Legendary Armor - Equally obtainable across the board

Legendary armor should be obtainable across all three methods with the same time restrictions.PvE - 6 weeks (3-4 hours /week)PvP - 3 seasons of 8x3x8 (just to get the tickets) - (hundreds of hours to amass the ascended shards of glory) minmum of 19 weeks, but likely longer since it requires the additional repeatable chests.WvW - Minimum of 22 weeks

Even after reaching the time-gates, you still have to tack on all the mats that need to be farmed. Increase the sPvP ascended shards of glory collection rates. Increase the WvW Skirmish claim tickets - at least to the point where it's relatively the same time frame as going the PvE route.

• Like 1

Highly disagree. Only because even though you dont spend much time compared to pvp and wvw however not many people can even put in the effort in pve legendary armor compared to pvp and wvw. With all do respect to people who do have legendary pvp and wvw armor. All they truly have to do is participate vs in pve you actually have to kill 150 raid kills + get certain bosses and doing tasks. Even though it tech isn’t hard to do for legendary pve armor, it is harder to majority of the player base in gw2. Therefore the people who put more effort in get a less time gate.

• Confused 1

@blambidy.3216 said:Highly disagree. Only because even though you dont spend much time compared to pvp and wvw however not many people can even put in the effort in pve legendary armor compared to pvp and wvw. With all do respect to people who do have legendary pvp and wvw armor. All they truly have to do is participate vs in pve you actually have to kill 150 raid kills + get certain bosses and doing tasks. Even though it tech isn’t hard to do for legendary pve armor, it is harder to majority of the player base in gw2. Therefore the people who put more effort in get a less time gate.

Except for the fact that you can literally just buy your way through the PvE gear. So no, hardly would consider the effort equal.

• Like 1

@jwhite.7012 said:

@"blambidy.3216" said:Highly disagree. Only because even though you dont spend much time compared to pvp and wvw however not many people can even put in the effort in pve legendary armor compared to pvp and wvw. With all do respect to people who do have legendary pvp and wvw armor. All they truly have to do is participate vs in pve you actually have to kill 150 raid kills + get certain bosses and doing tasks. Even though it tech isn’t hard to do for legendary pve armor, it is harder to majority of the player base in gw2. Therefore the people who put more effort in get a less time gate.

Except for the fact that you can literally just buy your way through the PvE gear. So no, hardly would consider the effort equal.

If you decide to spend those thousands of Mystic Coins on weeks of full clears to a sell guild, you can just as well afk at spawn in WvW, or slug away at pvp in bronze. Also you are conveniently leaving out that this only applies to the first PvE set. More power to credit card warriors.

For most "normal" players, your math does not add up for PvE. No new players will full clear W1-7 from week 1 in sub 4 hours.

For any future set, it's minimum 12 weeks in PvE. If you factor for the necessity to get the experience and knowledge, this can easily outpace PvP or WvW in time spent, given in those modes all you have to do is show up basically.

@jwhite.7012 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:Highly disagree. Only because even though you dont spend much time compared to pvp and wvw however not many people can even put in the effort in pve legendary armor compared to pvp and wvw. With all do respect to people who do have legendary pvp and wvw armor. All they truly have to do is participate vs in pve you actually have to kill 150 raid kills + get certain bosses and doing tasks. Even though it tech isn’t hard to do for legendary pve armor, it is harder to majority of the player base in gw2. Therefore the people who put more effort in get a less time gate.

How long did it take to farm all that gold to buy the raid clears? If they used a credit card then they’re an edge case and shouldn’t really be taken into account.

• Confused 1

You're also assuming just the first raid armor set counts for the raid stuff, it takes 12 weeks without the free precursors from the collection.

And I agree with blambiddy, the raid clears are more effort to earn, whereas the time gated stuff for PvP and WvW can be earned from just participating. WvW taking the longest since its tickets are literally earned from just existing on a wvw map and touching things every once in a while.

Technically you can just buy your way through raid clears i guess but i personally wouldn't count that since that's not really an inherent part of the game.

Edit: also, the free ones from the collection have a 5 week time gate on them iirc? You have to clear gorseval 5 times for spirit threads.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"blambidy.3216" said:Highly disagree. Only because even though you dont spend much time compared to pvp and wvw however not many people can even put in the effort in pve legendary armor compared to pvp and wvw. With all do respect to people who do have legendary pvp and wvw armor. All they truly have to do is participate vs in pve you actually have to kill 150 raid kills + get certain bosses and doing tasks. Even though it tech isn’t hard to do for legendary pve armor, it is harder to majority of the player base in gw2. Therefore the people who put more effort in get a less time gate.

