Warrior Balance Requests Omnibus

Lan Deathrider.5910

31 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Yeah totally. 

I just would love to be able to use DPS SpB in wvw with dagger OH. 

Can we just pretend that the sunspears went to cantha and cut some bamboo shafts to replace the dagger handles on theyr spear tips. Maybe armed with a reall battle weapon instead of a civilian side arm they could actually be warriors. 💩

The best way to make OH Dagger more viable is to have it remove boons on hit, twice on Wastrel's ruin if you proc the extra damage. Wastrel's Ruin's base damage should be 20% higher as well.

OH Sword... needs the block to full channel the block and grant the attack on flipover once you block anything (like Ranger GS) and have the counter attack also evade for 3/4s, again just like ranger GS... Impale needs to face the target when you use it (it doesn't) and immobilize rather than cripple the target. The flipover should should not cancel the pulsing torment. 

OH Mace, needs more damage on Crushing Blow, and a Tremor to be unblockable or made into a cone AoE that isn't a projectile.

Warhorn needs 4s quickness on Charge and the trait to give 5s of resistance.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
silly mistake on my part
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Riposte needs to face the target when you use it (it doesn't) and immobilize rather than cripple the target. The flipover should should not cancel the pulsing torment. 

Perhaps you meant Impale? 

I like your other ideas, btw. 

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364

One really easy thing that may help OH dagger would be reducing the cool down of wastrel’s ruin, at least in wvw/pvp, to 8s. It can still do decent damage (at least the last time I played it), if you put it on a shorter CD, you can synergies it with something like mainhand mace for the F1->wastrel ruin combo. Then also increase the damage on bladestorm probably, since it’s a pretty unremarkable skill, especially at a 20s CD (or make it a full block that is directional, that would probably help WAY more). 

Would this make it meta? Absolutely not, way too many holes and flaws. But it would at least make it more usable IMO. Mace/dagger was fun back when it had damage xD

• Like 1

I was talking from a zerg perspective tbh. I don't mind Wastrel's buffs, but it's pretty meh as a single target, conditional skill. 

Bladestorm on the other hand having the reflect capability as well as the cleave? This can become a very good skill for DPS SpBs that are bored of Axe OH. Heck, maybe a dual axe, dual dagger build could do better and some extra strips (whereas Gs and dagger/axe is probs the middle ground). 

add evade to Savage Leap.

add Daze to Impale, even on using Rip, change rip to 900 range

add slow/taunt on Riposte counter skill, change Riposte to be 2-sec channeled block, with a flip for 2-3 seconds to Riposte Counter which would apply those conditions

On 7/7/2022 at 10:54 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The best way to make OH Dagger more viable is to have it remove boons on hit, twice on Wastrel's ruin if you proc the extra damage. Wastrel's Ruin's base damage should be 20% higher as well.

Offhand dagger definitely needs a buff, Wastrel's Ruin stripping boons is good, here are additional ways we can buff dagger offhand.  Note: these are all options, I am not advocating all of them be implemented.

Terms: dagger 4 = Wastrel's Ruin,                   dagger 5 = Bladestorm

A. Increasing opponent skill recharge that were active when dagger is connecting.

B. Damage boost if attack hits an opponent casting a spell.

C. If dagger 4 or 5 crits, a boon is stripped.

D. If Wastrel's Ruin hits a foe in the process of casting a boon to allies, the boon is replaced by a condition inflicted on opponent's allies.

E. Bladestorm cooldown is reduced from current 20 sec to 15 sec (same as Axe 5, Whirling Axe).  I would be willing to sacrifice Bladestorm's reflect in order for it to be a more reliable dps option.

F. If dagger 4 or 5 crits an opponent casting a damaging condition, you gain Resolution, if it crits an opponent casting a nondamaging condition, you gain Resistance.

G. If you attack an opponent in the process of casting a spell, you automatically crit them.  If that is too much, a 20% increase in chance to crit.

I would go so far as making option B also apply to main hand dagger skills as well.  Spellbreaker need not be exclusively stripping boons, but also punishing you for spellcasting.  

Edited by RiyazGuerra.9203
added more options + typos

Came across an idea of having banners better interact with Warrior as a whole. With the idea of "banner does extra things after a Burst attack", I mused on that a bit more: 

Banner functions like an AoE Signet. Pulses on a 5-second cycle.
Per bar of Adrenaline used on a successful Burst, it applies a separate effect.
Banners can be activated to execute its Burst effect (3 bars), but stop pulsing during cooldown (14 seconds). Thus, if a Burst is missed, a player can sacrifice pulsing boons for the active effect.
Trait: Banners give Quickness on Burst, 1.5 sec per bar. (Gives a choice of one banner and Concentration for uptime or 2 banners for more dps focus.)

Defense: Pulses Resistance (2 seconds)
Burst: Protection and Resistance, 1s/bar

Discipline: Pulses Fury (3 seconds)
Burst: Swiftness, 2s/bar

Strength: Pulse Might (5 stacks, 3 seconds)
Burst: Applies Deep Cut (1s/bar) to allies, similar to Rot Wallow Venom, attacks inflict bleeding.

Tactics: Pulse Regen (3 seconds)
Burst: Cleanses conditions, 1/bar

Battle Standard: Pulse Stability (2 seconds)
On burst: Vigor, 2s/bar Activation also adds Revive Targets but ups the cooldown to 120s if it revives a target. (Similar to how Function Gyro CD changes per target.)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rauderi.8706 said:

Came across an idea of having banners better interact with Warrior as a whole. With the idea of "banner does extra things after a Burst attack", I mused on that a bit more: 

Banners can be activated to execute its Burst effect (3 bars), but stop pulsing during cooldown (14 seconds). Thus, if a Burst is missed, a player can sacrifice pulsing boons for the active effect.
Trait: Banners give Quickness on Burst, 1.5 sec per bar. (Gives a choice of one banner and Concentration for uptime or 2 banners for more dps focus.)

Burst: Applies Deep Cut (1s/bar) to allies, similar to Rot Wallow Venom, attacks inflict bleeding.

On burst: Vigor, 2s/bar Activation also adds Revive Targets but ups the cooldown to 120s if it revives a target. (Similar to how Function Gyro CD changes per target.)

Adding special effects when bursting is an interesting potential buff to banner.

While we're on the subject of burst, how about adrenaline is gained while both causing non-burst damage to enemies as well as receiving damage,...plus as you receive damage, cooldown on burst decreases, therefore increasing the threat of warrior burst as they are losing health.

On 7/8/2022 at 2:06 PM, Rauderi.8706 said:

That's a pretty clever mechanic. Nice work, my dude! 

• 5 weeks later...

I want to bump this topic back to the front page, as it has a lot of solid ideas, and (if nothing else) helps as a reference to a lot of the things that could be changed or adjusted to help give warrior more of a cohesive build template. It probably won't be pinned or anything, but having everything listed out like this would most certainly help to streamline any future updates for the profession, even if it's mostly for PvP/WvW content that "might" help out PvE.

Edited by Kalthea.4326
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kalthea.4326 said:

I want to bump this topic back to the front page, as it has a lot of solid ideas, and (if nothing else) helps as a reference to a lot of the things that could be changed or adjusted to help give warrior more of a cohesive build template. It probably won't be pinned or anything, but having everything listed out like this would most certainly help to streamline any future updates for the profession, even if it's mostly for PvP/WvW content that "might" help out PvE.

Awe, thanks buddy. I and several others have linked this thread to the devs several times, so they know it exists, but keeping it visible on the front page never hurts. Everyone is free to keep using it for discussions, but I'm not going to edit the main post anymore.