Flesh wurm teleport

SlitheSlivier.1908

@Lahmia.2193 said:Nothing is stopping you from running other mobility/stun break skills. You've arbitrarily decided that you can only run minion skills and have boxed yourself in as a result of that.

this is true, but to me, if you want to be a minionmancer, you should take all minions. I'm not asking for them to be a T1 Platinum build, but just be a little better. Mobility was very much overlooked for minion builds.

Maybe it could be something like that:

First Necrotic Traversal for teleporting to your Flesh Wurm, then if you activate it again within 30 seconds the teleportation will cost its life. Waiting the full 30 seconds, instead, could allow another “free teleportation”.

This way we could still have the possibility to destroy Flesh Wurm.

@Black Storm.6974 said:Maybe it could be something like that:

First Necrotic Traversal for teleporting to your Flesh Wurm, then if you activate it again within 30 seconds the teleportation will cost its life. Waiting the full 30 seconds, instead, could allow another “free teleportation”.

i really like that idea.

@"Black Storm.6974" said:Maybe it could be something like that:

Sounds really nice and handy to have something extra for the big cast time.

Only thing that may be too strong for high end balance, cz you could use 2x ports to port 2400 range back to home, its exactly like half a portal.But I guess "I can dream Harold!" :)

I love that idea.

This way we could still have the possibility to destroy Flesh Wurm.Practically useless. It will die in cleave before you can port twice. Even the current clunky finisher provides more value than your idea.

Generally speaking teleports on necro are tricky. The hardcounter to necro is burst while shroud is on cooldown. If you can port around excessively during these 10 seconds the class becomes instantly broken - esp. the mentioned minion builds which are usually very tanky.

@KrHome.1920 said:

This way we could still have the possibility to destroy Flesh Wurm.Practically useless. It will die in cleave before you can port twice. Even the current clunky finisher provides more value than your idea.

Generally speaking teleports on necro are tricky. The hardcounter to necro is burst while shroud is on cooldown. If you can port around excessively during these 10 seconds the class becomes instantly broken - esp. the mentioned minion builds which are usually very tanky.

The second teleportation would be instantly available, if you choose to sacrifice Flesh Wurm. It can’t die before someone could use a second teleport, unless the positioning is really bad.

Based on the situation and the positioning, sometimes even a second “free teleportation” (30 seconds later) could be available (probably not worth the risk anyway, the cooldown could be shorter considering the risk).

“Any” smart player could make good use of that.

Probably it would be too strong, but surely not useless.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:I would still advocate for a shadowstep function.

You can teleport to a position and at your previous location you place a fleshworm.You can reactivate the ability to sacrifice the worm and teleport back.

This would make the ability way more enjoable.

I’d really like to have that ability.

Teleportation skills are one of the main reason why I chose necromancer and they would be much more enjoyable for me with Flesh Wurm as a teleport and teleport back skill.

I know maybe would be too overpowered, but it should just work same as Shadowstep/Shadow Return of thief, instant Worm cast on the location you selected, if you click again teleport yourself to that location, break stun, but also self inflict 10 stacks vulnerability, something like that which is Necro theme identity in many other skills of autoinflicting conditions.Having it with a cast time it's so boring gameplay, having to always pre-position it unless you are dead.

Wurm only needs to be instant cast in a game where necro gets screwed for interrupts constantly. Always should ve been instant cast and then instant teleport on second click.

Overall all cast times should be heavily reduced for necro. It should only have big cast times for big reward abilities like gravedigger(wich is fluff damage now after nerfes, its better and faster to just auto 2 times with GS.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:Invest in Speed Runes.True, a 600 units RS2 + running another 600 with Speed Rune takes roughly the same amount of time like traveling 1200 units with a wurm cast and is basically uninterruptable because of RS3 stability.

For that reason none of my speed rune reaper builds uses wurm. It's pointless and a wasted utility slot for such a build.

@Mikhael.2391 said:its better and faster to just auto 2 times with GS.No way! The precast is unrivaled - esp. with speed rune. You can see how unviable a weapon for necro can be when you can't precast and then land a big hit or force your target to dodge (which stops it from attacking you): just compare dagger and greatsword.

Grave digger does also land when you run through your target (which can be used to interrupt its current action) because it hits in a circle and not in a cone. That's a huge benefit.

Not a fan of the whole sustained teleportation idea suggested above because Necros are meant to be low mobility powerhouses, but imo Flesh Wurm needs a buff still.

The lengthy initial cast really sucks, and all that for a single stunbreak and 1 time shadowstep feels really lacklustre.

Speaking only for myself, I think if they wanna give Flesh Wurm a lengthy initial cast, they should at least give us a stunbreak upon hitting initial cast.If not, they should give us Stab during initial cast.