happened before. Especially considering how dominant power is (ignoring the extreme outlier that is condi mirage)

People always did that. Whatever is "in" is being played.

Played whatever is meta ye, but condi has never been more common than power in the entire history of gw2. If we end up in a condition heavy meta, it will "self-correct" due to how powerful anti-condi options there are.