Increase healing speed on downed allies

Tao.5096

OOC res speed? Sure, in combat? Hell no, remove ability to res at all while in combat. With the balance patch and reduction in dps, downstate is FAR to powerful, as is res power, when you can almost insta res someone. Before there was a choice, do I finish the fight, or res the downed? Now it's not a choice, with the lower DPS and fast res, its pretty much always worth it now.

Also remove rally.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Healing on downed allies should be increased, I agree, but only if at the same time they also nerf Thief.

Well ok ok, you got me, I'm kidding ofc...they should just nerf Thief.

Better yet do to thief's superb mobility the thiefs downstate skills should be removed and any time the thief's teamates try's and revive him he poisons himself slowing down the revive heal further.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Healing on downed allies should be increased, I agree, but only if at the same time they also nerf Thief.

Better yet do to thief's superb mobility the thiefs downstate skills should be removed and any time the thief's teamates try's and revive him he poisons himself slowing down the revive heal further.

And reviving downed allies should apply 30 seconds of marked revealed on the player.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

And reviving downed allies should apply 30 seconds of
marked
revealed on the player.

Umm u should suffer dearly as a dirty filthy thief for dying and ur teammate as well for even considering reviving such a vile entity. I say reveal on thief for 400 secs and weakness same duration on teammate seems about right.

I have never be more against something. Just the other day I was defending a camp against three enemies. I downed one that was low from the guards pretty quick but his buddies had him right back up. Re-engaged and got another down and the exact same thing happened, his buddies got him right back up. At this point I've blown most of my cool downs and had to back off, so they went full offensive. I went down just as two allies showed up and finished them off. We ultimately won the fight but it was a fight I most likely could have won solo if not for the downed state mechanic. Down state just rewards bad players.

@"Farout.8207" said:I have never be more against something. Just the other day I was defending a camp against three enemies. I downed one that was low from the guards pretty quick but his buddies had him right back up. Re-engaged and got another down and the exact same thing happened, his buddies got him right back up. At this point I've blown most of my cool downs and had to back off, so they went full offensive. I went down just as two allies showed up and finished them off. We ultimately won the fight but it was a fight I most likely could have won solo if not for the downed state mechanic. Down state just rewards bad players.Complains thats downstate rewards bad players - wins the fight when getting up from downstate.

You literally described what makes GW2 combat good and superior to most other MMOs. It's the core of WvW teamplay. Did it "reward" the 3 in a 1v3? Yeah. Sure. But it was a 1v3 and you say you would have won solo otherwise. Versus 3 players. Call them bad, I call it teamplay to weigh up for their personal skill. Not everyone can be an amazing 1v10 roflstomping PvP champion. WvW rewards teamplay over everything else. And you still won... because teamplay. You got reinforcements. Your allies came to fight with you. And like magic you won that. Yet you still complain that it's the worst of the worst.

@Farout.8207 said:I have never be more against something. Just the other day I was defending a camp against three enemies. I downed one that was low from the guards pretty quick but his buddies had him right back up. Re-engaged and got another down and the exact same thing happened, his buddies got him right back up. At this point I've blown most of my cool downs and had to back off, so they went full offensive. I went down just as two allies showed up and finished them off. We ultimately won the fight but it was a fight I most likely could have won solo if not for the downed state mechanic. Down state just rewards bad players.

Look if ur skillful enough or out play ur opponent's in a outnumbered situation and are able to get downs eventhough the odds are against u there is no reason u shouldn't be rewarded by their teamates being able to constantly revive any downs making the outnumbered almost impossible. That's called being rewarded for good play-- anet balance philosophy right there.

I think there are sigils that speed up the resurrection speed already. which makes it very hard in pvp to finish some teams. Since the sigil is propably available in wvw too I think it would be a major issue. I for one would like to see the sigil weakened and slower resurrection speed in compensation for a bigger healthpool when downed.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Farout.8207" said:I have never be more against something. Just the other day I was defending a camp against three enemies. I downed one that was low from the guards pretty quick but his buddies had him right back up. Re-engaged and got another down and the exact same thing happened, his buddies got him right back up. At this point I've blown most of my cool downs and had to back off, so they went full offensive. I went down just as two allies showed up and finished them off. We ultimately won the fight but it was a fight I most likely could have won solo if not for the downed state mechanic. Down state just rewards bad players.
Complains thats downstate rewards bad players
-
wins the fight when getting up from downstate.

