Severe Lag Spikes & Disconnect - Error Code 7:11:3:202:101 - [Merged]

My wife and I started getting back in to Guild Wars 2 earlier this week. I've been playing in the past and this is her first time playing.

Worked fine for 2 days, then since yesterday we started getting "code=7:11:3:202:101" DCs - this results in a "black screen of death" where we can only Alt+F4.  This happens to both of us. 

We happen to have two seperate connections at home - so I doubt it is our ISPs

- also considering all the comments above...

She has now given up after playing 20 minutes tonight and experiencing 3 of said DCs. Man it sucks... 

Edited by Shayter.9123

5 minutes ago, Snops.9127 said:

Oh please kitten would u please shut ur mouth ty, u are litteraly dumb. im running a 500/500 connection speed. everything else then gw2 is running smooth. It's a problem with the game server. It's anets fault. not theirs or mine. 

Well then everyone would have problems and the forums would blow up since they arent, thats not what happening.

Do you remember how the forums were when we had the data roll back on Eu server?

As an example how long ago was it you did a factory reset of your router?

It helped my raid buddy who disconnected alot for weeks while we were raiding. 

Edited by Linken.6345

18 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well then everyone would have problems and the forums would blow up since they arent, thats not what happening.

Do you remember how the forums were when we had the data roll back on Eu server?

As an example how long ago was it you did a factory reset of your router?

It helped my raid buddy who disconnected alot for weeks while we were raiding. 

Problem is that i did encounter a good amount of people from guilds, that had same problem. And yea i remember how it were back then.. But a disconnect cant be compared to a rollback tbf 

I actually did a reset on my router today before raids. But didnt seem to do anything at all for me. 

1 minute ago, Snops.9127 said:

Problem is that i did encounter a good amount of people from guilds, that had same problem. And yea i remember how it were back then.. But a disconnect cant be compared to a rollback tbf 

I actually did a reset on my router today before raids. But didnt seem to do anything at all for me. 

A reset as in unplug wait awhile and then replug power coord?

That is not the same as factory reseting it mate, my friend did the power coord and still kept dcing.

26 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

A reset as in unplug wait awhile and then replug power coord?

That is not the same as factory reseting it mate, my friend did the power coord and still kept dcing.

a reset as in i click and hold the reset bottom down and waited for it to start up again not just turn on and off 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

If it were server related everyone would have problems right?

Just me ? The error is a disconnect from server and the lag is packet losses along the way..nothing the ISP can do anything about bud! Their servers are throttling more than a galloping horse on a track race. In simpler terms : GW2 is the only application suffering from the issues described and it doesn't seem like I am the only one

Edited by Arheundel.6451

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Just me ? The error is a disconnect from server and the lag is packet losses along the way..nothing the ISP can do anything about bud! Their servers are throttling more than a galloping horse on a track race. In simpler terms : GW2 is the only application suffering from the issues described and it doesn't seem like I am the only one

I dident say just you and 1, 10, 20 even 100 is few compared to how many play this game mate.

So have you tried a vpn to see if its the line your isp take to the servers that is broken since you get packet loss that could make you lose connection?

• Thanks 1

Login server error every few seconds to a minute here. Game is unplayable in this state. I can't even complete my dailies.

Update: I deleted my only beta character and suddenly things seem normal, or at least more stable. I still get a disconnect every now and then, but my key presses are more responsive.

Edited by Orimidu.9604

Im in contact with support, but still no answers. U may try one thing that came up during the proces (and this is really weird it works):

(this is fragment of the mail i got from gw2support)

Additionally, I would like to request a WinMTR report that can be generated through a program called WinMTR. This not only helps us determine the health of your Internet connection while installing, patching or downloading Guild Wars, but it also helps us determine if the issue is coming from your network, a data center in-between or from the Anet servers themselves.

Download link: https://winmtr.en.uptodown.com/windows
(Click the "Latest Version" button. Then you can now click the "Download" button)

Once WinMTR is installed, run the program and follow the steps below:
1. Log in to Guild Wars 2
2. In the chat window type “/ip” without the quotes and press enter. This will return an IP address followed by a colon and a number (for example, “192.158.1.1:0”).
3. Copy the IP address but omit the colon and everything after.
4. Paste or type the IP address into the “Host” field in WinMTR.
5. Click Start.

Whenever i run this program with ip from gw2 servers i get by the /ip command i get no lags no disconnects. Only downside is u need to run it in the backround.

