Suggest ANET makes changes to inventory before steam release

I attempted to bring my guild over from another game I was playing, and every single one of them complained about how terrible the inventory size is.. I would strongly suggest that you give players x2 bank extension tabs, and 2 extra backpack slots. (before I get flak from this, I've got x8 bag slots on every character. and I believe x8 bank extensions so this would not benefit me.)

No one enjoys a game where you get loads of loot, and nowhere to put it.

The inventory is the way it is for different reasons.1) Many things can be out into the material storage that is sepparated from yout inventory2) Many things can and should be sold at vendors or the trading post3) The inventory is relatively small to incentivise players to buy expansions to the inventory.

So, not just are there way to manage your inventory, doing as you suggest would damage ANets gemstore sales.

In short, it won't happen.

As a special also: Just because the game goes to steam does not mean that changes need to be made about it. Tagging "Now that GW2 comes to steam...." to every suggestion will not make the suggestions more reasonable.

@"lokh.2695" said:The inventory is the way it is for different reasons.1) Many things can be out into the material storage that is sepparated from yout inventory2) Many things can and should be sold at vendors or the trading post3) The inventory is relatively small to incentivise players to buy expansions to the inventory.

So, not just are there way to manage your inventory, doing as you suggest would damage ANets gemstore sales.

That's just silly. The amount of soulbound items, non trade-able items, and quest/progression items alone can fill a bank 10x over. Skins, dyes, key pieces, boosters, food, utilities, etc.. A new player trying out the game is going to want to reuse what they can when they try a new character. 30 bank slots is not very much at all. A new player is going to want to try and reuse what they can, and save what they can. They're going to have to start building up their resources for crafting, which means they likely wont be selling every little thing they get on the AH. On top of that, most of the leveling up rewards cant even be sold on the AH.

If the new players "potentially" invest in the game, then they'll purchase the expansions. However, if every single aspect of the game becomes a money grab- it will only deter players.

IDK, I didn't really need to expand my bank tabs or inventory slots until about my 4th year in the game. So far I haven't bought more than two bank tabs and one additional bag slot for one character. The rest of my toons don't even have all their bags with 20 slots. And still I rarely have any issues with inventory space. I think I don't understand why anyone would store things like dyes and skins in bank/inventory when they can go to wardrobe. Or why would they keep the leveling reward stuff when it becomes useless. And why would anyone keep quest and progression items? Maybe, just maybe, it's more of a management issue than an inventory-space one...

@anninke.7469 said:IDK, I didn't really need to expand my bank tabs or inventory slots until about my 4th year in the game. So far I haven't bought more than two bank tabs and one additional bag slot for one character. The rest of my toons don't even have all their bags with 20 slots. And still I rarely have any issues with inventory space. I think I don't understand why anyone would store things like dyes and skins in bank/inventory when they can go to wardrobe. Or why would they keep the leveling reward stuff when it becomes useless. And why would anyone keep quest and progression items? Maybe, just maybe, it's more of a management issue than an inventory-space one...

I've got an entire tab of skins alone... Some of the ascended backs take multiple steps to craft, so there's a tab entirely dedicated to that. Tab for all the random world events. Tab for all ascended accessories from WvW, and Fractals. WvW tab with all siege equipment for commanding. Tab for food and utilities. I think you get the point.

some free to play MMORPGs like -- [insert random korean cash grab mmo] -- even start you with an equivalent of just 1 GW2 bagslot which is far more worse and may or may not even have material storage like GW2 has so meaning you have to fill up your bank storage with those which bloats really quick too

gw2 isnt perfect but the initial 5 bagslots (if you have both expansions, forgot how many slots f2p accounts have) is reasonable and plenty enough space if you put atleast 24slotter bags in each of them (yeah dont even have to go 32's)

@Astyrah.4015 said:some free to play MMORPGs like -- [insert random korean cash grab mmo] -- even start you with an equivalent of just 1 GW2 bagslot which is far more worse and may or may not even have material storage like GW2 has so meaning you have to fill up your bank storage with those which bloats really quick too

gw2 isnt perfect but the initial 5 bagslots (if you have both expansions, forgot how many slots f2p accounts have) is reasonable and plenty enough space if you put atleast 24slotter bags in each of them (yeah dont even have to go 32's)

Not sure if it was adjusted, but my old guild that tried out the game said it was 1 bag slot I believe.. Also, a new player isn't going to be able to afford a 24 slot bag..

@jwhite.7012 said:Also, a new player isn't going to be able to afford a 24 slot bag..

they wont be able to afford it but you can gift them one as a welcoming gift (20 slots) when they join :)

also having all expansions which makes the total free bagslots to 5 is super cheap right now on 50% off sale for what you pay for (i mean you're paying for an expansion so lots of new content, elite specs, etc. aside from the free bagslots) --- compared to buying a bagslot individually in the gemstore

and yeah the 24 slot bags was just an example. 5 x 20 slot bags is decent too and plenty of space

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@jwhite.7012 said:Also, a new player isn't going to be able to afford a 24 slot bag..

they wont be able to afford it but you can gift them one as a welcoming gift (20 slots) when they join :)

also having all expansions which makes the total free bagslots to 5 is super cheap right now on 50% off sale for what you pay for (i mean you're paying for an expansion so lots of new content, elite specs, etc. aside from the free bagslots) --- compared to buying a bagslot individually in the gemstore

and yeah the 24 slot bags was just an example. 5 x 20 slot bags is decent too and plenty of space

I bought bags for every one of them... 13g x 80. Was not a cheap gift at all.