If you decide to spend those thousands of Mystic Coins on weeks of full clears to a sell guild, you can just as well afk at spawn in WvW, or slug away at pvp in bronze. Also you are conveniently leaving out that this only applies to the first PvE set. More power to credit card warriors.

For most "normal" players, your math does not add up for PvE. No new players will full clear W1-7 from week 1 in sub 4 hours.

Can't really AFK in WvW, you hit that t1 participation and you're looking at like 1yr + to get that set.Same for PvP, sure you can bot through PvP (which is reportable), or you can do the bare minimum to not get reported. Low W/R, drastically extends that time for getting the needed pips.you can buy a full wing clear for 30-50g. Buying an entire clear x6 is still cheaper than buying some of the 1st gen legendaries. Cant pay your way through wvw, cant pay your way through pvp.

• Like 1

@jwhite.7012 said:

Can't really AFK in WvW, you hit that t1 participation and you're looking at like 1yr + to get that set.

I'm sorry, semi afk and flip a camp every 10 minutes. Unattentive play is not allowed.

@jwhite.7012 said:Same for PvP, sure you can bot through PvP (which is reportable), or you can do the bare minimum to not get reported. Low W/R, drastically extends that time for getting the needed pips.

Except, your winrate will gravitate to 50%, no matter if in bronze, silver or gold...

@jwhite.7012 said:you can buy a full wing clear for 30-50g. Buying an entire clear x6 is still cheaper than buying some of the 1st gen legendaries. Cant pay your way through wvw, cant pay your way through pvp.

A full wing clear goes last I checked for 200 MC per wing. More for later wings. So yes, as I said, thousands of MC and again, there is no need to balance for this, because it is hardly the approach most players will take. Even WITH this speedup, it takes 12 weeks after the first armor.

@jwhite.7012 said:

Can't really AFK in WvW, you hit that t1 participation and you're looking at like 1yr + to get that set.Same for PvP, sure you can bot through PvP (which is reportable), or you can do the bare minimum to not get reported. Low W/R, drastically extends that time for getting the needed pips.you can buy a full wing clear for 30-50g. Buying an entire clear x6 is still cheaper than buying some of the 1st gen legendaries. Cant pay your way through wvw, cant pay your way through pvp.

ofcourse you can buy your self through wvw just pay a commander to give you squad particiation.

Why does this argument always turn into a debate of afk farming and buying your way through content? If you actually play the game like a normal person it takes much less time to get the pve gear. But by all means if you want to argue that flipping camps for 500 hours is an easy way to get legendary armor then try it out yourself. Personally I would find raiding a couple times a week to be far easier.

In a few more weeks I'll be done on my first set of of legendary armor. I chose WvW since I enjoy the game mode but my god never again.1450 Pips needed to max out the reward track at let's say an average of about 10 ticks per 5 minutes of active gameplay is insane to me, I would've switched a while ago but I'd already got everything apart from the tickets.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Why does this argument always turn into a debate of afk farming and buying your way through content? If you actually play the game like a normal person it takes much less time to get the pve gear. But by all means if you want to argue that flipping camps for 500 hours is an easy way to get legendary armor then try it out yourself. Personally I would find raiding a couple times a week to be far easier.

Typically only raiders are able to do full raid clears and it’s not something a random player can expect to do. If they do go the raid route, you have to account for all of the time it takes for them to gain experience on how to do each raid encounter.

• Like 1

@"jwhite.7012" said:you can buy a full wing clear for 30-50g. Buying an entire clear x6 is still cheaper than buying some of the 1st gen legendaries. Cant pay your way through wvw, cant pay your way through pvp.

You could not be more wrong. A kill of Dhuum or Qadim 1 is more than 50g just on their own. You do not NEED to pay your way through WvW or PvP to get the armour, if doesn't matter how much you lose or die because you always get progress as long as you're participating.

The discounted set is still 25 li per piece and requires you to do the first 2 collections of Envoy Armour. Assuming you buy W1-7 every week, you're getting 25LI a week (15 LI and 10 LD), assume you can get W1-4 for 30g each and W5-7 for 100g each, you're still paying over 2000g and the armour is still 300-350g/piece to craft. You'd have to be pretty fucking dedicated to do that and it probably applies to less than 1% of players. It's a really invalid point to say the armour is "credit cardable".