You literally described what makes GW2 combat
good
and
superior to most other MMOs
. It's the core of WvW teamplay. Did it "reward" the 3 in a 1v3? Yeah. Sure.
But it was a 1v3 and you say you would have won solo otherwise
Versus 3 players
. Call them bad, I call it teamplay to weigh up for their personal skill. Not everyone can be an amazing 1v10 roflstomping PvP champion. WvW rewards teamplay over everything else. And you
still
won... because teamplay. You got reinforcements. Your allies came to fight with you. And like magic you won that. Yet you still complain that it's the worst of the worst.

wins only because he was no longer in an outnumbered situation. If anything, the fact that he won and still complains about it shows he understands why it's a problem and doesn't "cry about it because he lost". Downstate is a safety net for outnumbering side more than it is for the outnumbered one. Which is supporting wrong side of the fight.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Farout.8207" said:I have never be more against something. Just the other day I was defending a camp against three enemies. I downed one that was low from the guards pretty quick but his buddies had him right back up. Re-engaged and got another down and the exact same thing happened, his buddies got him right back up. At this point I've blown most of my cool downs and had to back off, so they went full offensive. I went down just as two allies showed up and finished them off. We ultimately won the fight but it was a fight I most likely could have won solo if not for the downed state mechanic. Down state just rewards bad players.
-

good
and
Versus 3 players
. Call them bad, I call it teamplay to weigh up for their personal skill. Not everyone can be an amazing 1v10 roflstomping PvP champion. WvW rewards teamplay over everything else. And you
still
won... because teamplay. You got reinforcements. Your allies came to fight with you. And like magic you won that. Yet you still complain that it's the worst of the worst.

wins
only because he was no longer in an outnumbered situation. If anything, the fact that he won and still complains about it shows he understands why it's a problem and doesn't "cry about it because he lost". Downstate is a safety net for outnumbering side more than it is for the outnumbered one. Which is supporting wrong side of the fight.And more players usually win.

Are you in favor of removing good players from servers to balance it? Because if you're not, you're clearly supporting the wrong side of the fight.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

-

good
and
Versus 3 players
still

wins
only because he was no longer in an outnumbered situation. If anything, the fact that he won and still complains about it shows he understands why it's a problem and doesn't "cry about it because he lost". Downstate is a safety net for outnumbering side more than it is for the outnumbered one. Which is supporting wrong side of the fight.And more players usually win.

Are you in favor of removing good players from servers to balance it? Because if you're not, you're clearly supporting the wrong side of the fight.

That has nothing to do with what I wrote.Better players should win more. Nobody makes a sprinter run half the distance, because he trained less or is just worse for any other reason.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

-

good
and
Versus 3 players
still

wins

That has nothing to do with what I wrote.It has everything to do with it.

Imagine the same engagement scenario as described, except those 3 just happened to be good players. As in really really good players. The top 3 best roamers on the server, each able to handle 1v3 fights and they just randomly was in the same place meeting this 1 enemy.

Is downstate still a safety net for them as they instantly down him and 2 of his allies rush to assist?

Because if it is, then it doesnt matter if players are good or bad, only numbers matter. Which means the solution is to kick players off the servers.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

-

good
and
Versus 3 players
still

wins

Imagine the same engagement scenario as described, except those 3 just happened to be good players. As in
really really
good players. The top 3 best roamers on the server, each able to handle 1v3 fights and they just randomly was in the same place meeting this 1 enemy.

Is downstate still a safety net for
them
as they instantly down him and 2 of his allies rush to assist?

Missed part of the post:

@Sobx.1758 said:

-

good
and
Versus 3 players
still

wins

That has nothing to do with what I wrote.Better players should win more. Nobody makes a sprinter run half the distance, because he trained less or is just worse for any other reason.