@jwhite.7012 said:

@Astyrah.4015 said:some free to play MMORPGs like -- [insert random korean cash grab mmo] -- even start you with an equivalent of just 1 GW2 bagslot which is far more worse and may or may not even have material storage like GW2 has so meaning you have to fill up your bank storage with those which bloats really quick too

Not sure if it was adjusted, but my old guild that tried out the game said it was 1 bag slot I believe.. Also, a new player isn't going to be able to afford a 24 slot bag..

there is 4 empty ones and you get one 4 slot for level 3 character level and 1 for level 10 story.You can also buy 8 slots from the trading post for like 20-25 copper.

@jwhite.7012 said:No one enjoys a game where you get loads of loot, and nowhere to put it.

The Gem Store is ANet's no. 1 source of revenue. You can stock up to a total of 17 bank spaces, and since the game offers 32-slot bags, too, at least bag inventory really shouldn't be an issue for anyone. I actually have too much bag inventory on all of my chars these days.

If your guild doesn't find it appealing to regard this as one of the game's goals, that's too bad. I also recommend a portable merchant, which can be acquired by daily logins and via the Gem Store (or as a permanent item from Black Lion Chests/the Trading Post or Ecto gambling).

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:New players may not be able to afford 24-slot bags, but they also won't be bogged down with loads of Ascended items, Skins, Siege, etc.

The skins can be: put on at the time, some allow you to add to wardrobe, and if either of those two don't apply you can delete them. Often transmutation shards aren't required to reskin (looks at 1400 transmutation charges) and, if transmutation charges are needed, those are handed out like candy.

With a bank tab of 30 spaces, and siege stacking to 250, that's a lot of siege. I'm not sure that many players store that much.

Ascended items, though, I'm with you there!

@Hesione.9412 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:New players may not be able to afford 24-slot bags, but they also won't be bogged down with loads of Ascended items, Skins, Siege, etc.

The skins can be: put on at the time, some allow you to add to wardrobe, and if either of those two don't apply you can delete them. Often transmutation shards aren't required to reskin (looks at 1400 transmutation charges) and, if transmutation charges are needed, those are handed out like candy.

With a bank tab of 30 spaces, and siege stacking to 250, that's a lot of siege. I'm not sure that many players store that much.

pure pve players dont get transmutation charges like candy fyi its mainly handed out in spvp and wvw I belive.

@Linken.6345 said:

pure pve players dont get transmutation charges like candy fyi its mainly handed out in spvp and wvw I belive.

this. also tomes of knowledge, while your typical pvp and wvw players would be swimming in them, pure pve players (especially new people, those within 1 to 2 weeks of play time) barely have any

@Linken.6345 said:

If we are talking new players only, how many of them will have loads of skins and siege?

@Astyrah.4015 said:

this. also tomes of knowledge, while your typical pvp and wvw players would be swimming in them, pure pve players (especially new people, those within 1 to 2 weeks of play time) barely have any

Then they also won't have anything like an entire bank tab of siege. Or skins.

Relax... the Steam marketing stunt is just to increase sales before the end. Amazon will release a new MMO in spring, and it will have battlegrounds and GvG (things that have been asked here since release 8 years ago). The end is nigh around here, while waiting for an expansion with dragons.

I also have about 500 Tomes of Knowledge. They will remain in bank forever, as a memory of a boring PvP experience with toxicity and random players. Show must go on, as Queen sang about it.

be glad you GW2 doesnt have the inventory system BDO does, that's what you call a total money grab

though not perfect, GW2 already got the best inventory system integration of any MMO on the market, no need to change anything

if there's anything I want Anet to change, is increase material storage to 5000

@"jwhite.7012" said:That's just silly. The amount of soulbound items, non trade-able items, and quest/progression items alone can fill a bank 10x over. Skins, dyes, key pieces, boosters, food, utilities, etc.. A new player trying out the game is going to want to reuse what they can when they try a new character. 30 bank slots is not very much at all. A new player is going to want to try and reuse what they can, and save what they can. They're going to have to start building up their resources for crafting, which means they likely wont be selling every little thing they get on the AH. On top of that, most of the leveling up rewards cant even be sold on the AH.

If the new players "potentially" invest in the game, then they'll purchase the expansions. However, if every single aspect of the game becomes a money grab- it will only deter players.

There's really no point keeping skins in inventory once it's unlocked in wardrobe, Transmutation charges are extremely abundant

Except for stats selectable exotic armor boxes that helps you quickly gears a new 80 to preferred build, like ones you get from WvW/PvP pips, anything under Ascendant stats is basically not worth keeping and should be salvaged for ectos when no longer gonna use it

The number one priority for a new player is more likely get the gold to buy the materials to get crafting to 500, and make their first ascended gears set

boosts are mainly just for WvW use, so just create a dedicated WvW toon and dump the boosters there'

the stuffs you get from levelling are simply helping you get to level 80, you can combine 4 of the same quality in mystic toilet

new players invested in the game? how about all the 10s of thousands of players already invested? you are gonna tell them all the upgrades you bought are no longer relevant?

