Anniversary SALE!!!

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:If a sale is coming then is it wiser for me to convert my golds to gems now? Or at the sales the gems price will go higher?

If you want to turn gold into gems then it is better to do it before the sale starts. If you want to turn gems into gold it's better to wait until near the end of the sale.

The exchange rate is based on how many transactions are going each way - if more people turn gold into gems it gets more expensive to do that, but cheaper to turn gems into gold. If more people turn gems into gold the opposite happens. During a sale it's likely that a lot of people will convert their gold into gems to buy stuff, but if the exchange rate goes high enough it can actually end up more expensive than buying items at their normal price later on, because you have to convert so much more gold to get the gems that it cancels out the sale discount. (Of course that depends on what you're buying and what the discount is.)

@Tukaram.8256 said:If anything goes on sale that I want (probably shared inventory slots) I will buy gems with dollars. Does the dollar price vary during sales?

No, the price to buy gems with real money has always stayed the same, so if you're doing it that way there's no need to buy gems in advance.

It's possible Anet could one day discount the price of gems, but it's never happened before.

@Roche.7491 said:

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:No expac, no money from me.

That’s a wise one too.

Can someone compute how much one can save/earn if you buy the $80 ultimate edition expac with 4k gems ++ vs buying $80 worth of gems in lion trade and tradeding them for discounted goods during the anniversary minus $30 standard expac.

There's no way to calculate that yet, because no one knows what will be included in the sale or how much it will be discounted.

@crepuscular.9047 said:

Anet, YOu know why you aren't making so much money compared to other MMOs? because you DESTROYED Fashion Wars 2 with your stupid outfits, trying to make all players are coming out from the same mold, like mass produced barbie dolls coming out from sweatshopsThat's not the reason. I'm surprised. You've been around long enough to know that.

@crepuscular.9047 said:Anet, YOu know why you aren't making so much money compared to other MMOs? because you DESTROYED Fashion Wars 2 with your stupid outfits, trying to make all players are coming out from the same mold, like mass produced barbie dolls coming out from sweatshops

they (outfits) do reduce the variety, agreed. there are many times (not all the time) i just wander around Lion's Arch or Divinity's Reach and see atleast 2 to 3 people with identical outfits the only difference being one has the helmet off and/or has a different dye scheme

that said, i do use outfits but primarily to hide an alt's starter/leveling gear until i can equip & outfit them with their first level 80 set for the build i planned. never used outfits otherwise.

really wish we got more armour skins (in-game both via achievements/crafting and via the gemstore).

@Roche.7491 said:

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:No expac, no money from me.

That’s a wise one too.

Can someone compute how much one can save/earn if you buy the $80 ultimate edition expac with 4k gems ++ vs buying $80 worth of gems in lion trade and tradeding them for discounted goods during the anniversary minus $30 standard expac.

There's an alternative way to calc it.

Expac is 30 on release4k gems is a flat 50The deluxe package is the bonus. The value of the deluxe upgrade is up to your personal valuation. If you feel that everything inside is worth it, then that would work out to abt 25usd iirc, or xx on discount. If you feel that some parts are junk, then subtract accordingly

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:Anet, YOu know why you aren't making so much money compared to other MMOs? because you
DESTROYED
Fashion Wars 2 with your stupid outfits, trying to make all players are coming out from the same mold, like mass produced barbie dolls coming out from sweatshops

they (outfits) do reduce the variety, agreed. there are many times (not all the time) i just wander around Lion's Arch or Divinity's Reach and see atleast 2 to 3 people with identical outfits the only difference being one has the helmet off and/or has a different dye scheme

that said, i do use outfits but primarily to hide an alt's starter/leveling gear until i can equip & outfit them with their first level 80 set for the build i planned. never used outfits otherwise.

really wish we got more armour skins (in-game both via achievements/crafting and via the gemstore).

For what it's worth I often use outfits in town, even on characters who have customised armour skins I've spent a lot of time on. For me it's a role-play thing. I make armour sets which look like what I think my characters would wear in battle or during story instances, and then I use outfits as 'civillian' clothing when they're in town where armour would be both impractical and unnecessary.

I have no idea how many people do similar things, but for me at least what my characters look like standing at the bank in town is not representative of my interest in outfits vs. armour skins or how much I'm interested in customising their appearence. (I realise that sounds contradictory, considering more people are likely to see my characters in town than when we're all busy in combat, but I customise them for me, not for anyone else.)

I'm not entirely happy with the outfit system, but I do like having alternatives to armour which don't have to follow the same restrictions to allow them to be customised and which can be switched to instantly without having to take up armour or inventory spaces. I would like Anet to prioritise making armour and only make something an outfit if it won't work as armour (or make both versions), but I wouldn't want to lose the outfit system entirely, because for me that would be less customisation.

@"Danikat.8537" said:I wouldn't want to lose the outfit system entirely, because for me that would be less customisation.

from what i've seen (correct me if im wrong) Anet usually just abandons content/features they don't usually drop/deprecate/remove/lose it unless it will be succeeded by another similar/"better" feature or content. and i think they still do bugfixes if it's game breaking enough on older features/content

if it's an RP thing, where you want to present in-character / or in context, that's completely, absolutely ok if it's what you're going after -or- if you simply just like using outfits, there's nothing wrong with that too!... but some like me aren't happy with outfits :)