Also yes, that's still a safety net for them, even if they won't need this in that situation. If they are really really good players, each of which are able to handle 1v3 situation then the downstate is a non-factor in their 3v1 fight. Not sure what you're trying to prove here. That just because they don't need a safety net, it somehow stops being one? That's just false.That when REALLY REALLY GOOD PLAYERS 3v1 a worse one, the downstate somehow will change the outcome for that one person? No, it won't. It could if it was 3v10, but otherwise it's irrelevant. Which is literally what I'm talking about and you try to completely disregard for no good reason.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

-

good
and
Versus 3 players
still

wins

Imagine the same engagement scenario as described, except those 3 just happened to be good players. As in
really really
good players. The top 3 best roamers on the server, each able to handle 1v3 fights and they just randomly was in the same place meeting this 1 enemy.

them

Mised part of the post:

-

good
and
Versus 3 players
still

wins

Also yes, that's still a safety net for
them
, even if
they won't need this in that situation
. If they are
really really good players, each of which are able to handle 1v3 situation
then the downstate is a non-factor in their 3v1 fight. Not sure what you're trying to prove here. That just because they don't need a safety net, it somehow stops being one? That's just false.That when REALLY REALLY GOOD PLAYERS 3v1 a worse one, the downstate somehow will change the outcome for that one person? No, it won't. It
could
if it was 3v10, but otherwise it's irrelevant. Which is literally what I'm talking about and you try to completely disregard for no good reason.Trying to say that a road goes two ways.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

-

good
and
Versus 3 players
still

wins

really really

them

Mised part of the post:

-

good
and
Versus 3 players
still

wins

them
, even if
. If they are
then the downstate is a non-factor in their 3v1 fight. Not sure what you're trying to prove here. That just because they don't need a safety net, it somehow stops being one? That's just false.That when REALLY REALLY GOOD PLAYERS 3v1 a worse one, the downstate somehow will change the outcome for that one person? No, it won't. It
could
if it was 3v10, but otherwise it's irrelevant. Which is literally what I'm talking about and you try to completely disregard for no good reason.Trying to say that a road goes two ways.

But it doesn't. It's irrelevant in the situation you've described, how is this "both ways", lmao. You literally just further showed that it specifically supports the wrong side of the fight more.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

-

good
and
Versus 3 players
still

wins

really really

them

Mised part of the post:

-

good
and
Versus 3 players
still

wins

them
, even if
. If they are
could

But it doesn't. It's irrelevant in the situation you've described, how is this "both ways", lmao.Maybe those 2 that came in with 1 downed could have beaten 3 enemies.

And hey could you imagine - that's what happened in his original scenario.

Again, "bad players" is irrelevant. Numbers are. And whats outnumbered on one spot is outnumbering on another. Always. You can have a 40 man wipe a 60 man on one side of the border while a 10 man roflstomps 1 player on the other. Neither fight is any argument to remove a core gameplay element of WvW.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

-

good
and
Versus 3 players
still

wins

really really

them

Mised part of the post:

-

good
and
Versus 3 players
still

wins

them
, even if
. If they are
could

But it doesn't. It's irrelevant in the situation you've described, how is this "both ways", lmao.Maybe those 2 that came in with 1 downed could have beaten 3 enemies.

And hey could you imagine -
that's what happened in his original scenario

You seem to forget what was written in the previous posts, try rereading to remind yourself the actual point that's being made here. Including your previous example with vastly superior "top of the top" players each of which consistently 1v3s everyone, so you can understand that your "maybe they'd suddenly lose in 3v2+downed player" out-of-nowhere-twist doesn't make much sense. And again, that's literally YOUR made up situation, not mine, I'm not sure how you manage to misunderstand yourself so much.

Again, "bad players" is irrelevant. Numbers are. And whats outnumbered on one spot is outnumbering on another. Always. You can have a 40 man wipe a 60 man on one side of the border while a 10 man roflstomps 1 player on the other. Neither fight is any argument to remove a core gameplay element of WvW.

Yeah, "bad players is irrelevant, numbers are" is definitely even more of the truth because of the mechanic that supports the outnumbering side more than it does the outnumbered one. Not sure what point you're trying to make here by saying that.

"And whats outnumbered on one spot is outnumbering on another. Always." -lmao, that's just straight up false. To be even remotely true, you'd need to have literally the same number of players online AND actively playing at ANY GIVEN TIME, which very obviously usually isn't happening. Maybe you just think you're in constructed pvp subforum -bad news then...BUT! Just for a moment lets consider your statement to be true (it absolutely is NOT) -in that case it's still IRRELEVANT to what we're talking about here, because the downstate still supports the outnumbering side of the fight more than it does the other. Whether it's red, green or blue at the specific location changes nothing. It's like you're just shooting blanks all around and hope something sticks and honestly it's already getting old.

• Confused 1