You also forget that the Ectoplasmic Residue that you need 10 of is RNG based and you may not have it all within 6 weeks. If this is the case, you cannot progress to the next set. There's so many things that you still have to do and cannot simply just buy. It is no way in hell 3-4 hours a week, you are only counting an incredibly fast raid buy with no wipes and no time spent searching for it.

It's just a ridiculous post to be honest.

• Confused 1

@Lottie.5370 said:

@"jwhite.7012" said:you can buy a full wing clear for 30-50g. Buying an entire clear x6 is still cheaper than buying some of the 1st gen legendaries. Cant pay your way through wvw, cant pay your way through pvp.

You could not be more wrong. A kill of Dhuum or Qadim 1 is more than 50g just on their own. You do not NEED to pay your way through WvW or PvP to get the armour, if doesn't matter how much you lose or die because you always get progress as long as you're participating.

The discounted set is still 25 li per piece and requires you to do the first 2 collections of Envoy Armour. Assuming you buy W1-7 every week, you're getting 25LI a week (15 LI and 10 LD), assume you can get W1-4 for 30g each and W5-7 for 100g each, you're still paying over 2000g and the armour is still 300-350g/piece to craft. You'd have to be pretty kitten dedicated to do that and it probably applies to less than 1% of players. It's a really invalid point to say the armour is "credit cardable".

You also forget that the Ectoplasmic Residue that you need 10 of is RNG based and you may not have it all within 6 weeks. If this is the case, you cannot progress to the next set. There's so many things that you still have to do and cannot simply just buy. It is no way in hell 3-4 hours a week, you are only counting an incredibly fast raid buy with no wipes and no time spent searching for it.

You act as though PvE is the only route that requires materials. All three routes require you to farm mats. So don't go tacking on mats, when I didn't tack on mats for any of the other routes. Quite frankly the raids are dull to me. Now I can honestly say I haven't even attempted w5-7, mainly because I cant stand the raiding community in GW2 to begin with. Second to that, PvE already gets the unique skin which arguably is probably one of the few reasons people even "attempt" to go the raid route.

WvW is still going to require a gross amount of time to farm the mats, tickets, and honor. WvW alone requires ~18 hours every week just to hit the weekly pip counter to get your cap of tickets. This is assuming you are maintaining participation, have not skipped a week (for the +1 pip for previous week), and that you're at least a somewhat decent rank. Being a full-time commander is the only suitable route for anyone who wants to acquire the legendary armor set in a reasonable time in WvW.PvP requires at least several hundreds of matches just to hit the ascended shards.PvE, lets "assume" it takes the average player 18 hours a week to full clear the raid. That is still significantly less time either of the other routes.

@jwhite.7012 said:

@jwhite.7012 said:you can buy a full wing clear for 30-50g. Buying an entire clear x6 is still cheaper than buying some of the 1st gen legendaries. Cant pay your way through wvw, cant pay your way through pvp.

The discounted set is still 25 li per piece and requires you to do the first 2 collections of Envoy Armour. Assuming you buy W1-7 every week, you're getting 25LI a week (15 LI and 10 LD), assume you can get W1-4 for 30g each and W5-7 for 100g each, you're still paying over 2000g and the armour is still 300-350g/piece to craft. You'd have to be pretty kitten dedicated to do that and it probably applies to less than 1% of players. It's a really invalid point to say the armour is "credit cardable".

You act as though PvE is the only route that requires materials. All three routes require you to farm mats. So don't go tacking on mats, when I didn't tack on mats for any of the other routes. Quite frankly the raids are dull to me. Now I can honestly say I haven't even attempted w5-7, mainly because I cant stand the raiding community in GW2 to begin with. Second to that, PvE already gets the unique skin which arguably is probably one of the few reasons people even "attempt" to go the raid route.

WvW is still going to require a gross amount of time to farm the mats, tickets, and honor. WvW alone requires ~18 hours every week just to hit the weekly pip counter to get your cap of tickets. This is assuming you are maintaining participation, have not skipped a week (for the +1 pip for previous week), and that you're at least a somewhat decent rank. Being a full-time commander is the only suitable route for anyone who wants to acquire the legendary armor set in a reasonable time in WvW.PvP requires at least several hundreds of matches just to hit the ascended shards.PvE, lets "assume" it takes the average player 18 hours a week to full clear the raid. That is still significantly less time either of the other routes.

