SAB Glitches?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Blackfish.7349 said:Do you guys know if glitched chest is daily? I have repeated some zones doing the glitch thing and I havent got the chest the second time...

Edit: Ok, yes it says its DAILY.

Given that it is daily, it would be interesting to note if the drop rate for glitched weapons is different in each mode. I'm inclined to say no, because then it would make sense to make it obtainable daily in each mode (the way the normal rewards are). Without clarity in-game it doesn't make a lot of sense to expend the time and pain to get something like, say, the W1Z3 glitch in trib mode every day.

@aimasira.3786 said:

WARNING: SPOILERS. DO NOT READ THE POST IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILERED.
  • W2-2: Follow the hard / long path up to the section with the many trampolines (after the many portals behind the house with the gong). At the checkpoint in front of them is a furniture shop above, reach it with a trampoline and the clouds and go to its left side where the stalagmite will be. The path appearing is far below you leading you around the pillar the shop and checkpoint are built on.

There is a small workaround to get it.Use the eagle shortcut, were you will end up on top of the last bell structure.One the right side there is a cloud that can help you go back to the trampoline area. Use it and try to go as close as possible to the pagodabefore the trampolines. You will fall down eventually and that will ress you dirrectly on checkpoint 11. from there you can contine normally with the crystalYou don't even have to backtrack but can jump down into oblivion right after the eagle deposits you on the other end of the shortcut. We did that in previous years to grab the furniture coins from the shop next to the glitch.

@demitel.1340 said:

@Rasimir.6239 said:Did you learn the correct song? Just playing the notes doesn't help if you haven't learned the song yet. You can check GW2 Efficiency if you're not sure about it.

I see. F*** my life since I hate W2Z2 so much.Are you on EU or US? If EU I'll gladly team up (tonight or tomorrow night) and grab the song/open the way to the glitch (not sure if I have the song unlocked on this account, but I definitely have it on my main account).

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:Yep, that shortcut eagle + death combination is the fastest. I couldn't confirm it yesterday due to taking the long route to ensure finding the stalagmites. Just tried that too and it works perfectly. I modified my post to not send people through the long painful route.

Nice! That will save me a ton of time... I wonder if you can do something similar for w2z3? Maybe take the easy paths all the way to yeti then backtrack?

@Rasimir.6239 said:Are you on EU or US? If EU I'll gladly team up (tonight or tomorrow night) and grab the song/open the way to the glitch (not sure if I have the song unlocked on this account, but I definitely have it on my main account).

I'm fine. I know how to get things done, but I still hate that map with passion. Thanks for the offer though.

@Xenon.4537 said:

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:Yep, that shortcut eagle + death combination is the fastest. I couldn't confirm it yesterday due to taking the long route to ensure finding the stalagmites. Just tried that too and it works perfectly. I modified my post to not send people through the long painful route.

Nice! That will save me a ton of time... I wonder if you can do something similar for w2z3? Maybe take the easy paths all the way to yeti then backtrack?You can't take the easy path, but you can reach the glitch easily in infantile mode. If I have enough time, I go through both worlds in normal mode, picking up the first five glitches (plus the bauble bubbles for the weekly vendor), then quickly do w2z3 in infantile for the glitched chest afterwards.

@Fay.2735 said:How did you manage to get to the stalagmite? I found it but I can't seem to jump to it from the ground in front of the house, even with using double jump. Am I missing something obvious?

Edit: nvm finally got it. I didn't realize at first that I was supposed to use the slingshot :#

I did it without using the slingshot. I got there from the merchant's house that you reach by following the waterfall to where it drops, to its left.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:

@Blackfish.7349 said:Do you guys know if glitched chest is daily? I have repeated some zones doing the glitch thing and I havent got the chest the second time...

Edit: Ok, yes it says its DAILY.

Given that it is daily, it would be interesting to note if the drop rate for glitched weapons is different in each mode. I'm inclined to say no, because then it would make sense to make it obtainable daily in each mode (the way the normal rewards are). Without clarity in-game it doesn't make a lot of sense to expend the time and pain to get something like, say, the W1Z3 glitch in trib mode every day.

