Guardian is over tuned, top DPS + Heal every match

Sunshine.5014

So far, all my matches that have a Guardian, the class always took both the Highest Damage and Highest Healing (on both sides). They numbers are overtuned. If a spec consistently can get both title in PvP, that means they can get best of both world in the same build.

I don't expect this to be hotfixed, so go play Guard and enjoy the wins :).

@Sunshine.5014 said:Firebrand and Dragonhunter. I haven't seen any core guardian today so far.

That was expected I guess since there weren't any real changes to them (no tradeoff for FB and DH, still). Need to deal with it for now, same goes for condi pepegas in WvW. A-net could forbid 2 of the same classes in 2v2 PvP, it won't fully fix problem, but it'll give you some bigger chances to fight back.

reaching top heal as a guard isnt hard. i even manage to get both stats with core guard. so in absolute numbers it might be not alot healing done. keep that in mind. also if you can place your dmg easily (which is not the case anymore) you are also more likely to get top dmg stat.

I think the biggest issue they face is their output of condi's in a power-oriented build, and the abundance of boons they're able to output. Primarily Blind and Daze for Firebrands, the amount of CC lock-down you have is absolutely insane. It's almost as if ANET either has no pro-guardian players to run on test servers, or they're all guardian mains and don't want to drop their ratings...

Surprised? We told Anet this specifically would happen..

I tried, basically every game is bunker/condi meta. We are back 5 years ago. We already figured out that we need to increase damage to counter this issue. But no... new devs come around, try to recreate the wheel. Refuse to learn from previous mistakes. Then make a fucking square...

@otto.5684 said:Surprised? We told Anet this specifically would happen..

I tried, basically every game is bunker/condi meta. We are back 5 years ago. We already figured out that we need to increase damage to counter this issue. But no... new devs come around, try to recreate the wheel. Refuse to learn from previous mistakes. Then make a kitten square...

No, instead of buffing damage, we should nerf Fireband & Dragonhunter more down to the normal level. Their damage & heal is still way overtuned after the patch.

@Sunshine.5014 said:

I tried, basically every game is bunker/condi meta. We are back 5 years ago. We already figured out that we need to increase damage to counter this issue. But no... new devs come around, try to recreate the wheel. Refuse to learn from previous mistakes. Then make a kitten square...

No
, instead of buffing damage, we should nerf Fireband & Dragonhunter more down to the normal level. Their damage & heal is still way overtuned after the patch.

It is not only FB (though they are probably the biggest offender). Nearly everything is unkillable, if you know what your doing and play semi bunkerish build.

@otto.5684 said:

No
, instead of buffing damage, we should nerf Fireband & Dragonhunter more down to the normal level. Their damage & heal is still way overtuned after the patch.

It is not only FB (though they are probably the biggest offender). Nearly everything is unkillable, if you know what your doing and play semi bunkerish build.

I don't think people are unkillable. People die all the times in my game. They just survive way longer if there is a FB in the fight. Nerfing FB is exactly how you get people to die faster, without power creep.

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:Look at how little Symbols were hit in that patch notes. On top of this, burn damage stacking is potent on this class.

Writ of Persistence: Reduced base heal from 107 to 64. Reduced healing coefficient from 0.075 to 0.04.Lesser Symbol of Wrath (Zealot's Speed): Reduced power coefficient per pulse from 0.5 to 0.25.Symbol of Vengeance: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.6 to 0.45.Symbol of Blades: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.6 to 0.45.Symbol of Punishment: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.5 to 0.45. Increased cooldown from 6 seconds to 8 seconds.Symbol of Faith: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.65 to 0.45.Symbol of Wrath: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.67 to 0.4.

wat?

Sure, that's no more than everything else got hit, but, that's my whole point. It stayed in-line.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:Look at how little Symbols were hit in that patch notes. On top of this, burn damage stacking is potent on this class.Sure, that's no more than everything else got hit, but, that's my whole point. It stayed in-line.

That may actually be the problem. A lot of other meta builds got hit in unique ways. Mirage lost a dodge, holo lost stability.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:Look at how little Symbols were hit in that patch notes. On top of this, burn damage stacking is potent on this class.Sure, that's no more than everything else got hit, but, that's my whole point. It stayed in-line.

That may actually be the problem. A lot of other meta builds got hit in unique ways. Mirage lost a dodge, holo lost stability.

And FB lost FOUR cleanses from F2 tome. It used to cleanse 7, now it cleanses 3. Remember, with 3x cast times.

Again, not saying it's worse. Saying it's in-line.

Mirage losing dodge is a whole other category of stupid, you can't compare it to anything else.

@Sunshine.5014 said:The only question is which class to pair with it.

Another firebrand lolor condi necro

@ollbirtan.2915 said:oh for the love of .....here we go again ---l2p, nothing else.

I had 8 FBs in 10 games.It's definitely a problem right now.

I think revive potential without the signet and boonspam should be lower. Also, untraited axe symbol should be smaller.