Why are some weapons so god awful huge?

It would be nice to at least have a size option that you can check off in the equipment menu. Like "scale up" or something. So people who want huge weapons can have them, and people who want that same design but at a slightly more manageable size can have them too. It can be quite a battle trying to find skins for weapons you like that also don't clip through the ground or your other weapons/armour.

For Norn females this is a problem, most weapons are just too large. Dark Harvester is sunk in the ground on both a Norn or an Asura. Many longbows have the same problem for Asura. I don't mind the skins being in the game, actually would like a more diverse range of skins (though this could fall into the trap of never enough skins). Hopefully we'll see more reasonable sized weapon skins as well.

@JVJD.4912 said:Lmao you haven't played an Asura have you??

Maybe I would understand why you asked that if you specified what you meant. Are you saying they have more weapon size related problems? Less? You've provided nothing to this conversation.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I would give the OP ten thumbs up if I could.

;)

@Penguin.1345 said:More realistic hammers please! The only hammers that are sizeably right for me is the Zenith hammer and the Lightward's hammer. By large the rest of them could double as anvils on a stick. I mean bloody hell, thats literally what the improvised hammer is!

Most greatswords are ridiculous as well, but also many one-handed weapons display the same issue. I wish they were scaleable (at least add an option to scale down if needed).

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:Have you seen some the crafting numbers?Twilight -- 1860 Iron ingots, 4770 Platinum ore, 2880 Iron ore, and 17,320 Mithril ore!I'm surprised anyone can lift the thing!!!

Not really...... all of that is used to make items you throw away prior to crafting the actual weapon. The weapon itself is just 200 ingots to make "Mirror", and various incorporeal energies.

@Ardid.7203 said:I have the inverse problem: almost all weapons on Asura are virtually invisible. There are maybe 3 rifles that actually you can distinguish as fire arms. And all the pistols are basically toothbrushes.

I don't have a lot of experience with Asura characters, but it's unfortunate that they're so difficult to see. I suppose there's more room to make them bigger (as smaller size increases may make a larger difference), so weapon size should really be scaled to the size of the person, like the mounts are. My pal who plays a Sylvari has smaller mounts than my Human character, so why does my human look like he's wielding Norn weapons or something?

Archived