Yesterday I got 2 glitched weapons from 6 chests. Today 0 from 6...I did all in infantile mode cause its faster. Bad luck today or Anet ninja adjusting drop rate?

@Blackfish.7349 said:Yesterday I got 2 glitched weapons from 6 chests. Today 0 from 6...I did all in infantile mode cause its faster. Bad luck today or Anet ninja adjusting drop rate?

We would need a lot more data to know for sure what the drop rate is in general and whether the difficulty matters. As far as I know, ANet does not manipulate drops the way you are surmising - the only times they've ever changed things it was announced in a patch and due to a bug (a couple of issues with ectos over the years, IIRC). People routinely succumb to confirmation and recency bias around here for their RNG issues (I've been there too, even done the math on it sometimes).

For myself so far:

Day 1: 0/6 on mix of Infantile and NormalDay 2: 0/2 in TribulationDay 3: 1/3 in Normal.Day 4: 0/5 in a mix of Normal and TribulationDay 5: 0/4 Normal modeDay 6: 0/4 Normal mode

My best guess from this data is that you got lucky with your drops day 1, and that the drop rate is somewhere between 5 and 10%. Probably closer to 5 if TP prices are a good indication.

*** Edit - Editing each day with updated data for a bit.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:As far as I know, ANet does not manipulate drops the way you are surmising

You cant never be sure about that, they will never tell you and I am sure they adjust drop rates, specially at the beginning of a new item launch because they are not 100% sure about how the market is going to behave and they must be sure prices are inside a desired bracket. Anyway, I agree with you that more data is required for the drop rate calculation. I think the drop rate must be higher than you guess. Prices are tanking down in the TP and I forgot to tell you that my first day I got also 2. My complete numbers so far:

day 1:2/6 infantile allday 2:2/6 infantile allday 3:0/6 infantile all

based only on my numbers I get a drop rate of 22%. Your drop rate is around 9% and if we combine all data and asume difficulty does not modify drop rate we have a DR = 17%. Maybe more people can contribute so we can have a better guess.

Uhm, sure, why not.Day 1 infantile: 0/3 regular 1/3 (infantile was w2, regular was w1) If you want even more, it was the axe.Day 2 infantile: 0/5 ALT account, infantile 1/3, alt got the sword.Day 3 so far even though I adore SAB I am pacing myself, so have not done it yet. Will update after tomorrow.

I got three skins yesterday and one skin right after SAB went live. It's just RNG. I've been doing them on normal for a chance at the orange skins but likely won't do them any further than the achievement. The skins have been falling in price and will be cheaper as we get towards the end of the festival.

Total: 1st account: 2 of 21, 2nd account: 4 of 20

Yesterday:1st account: 0 of 5 (W1 normal, W2Z1,Z2 infantile)2nd account: 0 of 5 (W1 normal, W2Z1,Z2 infantile)

Today:1st account - 0 of 5, (normal W1, infantile W2Z1,W2Z2)2nd account: 1 of 5 (W1 normal, W2Z1,W2Z2 infantile) - weapon on W2Z2 infantile

Thanks. Some in world 2 I might not have found with the hints someone posted above. World 1 was easy to find them all. (Some annoying jumps for zone 3 though.) I'll probably do them all in normal mode (while doing normal for bauble bubble reward dailies) until I finish the achievement for opening chests. Since the drop rate seems good and prices are low (as long as they don't nerf it) I might buy other skins at the TP as needed. Focusing on doing the daily normal mode quick (using shortcuts) and maybe only doing the easy glitched chest ones then for additional chance on reward. (I need time to start training tribulation modea gain lol.)

Out of the 10 chests opened in normal mode (4 yesterday, 6 today) I got 1 skin at the 9th chest. Luckly the rifle (favorite weapon) for my main engineer I had been playing.

Added my results from today to my original post. Will continue that for a bit. Running total so far for people who have posted their numerical results is 19 drops out of 166 possible, or about 11.45%