If you are not going to balance around 2v2 and 3v3 they shouldnt be ranked

Novuake.2691

Seriously. Its just dumb, let me continue playing conquest in a ranked format even in offseason or actually balance around 3v3.

This bunker stall nonsense you see anywhere from plat and up is not cool. Every game is a slot fest of unfun garbage.

@Amityel.5324 said:agree i cant play this game anymore worst patches ever you all wanted nerfs etc...but guess what its unfun to play nowadays iam done with gw2 till next powercreep and oneshot builds that are actually fun play with or against

And THAT'S when I quit. pvp is more fun this way, minus the ridiculous mount of CCs and conditions.

I swear, some of you people are spoiled with the previous powercreep BS. Yeah, it's fun for YOU, not so much fun for the one getting powercreeped upon!

wait... u know, I actually enjoy this death match 3v3.. its the most fun pvp I had so far.. capture point is so boring.. each pvp map is capture point we need some creativity in game matches and scoring system. currently its just capture point and some added objective scores. GW1 HA has the best pvp matching system imo

@Novuake.2691 said:Seriously. Its just dumb, let me continue playing conquest in a ranked format even in offseason or actually balance around 3v3.

This bunker stall nonsense you see anywhere from plat and up is not cool. Every game is a slot fest of unfun garbage.

Mini season ranked is supposed to be off meta stuff. You do not have to play it.

@otto.5684 said:

@"Novuake.2691" said:Seriously. Its just dumb, let me continue playing conquest in a ranked format even in offseason or actually balance around 3v3.

Mini season ranked is supposed to be off meta stuff. You do not have to play it.

Then make it optional. Stop this "mini-season". stuff The main game mode is conquest. What if league of legends randomly had weeks of downtime and you couldn't queue ranked? That's just a bad idea and no one would want that.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Novuake.2691" said:Seriously. Its just dumb, let me continue playing conquest in a ranked format even in offseason or actually balance around 3v3.

Then make it optional. Stop this "mini-season". stuff The main game mode is conquest. What if league of legends randomly had weeks of downtime and you couldn't queue ranked? That's just a bad idea and no one would want that.

Before the mini seasons, there used to be no ranked at all for down time period of around 3 weeks. Would it be better if there is no down time at all? Probably, and then we would not need the mini season. I have no idea why we need the down time between seasons anyway.

@otto.5684 said:

Before the mini seasons, there used to be no ranked at all for down time period of around 3 weeks. Would it be better if there is no down time at all? Probably, and then we would not need the mini season. I have no idea why we need the down time between seasons anyway.

No one knows, it needs to stop. All it does is create dead time in your game and probably ends up making more people stop playing and lose interest, especially if they queue unranked.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

No one knows, it needs to stop. All it does is create dead time in your game and probably ends up making more people stop playing and lose interest, especially if they queue unranked.

Just because you can't come up with a reason doesn't mean "no one knows" or one doesn't exist. A lot of game have breaks between seasons for things to give people a break. Burnout is a real thing, whether you think it is or not.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Just because you can't come up with a reason doesn't mean "no one knows" or one doesn't exist. A lot of game have breaks between seasons for things to give people a break. Burnout is a real thing, whether you think it is or not.

Burnout happens more often when there is a forced break time, because it puts a time pressure on the players. Many would feel they need to put in more matches than they want to because clock's ticking out, especially when there's stuff like legendary armour gated behind ranked.

@Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

Burnout happens more often when there is a forced break time, because it puts a time pressure on the players. Many would feel they need to put in more matches than they want to because clock's ticking out, especially when there's stuff like legendary armour gated behind ranked.

Where does this apply besides the legendary items?

By that logic PvE should be shut down for 3 weeks to prevent "Burn out".

Trying to design around preventing burn out is never a good idea. Plus, as I said, people are going to lose interest and get invested in other games during the obscene 3 week downtime.

Anet does NOT want people to stop playing their game. That's how you lose your players. This 3 week downtime is a relic of the past and needs to be re-examined by the new PvP developers.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Koen.1327 said:u can play unrankedmini seasons are just additions they dont replace anything

No, you can't play unranked. I've been playing unranked for 2 weeks and it's not even playable 95% of the time. no exaggeration, the games are HORRIBLE.

and that would be different how off season without miniseason? u think without mini season your unranked will be suddenly great games?

The classes are unbalanced in themself, that is also why in all gamemodes more or less the same classes are an issue. That you can play around balance issues and broken or op mechanics better in conquest because of the outrotation ability doesn't change the fact, that the class has balance issues should be solved, no matter that conquest gives more ways for teams to lower the impact of broken stuff in the opposite team.

It is the old problem this game has since game release, only increased over time. Most classes can be played too forgiving tanky and still have too much dmg or other stuff like low effort hard cc spam compared to high risk (low reward) builds and compared to the high tankyness and mistake-friendlyness they have. Condis are still wrong designed just from the basics and will never be skillful to play that way. If those basic balance problems would finally get solved, all gamemodes would be more skillbased instantly. A special 2v2/ 3v3 balance is not necessary, it is all the same mess in the end.

Something that has high dmg/ offensive power should have remarkable lower sustain/ resustain (in particular sustain that enables mistake friendly facetank playstyle should be reduced in general). DoT dmg should be DoT dmg only, not burst with DoT finisher on builds that even need less offensive stats and go double tanky without losing offensive power. If something needs more skill to make it work, it should be more impactful/useful and rewarding than low skill ceiling/floor stuff. In GW2 it is quite the opposite. And as i always said, the defensive core traitlines are for most classes the biggest problems, not the elites. In particular PoF elites often added skill ceiling a lot and just needed some normal nerfs instead the deletion of active gameplay options/ mechanics and skill ceiling with this inconsistent trade off nonsense. The defensive core trailines are on most classes the ones with the biggest noobcarry potential and lowest skill ceiling and need way more opportunity costs in dmg.

Instead we have a mess of class and elite biased and noobfriendly balance changes destroying mechanics with an insane lack of class understanding, changes which lower skill ceiling, tactical deepness and mechanical complexity because barely competent devs listen to ppl should be perma banned. Both together, but in particular the last point, the nepotism, made me lose hope for this game's pvp, even though Teapot and his helpers do a great job of keeping it alive for now. Kudos to them at this point. Mini seasons and 2v2/3v3 gamemodes are great additions, to give devs some kudos too, but the balance just ruins it all.

Anyway im over the state of wasting time for wall of text posts will not change anything balancewise. This post is already longer and needed more of my time than it is worth it.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

Then make it optional. Stop this "mini-season". stuff The main game mode is conquest. What if league of legends randomly had weeks of downtime and you couldn't queue ranked? That's just a bad idea and no one would want that.You mean like the Preseason.

@Novuake.2691 said:Seriously. Its just dumb, let me continue playing conquest in a ranked format even in offseason or actually balance around 3v3.

It's not the class balance that is an issue here, it's the map design in 2v2 3v3 arenas.

In 2v2 3v3, thief/ranger/Mesmer gets rolled over by herald/tempest/scourge. But in wvw out in an open field, herald/tempest/scourge gets destroyed by thief/ranger/Mesmer.

The problem is the terrain provided in 2v2 3v3. It completely discourages the use of builds that rely on mobility/ranged/trickery as the onus of their class. It's kind of like if you were to take Floyd Mayweather and stick him in 6ft by 6ft room with the Big Show and expect a balanced fight because Floyd is fast on his feet.