Guild bank is a community bank, meant to have everyone in your guild to build it up; unless you a gold barron

calling GW2 a money grab is highly overly stated, GW2's gemstore is significantly cheaper than other MMOs on the market; except for the build and weapon template templates, but they are more targeting long time experienced players who have gazillion gold

I had over 20k gems prepped for the anniversary sales just purely playing the game, the amount of gold you get from just playing the game is ridiculousI don't go farm maps like SW or raids, the only thing I do religiously every day is VB, AB, TD, Tequatl, KQ, Pinata, the 3 easy strikes, 1 sPvP win, all WvW dailies in the 3-4 hours I'm on everyday.JLxPaeQ.pngThe only time I swiped my credit card for the last 3 years is during wintersday for 8000 gems, to show my support for the game

@crepuscular.9047 said:be glad you GW2 doesnt have the inventory system BDO does, that's what you call a total money grab

though not perfect, GW2 already got the best inventory system integration of any MMO on the market, no need to change anything

if there's anything I want Anet to change, is increase material storage to 5000

yeah gw2's inventory system (with all expansions, giving you 5 bagslots) imo is almost subscription-mmo like if you put like 32 slot bags in each one it's enough space for all the content the game offers (with occasional trips to the storage bank whenever you're down to < 15 item slots left)

now a newbie might see it on a friend's (or a streamer's) screen and find that expensive initially but it may be something they'll want to work for once they buy PoF (which they usually would if they get interested/hooked in the game... and yes there are other things that can hook or turn off people from investing into gw2 besides bag slots)

@jwhite.7012 said:

@anninke.7469 said:IDK, I didn't really need to expand my bank tabs or inventory slots until about my 4th year in the game. So far I haven't bought more than two bank tabs and one additional bag slot for one character. The rest of my toons don't even have all their bags with 20 slots. And still I rarely have any issues with inventory space. I think I don't understand why anyone would store things like dyes and skins in bank/inventory when they can go to wardrobe. Or why would they keep the leveling reward stuff when it becomes useless. And why would anyone keep quest and progression items? Maybe, just maybe, it's more of a management issue than an inventory-space one...

I've got an entire tab of skins alone... Some of the ascended backs take multiple steps to craft, so there's a tab entirely dedicated to that. Tab for all the random world events. Tab for all ascended accessories from WvW, and Fractals. WvW tab with all siege equipment for commanding. Tab for food and utilities. I think you get the point.

I had an entire bank tab of skins and another one of ascended rings that I both collected over the years.

I then realized that I already had enough transmutation charges and destroyed all my skins (all the ones, that I did not want to sell) because if I wanted to use a skin, I could just use a transmutation charge. I sometimes change skins, but over the months I still get more transmutation charges than I actually use. So I lost practically nothing when I deleted the skins.

And for the ascended rings: I just keep the most needed stats (berserker, marauder, ...) and everything else I salvage. And if I need some rare stat that I do not have, I just buy one with season 3 currency.

If a player is a hoarder, there will never be enough inventory/bank space. B)

I think you get the point. ;)

@Alin.2468 said:Relax... the Steam marketing stunt is just to increase sales before the end. Amazon will release a new MMO in spring, and it will have battlegrounds and GvG (things that have been asked here since release 8 years ago).

You mean the Amazon pvp-only game that had a release date a year ago, and then shortly before the release Amazon decided to change it into a PvE game and announced a release date of summer 2020, and this summer they realized that they do not have a lot of PvE content and announced a release in next year? The game that will probably be a prime example of that you can create a bad game with a lot of money?

The end is nigh around here, while waiting for an expansion with dragons.

End of the world predicted. Film at 11.

this sounds more like a serious inventory management issues then anet beeing stingyi bought my first bank expansion almost 2 years ago, my first material expansion 2 months befor that, and i'm hording all ascended weapons/armor/boxes i drop, even my mule isnt even half full, and she only got 15er bags

@Alin.2468 said:Relax... the Steam marketing stunt is just to increase sales before the end. Amazon will release a new MMO in spring, and it will have battlegrounds and GvG (things that have been asked here since release 8 years ago). The end is nigh around here, while waiting for an expansion with dragons.

I also have about 500 Tomes of Knowledge. They will remain in bank forever, as a memory of a boring PvP experience with toxicity and random players. Show must go on, as Queen sang about it.

ok doomer

@Alin.2468 said:Relax... the Steam marketing stunt is just to increase sales before the end. Amazon will release a new MMO in spring, and it will have battlegrounds and GvG (things that have been asked here since release 8 years ago). The end is nigh around here, while waiting for an expansion with dragons.

Which MMO have you played that had no toxicity in the PvP mode? I have played a lot of titles and cannot ever recall seeing one without toxic PvPers.