Let me know if you experienced any changes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bubelu.4278 said:

Im in contact with support, but still no answers. U may try one thing that came up during the proces (and this is really weird it works):

(this is fragment of the mail i got from gw2support)

Additionally, I would like to request a WinMTR report that can be generated through a program called WinMTR. This not only helps us determine the health of your Internet connection while installing, patching or downloading Guild Wars, but it also helps us determine if the issue is coming from your network, a data center in-between or from the Anet servers themselves.

Download link: https://winmtr.en.uptodown.com/windows
(Click the "Latest Version" button. Then you can now click the "Download" button)

Once WinMTR is installed, run the program and follow the steps below:
1. Log in to Guild Wars 2
2. In the chat window type “/ip” without the quotes and press enter. This will return an IP address followed by a colon and a number (for example, “192.158.1.1:0”).
3. Copy the IP address but omit the colon and everything after.
4. Paste or type the IP address into the “Host” field in WinMTR.
5. Click Start.

Whenever i run this program with ip from gw2 servers i get by the /ip command i get no lags no disconnects. Only downside is u need to run it in the backround.

Let me know if you experienced any changes.

Good info although similar can be accomplished via tracert and ping.

Spoiler

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                   Host              Loss%  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                    Home SSID -    0 |   51 |   51 |    0 |    0 |    5 |    0 |
|                   96.120.18.153 -    0 |   51 |   51 |    7 |    7 |   10 |    9 |
|                   24.124.163.93 -    0 |   51 |   51 |    7 |    9 |   22 |    8 |
|                   96.108.140.141 -    0 |   51 |   51 |    7 |    8 |   15 |    8 |
|                   ae-73-ar02.charlvilleco.va.richmond.comcast.net -    0 |   51 |   51 |   13 |   15 |   39 |   15 |
|                   be-31512-cs01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net -    0 |   51 |   51 |   17 |   18 |   28 |   17 |
|                   be-2107-pe07.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net -    0 |   51 |   51 |   16 |   16 |   24 |   16 |
|                   66.208.233.18 -    0 |   51 |   51 |   15 |   18 |   42 |   16 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   11 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   11 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Whatever is supposed to come after 66.208.233.18 is having a lot of problems. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Comcast at 66.208.233.18 not forwarding the traffic or if it's the next hop not responding to anything. Despite the problem here though, at the moment I'm not getting login issues, lag, or disconnects.

Update: Still experiencing skill lag and some login server errors after latest build.

Edited by Orimidu.9604

6 hours ago, Orimidu.9604 said:

Still occurring here. The fact that this is seemingly being ignored is troubling. Not a single mention of it anywhere by devs.

Yup, pretty sad actually.. The game was still fine before the update, but after the update, i couldn't play with all the ping spikes and crashes.. It's been 3 days, kinda bumped about it and not to mention that Festival of The Four Winds is coming soon..

On 8/18/2021 at 2:23 PM, Orimidu.9604 said:

Good info although similar can be accomplished via tracert and ping.

Hide contents

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                   Host              Loss%  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                    Home SSID -    0 |   51 |   51 |    0 |    0 |    5 |    0 |
|                   96.120.18.153 -    0 |   51 |   51 |    7 |    7 |   10 |    9 |
|                   24.124.163.93 -    0 |   51 |   51 |    7 |    9 |   22 |    8 |
|                   96.108.140.141 -    0 |   51 |   51 |    7 |    8 |   15 |    8 |
|                   ae-73-ar02.charlvilleco.va.richmond.comcast.net -    0 |   51 |   51 |   13 |   15 |   39 |   15 |
|                   be-31512-cs01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net -    0 |   51 |   51 |   17 |   18 |   28 |   17 |
|                   be-2107-pe07.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net -    0 |   51 |   51 |   16 |   16 |   24 |   16 |
|                   66.208.233.18 -    0 |   51 |   51 |   15 |   18 |   42 |   16 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Whatever is supposed to come after 66.208.233.18 is having a lot of problems. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Comcast at 66.208.233.18 not forwarding the traffic or if it's the next hop not responding to anything. Despite the problem here though, at the moment I'm not getting login issues, lag, or disconnects.

Update: Still experiencing skill lag and some login server errors after latest build.

You are aware you can not normally ping AWS servers (that's why everything show zeros).  You can google how to, if you so desire.