Good day ,

Pve has a failure state wherein no progress is made towards the armor. I would argue that pvp and wvw have some progression regardless of the outcome. I would agree that some down tuning of the other modes is reasonable though .

Thanks

• Confused 1

@jwhite.7012 said:Legendary armor should be obtainable across all three methods with the same time restrictions.PvE - 6 weeks (3-4 hours /week)PvP - 3 seasons of 8x3x8 (just to get the tickets) - (hundreds of hours to amass the ascended shards of glory) minmum of 19 weeks, but likely longer since it requires the additional repeatable chests.WvW - Minimum of 22 weeks

Even after reaching the time-gates, you still have to tack on all the mats that need to be farmed. Increase the sPvP ascended shards of glory collection rates. Increase the WvW Skirmish claim tickets - at least to the point where it's relatively the same time frame as going the PvE route.

Sure, but then make them challenging too. only get tickets if you win by at least 300 difference in plat and above, or only if you control 90% of all maps for at least 1 hour.

pvp and wvw is welfare armor, you just have to show up, cut the time if you want, but also make it a merit, not a hand-me-down

• Confused 1

I feel like this is more a problem with raids than with competitive modes. That said, keep in mind that to get the WvW Legendary armor takes anywhere months to years of pregrinding levels, depending on your available playtime, before you can obtain it.

The same timegate doesn't exist in PvE, you can be ready to start raiding in less than a week.

@jwhite.7012 said:

They also have to do the collection, farm the materials SPECIFIC to the PvE set and collections. You also need map currencies and metas which take a long time, and that you cannot just buy. You also need specific masteries, this also takes time. Yes there is no weekly time gate on those things, but a person can only play so much per day, and if you're assuming they're already spending 18 hours a week raiding... where do they get their other time to do the rest?

If you are a WvW player in general, then the WvW set is much faster to get, as you get a lot more pips and will have skirmish tickets from previous playtime. That's how it should be, no? Same if you're PvP player, you will already have some of the materials.

Your argument is not "WvW and PvP takes longer to get and that's bad" it's "a PvE player with only a credit card can get their PvE legendary armour before a PvE player that has never played WvW or PvP before can get WvW or PvP legendary armour"

You're trying to word everything to be in favour of YOUR opinion/argument and that's not really how it works.

Also, I tacked on the cost of the armour because it makes the total gold cost in the several thousands. This is relevant if you're converting gems to gold for the whole thing.

@jwhite.7012 said:

I wonder if you know how expensive a kill is. The price does go higher and lower depending on the boss however let’s say it’s 400 gold per boss. 400 x 150 = 60,000 gold. Depending on the fluctuations of gem to gold conversion that’s pretty steep for just the first set. However that’s a flat rate. And most likely carrying someone through the heart achievements would most likely cost more since it would cost more time since 2 of the heart achievements the player can not die even if the boss is killed. However that’s just the first set. The second and third set is 300 LI for 1 set. So it’s 120,000 gold for the second and third set. Total if the person bought all 3 sets 400 x 750 = 300,000 gold. That’s some massive cheddar for a video game.However I don’t sell and I never bought. All I know is the gold does fluctuate higher or lower depending on the bosses. So it could be higher or lower then this assumption depending on the seller.

@Konrad Curze.5130 said:

@"jwhite.7012" said:Legendary armor should be obtainable across all three methods with the same time restrictions.PvE - 6 weeks (3-4 hours /week)PvP - 3 seasons of 8x3x8 (just to get the tickets) - (hundreds of hours to amass the ascended shards of glory) minmum of 19 weeks, but likely longer since it requires the additional repeatable chests.WvW - Minimum of 22 weeks

Sure, but then make them challenging too. only get tickets if you win by at least 300 difference in plat and above, or only if you control 90% of all maps for at least 1 hour.

pvp and wvw is welfare armor, you just have to show up

I'm not opposed to making it un-afkable. Truth be told, I think most pvp oriented players would love to see that passive rewards are removed from PvP all together. Even in Gold you get players afk'ing.

Just as people have suggested that the "top raiders" can achieve full clears every week- "top PvP players" should be rewarded for their efforts equally.

