Condi is overtuned

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all condition dmg is actually too strong, I like a game where we find a middle point where power and condition are both equally good and none is better than the other. also most Power classes have aim and must hit the target, condition damage stations in the ground and you just get it or has some decent aoe area that doesnt required much aiming.

How are condi builds too strong lol? Revenants still prefer/believe power rev is better than condi, scourge is dead and core necro is better with power. Warrior, theif, ranger, holo all have their best builds use power damage. Mesmer is kinda weak for once. So you got burn guard an immobile condi build that only does burning, fire weaver which also has problem sticking onto people and only real good condi build which is condi rev, but i guess one meta condi build is too much for people that cant keep track of conditions on themselves or run some condi cleanse instead of full power damage.Only time conditions have been strong was scourge and mirage that could poop all the conditions in the game onto you in a second.

When a theif hits you for 7k you can't get that hp back, but if fire weaver applies 7 stacks of burning you can get rid of it with one button and take like 1k dmg.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:I may be mistaken, but I am seeing a shift away from condi bunker and toward builds with heavy CC and power burst.

Core necro power-heavy bunkers are insanely faceroll and core necros in general are pretty much mando in low ranking 2v2. And well-played power burst really is the only hard counter I've seen. And even that's been nerfed. I literally just watch my health bar and drop marks/build life force until it's time to drop sigils and shroud ftw. And that's after I pop lich and AA one of them to death. I lol at conditions and boons.

@McPero.3287 said:How are condi builds too strong lol? Revenants still prefer/believe power rev is better than condi, scourge is dead and core necro is better with power.

Didn't saw a single power Rev in my last 30 2v2 ranked matches. Condi variations with Mallyx feels better than power Rev, that's for sure. I mean, if a power Rev lands a full burst in my condi Rev and I do nothing, I can maybe lose half of my HP, and that's with him using zerk amulet...

@Buran.3796 said:

@McPero.3287 said:How are condi builds too strong lol? Revenants still prefer/believe power rev is better than condi, scourge is dead and core necro is better with power.

Didn't saw a single power Rev in my last 30 2v2 ranked matches. Condi variations with Mallyx feels better than power Rev, that's for sure. I mean, if a power Rev lands a full burst in my condi Rev and I do nothing, I can maybe lose half of my HP, and that's with him using zerk amulet...

2v2 is irrelevant.

@McPero.3287 said:

2v2 is irrelevant.

I haven´t seen a single Revenant that says Power Rev is better than Condi Rev after the Patch, neither ingame nor on the forums/reddit, regardless of 2v2 or 5v5

@Xca.9721 said:

2v2 is irrelevant.

I haven´t seen a single Revenant that says Power Rev is better than Condi Rev after the Patch, neither ingame nor on the forums/reddit, regardless of 2v2 or 5v5

Okay I've seen people say otherwise. Pretty sure it is situational since power and condi rev fulfil different roles, power is roaming assasin while condi is teamfight carry, depends what your teamcomp needs and what enemy teamcomp has.Even if say Condi rev is better that means you got whole one strong condi build in the meta lol. With absence of scourge condi rev is like only teamfight dps we have for 5v5 (actually power renegade might be great in teamfights as well).

@McPero.3287 said:

@Xca.9721 said:

2v2 is irrelevant.

Okay I've seen people say otherwise. Pretty sure it is situational since power and condi rev fulfil different roles, power is roaming assasin while condi is teamfight carry, depends what your teamcomp needs and what enemy teamcomp has.Even if say Condi rev is better that means you got whole one strong condi build in the meta lol. With absence of scourge condi rev is like only teamfight dps we have for 5v5 (actually power renegade might be great in teamfights as well).

The thing with power rev is, it is still a decent teamfighter/roamer, but it does lack damage and sustain. I still play it because it is more fun than Condi Rev, even though it lost a lot of its fluid gameplay due to higher energy costs after the patch. Btw we can´t be sure what will be Meta in 5v5 since Ranked hasn´t started yet and we haven´t seen the Monthly AT yet after the changes.

@Xca.9721 said:

@Xca.9721 said:

2v2 is irrelevant.

The thing with power rev is, it is still a decent teamfighter/roamer, but it does lack damage and sustain. I still play it because it is more fun than Condi Rev, even though it lost a lot of its fluid gameplay due to higher energy costs after the patch. Btw we can´t be sure what will be Meta in 5v5 since Ranked hasn´t started yet and we haven´t seen the Monthly AT yet after the changes.

We have seen daily ATs.

@McPero.3287 said:

@Xca.9721 said:

@Xca.9721 said:

2v2 is irrelevant.

We have seen daily ATs.

I have seen some of Sind, he also mentioned his team will not use Rev and Necro

I think it is more the compounding nature of condis. You get 1 bunker condi it is not too bad to deal with. A whole team of them and it is fucking nuts in any team fight. a couple of seconds and you are covered in every condi in existence if the condi train has you targeted.