Necros missed some nerfs

Virdo.1540

Necros are atm stupidly overpowered. Im enjoying it really much but its also getting a bit lame.

Since all classes have lost an big chunk of they healing, damage ,stunbreaks and stability uptime, the necros have free way to rule everything. Why? They havent nerfed the perma-fear necro, where almost all classes cant even stunbreak out if it. What else do we have.

Ah! the 30k health + the huuuge chunk of shroud they still have. 33%less shroud would be still op. Together with that, necros dont even need their heal skill. Their passive Shroud generation-signet lets every necro tank everything away with ease.

The life siphon hasnt been nerfed too. All that together makes the competitive modes an pure necro-Meta.

@lodjur.1284 said:So we're back at second hp bar op again, get new material please.

Life siphon values are still extremely low

Necro still has no mobility/stab/stunbreak, just stunlock/kite them

and this is enough to win every fight.

Spectral walk+dodges is more than enough mobility. Things like Spectral armor also act as stunbreaks.Life siphon values are high enough to heal more than everything else. Compare it to other life siphons, like the revs.

Just wait until you faced your first core ranger. Then tell me again core necro has broken sustain.

I facerolled several core necros yesterday. Not a single bunker ranger died to me or anybody else I talked to in a 1v1.

In two weeks you won't see any core necros anymore but tons of core rangers.

(as always I am talking about players that know their class and not bandwagoners failing at copypasting)

@Virdo.1540 said:

@lodjur.1284 said:So we're back at second hp bar op again, get new material please.

Life siphon values are still extremely low

Necro still has no mobility/stab/stunbreak, just stunlock/kite them

and this is enough to win every fight.

Then you're fighting too few and too bad opponents.

Spectral walk+dodges is more than enough mobility. Things like Spectral armor also act as stunbreaks.

I assume you mean on core necro, where spectral armor is mediocre because beyond shroud 2 and 5 there's no dmg in shroud.

Life siphon values are high enough to heal more than everything else. Compare it to other life siphons, like the revs.

The rev lifesteal is a joke, but hardly the baseline for power level.

30k health necro. Alright.If you actually manage to die to a 30k health necro (full sentinel stats give you 30k hp), I dont know what to tell you.Fear is a CONDITION. Stab gets corrupted to fear. So, with those 2 facts in mind, what would the optimal way to deal with a necro be, hmmmmm... Ima let you figure it out.Plus, necro has less stab than ever now. Even soulreap gm trait "foot in the grave" which was also a stunbreak, changed (it also have your stability).Is this a l2p issue? Which class do you play?

@Virdo.1540 said:Necros are atm stupidly overpowered. Im enjoying it really much but its also getting a bit lame.

Since all classes have lost an big chunk of they healing, damage ,stunbreaks and stability uptime, the necros have free way to rule everything. Why? They havent nerfed the perma-fear necro, where almost all classes cant even stunbreak out if it. What else do we have.

Ah! the 30k health + the huuuge chunk of shroud they still have. 33%less shroud would be still op. Together with that, necros dont even need their heal skill. Their passive Shroud generation-signet lets every necro tank everything away with ease.

The life siphon hasnt been nerfed too. All that together makes the competitive modes an pure necro-Meta.

I don't play necro, only fought them but these are my thoughts: I think it's good that their sustain went up a lot especially since their defenses are quite limited. I hope that they don't lose that because I like seeing necros able to roam and to be able to fight them in something other than a zerg or on their way back to it. What I noticed from my combat log when I was doing a 1v2 against a core necro + burn guard was that most of their damage was coming from the shroud 1 skill - hitting for 4-6k per hit. If that was toned down a bit I think necros would be fine, they really do need that damage soak.

@Virdo.1540 said:Necros are atm stupidly overpowered. Im enjoying it really much but its also getting a bit lame.

They didn't nerf burn guard at all either. Give them time to sort out things that are outliers. Not saying they will ever get around to it, but it's only been 3 days.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:30k health necro. Alright.If you actually manage to die to a 30k health necro (full sentinel stats give you 30k hp), I dont know what to tell you.Fear is a CONDITION. Stab gets corrupted to fear. So, with those 2 facts in mind, what would the optimal way to deal with a necro be, hmmmmm... Ima let you figure it out.Plus, necro has less stab than ever now. Even soulreap gm trait "foot in the grave" which was also a stunbreak, changed (it also have your stability).Is this a l2p issue? Which class do you play?

Everyone has less stab. Necro has always learned to play without stab, so its not a real problem for them/us.And theres still stuff like Dire's stats. Just simply with that they hit 28k (+bufffood, rune, bloodlust, Guildaura etc)

@KrHome.1920 said:Just wait until you faced your first core ranger. Then tell me again core necro has broken sustain.

I facerolled several core necros yesterday. Not a single bunker ranger died to me or anybody else I talked to in a 1v1.

In two weeks you won't see any core necros anymore but tons of core rangers.

(as always I am talking about players that know their class and not bandwagoners failing at copypasting)

Rangers are currently near immortal in 1 vs 1 because their rugged growth trait is bugged in WvW.

The trait was supposed to be reduced to 155 healing. But it was wrongly increased to 406 instead.

Fix that bug and they will become more vulnerable.