@blambidy.3216 said:

I wonder if you know how expensive a kill is. The price does go higher and lower depending on the boss however let’s say it’s 400 gold per boss. 400 x 150 = 60,000 gold. Depending on the fluctuations of gem to gold conversion that’s pretty steep for just the first set. However that’s a flat rate. And most likely carrying someone through the heart achievements would most likely cost more since it would cost more time since 2 of the heart achievements the player can not die even if the boss is killed. However that’s just the first set. The second and third set is 300 LI for 1 set. So it’s 120,000 gold for the second and third set. Total if the person bought all 3 sets 400 x 750 = 300,000 gold. That’s some massive cheddar for a video game.However I don’t sell and I never bought. All I know is the gold does fluctuate higher or lower depending on the bosses. So it could be higher or lower then this assumption depending on the seller.

I've PM'd three guilds who were "selling clears" in LFG over the past week. They were the only three I saw in game for the time that I was active, and I was told that for the most part it was 30-50g /wing. There were three bosses that had their own additional fee, and they said it varies every week. Even if you only did 10 bosses every week. That is still only 15 weeks to get fully geared (once). Which is still cheaper and faster than any other method currently available.

@jwhite.7012 said:

I've PM'd three guilds who were "selling clears" in LFG over the past week. They were the only three I saw in game for the time that I was active, and I was told that for the most part it was 30-50g /wing. There were three bosses that had their own additional fee, and they said it varies every week. Even if you only did 10 bosses every week. That is still only 15 weeks to get fully geared (once). Which is still cheaper and faster than any other method currently available.

Iv heard it has been more that 30-50 gold /wing. but I’ll take you word for it. Last time it was 30-50 gold per boss but I guess seller prices change. It was also like a year ago that iv talked about it with a friend of mine. So maybe sellers did get lower. 720 gold for 6 weeks isn’t bad.

However we are talking about the effort differences the don’t include buying.

@blambidy.3216 said:

Yeah... but buying a full wing, or even every full wing, will probably get you a hefty discount. The OP has to remember that the cost is being split among 6-9 people and has to be worth it for each of them cost wise, however.

But you are way off for 400g/boss. A Samarog CM, for example, is around 275MC~ which is less than 450g~, and it's one of the harder CMs, regular bosses (especially W1-4) will go for way less than that. I'd say Dhuum is the highest value normal kill in the region of 150MC. (I am not a raid seller, but I do know some)

It is still going to be thousands of gold, but nowhere near 120,000 :p

@Lottie.5370 said:

Yeah... but buying a full wing, or even every full wing, will probably get you a hefty discount. The OP has to remember that the cost is being split among 6-9 people and has to be worth it for each of them cost wise, however.

But you are way off for 400g/boss. A Samarog CM, for example, is around 275MC~ which is less than 450g~, and it's one of the harder CMs, regular bosses (especially W1-4) will go for
way
less than that. I'd say Dhuum is the highest value normal kill in the region of 150MC. (I am not a raid seller, but I do know some)

Like Ali said I don’t know the prices ? but yea. No where near it but it’s still quite a bit of gold. I personally wouldn’t go that route since legendarys are pretty costly themselves. Specially since mystic coins skyrocketed. Not only you buy the raid kill but you have to still buy the armor. I mean power to them for supporting the game but it isn’t worth it.

@blambidy.3216 said:

But you are way off for 400g/boss. A Samarog CM, for example, is around 275MC~ which is less than 450g~, and it's one of the harder CMs, regular bosses (especially W1-4) will go for
way
less than that. I'd say Dhuum is the highest value normal kill in the region of 150MC. (I am not a raid seller, but I do know some)

Like Ali said I don’t know the prices ? but yea. No where near it but it’s still quite a bit of gold. I personally wouldn’t go that route since legendarys are pretty costly themselves. Specially since mystic coins skyrocketed. Not only you buy the raid kill but you have to still buy the armor. I mean power to them for supporting the game but it isn’t worth it.

Most map metas are pretty consistent with Gold /hr. Somewhere around the 30g /hr is pretty easy to achieve. So assuming you buy the clears, and then tack on the time you have left over to power farm... lets say you farm 18 hours /week. That's 540g /week. Not to mention you're already cutting back on time in the long run since some of those mats can actually contribute towards your legendary armor. Where as, in WvW those 18 hours are just to get you to the final chest pip wise. You still have to do your farming outside of that, and start wracking up the mats.