Queen Nadijeh: impossible achievement for colorblind players

So there are really two problems with this achievement. During PoF "Hallowed Ground" there is an achievement for killing the real Nadijeh during her illusions phase. The two problems that make this achievement almost impossible are:

1. Rytlock, Canach, Kasmeer will attack which ever illusion they please and will kill them causing you to lose the achievement if you are not fast enough to kill the "real" illusion first.
  2. The only way to tell the illusions apart (or so I've been told) is by color. For a person who is somewhat colorblind, these illusions all look white to me. Others with my issue will have no way of telling the illusions apart. Period.

I've tested this instance 3 times over and have clicked on each illusion during the fight. Someone said the real illusion will have a buff on it, but I did not see a buff on any of them at any phase during the fight. Anet, it would be nice if you could tweak this fight to where perhaps:

1. Your NPC companions cannot hurt the illusions/when they kill an illusion it doesn't count
  2. Add an extra hint to which illusion might be the "real" Nadijeh so colorblind players can tell. Could be a buff perhaps? Please.

That's all. I'm not a completionist, so I don't need this achievement, but it does seem a little unfair that the only way to tell the real Nadijeh from her illusions is by "slightly different color".

If anyone else also has this problem but has found a way around it, I would love to hear it.~PC

Unless my memory is absolutely horrible, you can look at the healthbar picture as well; the real one has a slightly different portait than the rest. Its been long enough now that I cant say with certainty whats different*, but it was very easy to spot once I found it the first time. I went the whole fight spamming tab and looking at portraits, then jamming my dash skill the moment I saw a difference (in my case guardian greatsword 3), which brought me right to her; made it ridulously easy every time.

*I think it might have been the presence or absence of a circlet(?)

Honestly didn't even know she got a change, I just hit whatever was in reach and somehow got it first try while soloing the story, so it's most certainly possible.That said, I see how annoying it can be, don't know if the tells are big enough or not so can't really say if a change is needed. A help might be to do it with a friend or two, best of luck.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:The NPC's actually manage to kill something? That is news.

I'm sorry for the frustration, OP. I hope the advice provided above helps.

Absolutely - in mine the npcs killed the second twin whilst I was still looking at the differences the first time she split. They killed the wrong one in under 20 seconds

Wow, I had no idea there was any "tell" at all. I play too zoomed out to see little things like a collar or tiny color difference. My way of doing it was to avoid hitting any enemies until there was only one left (typically it was the one with a full health bar), then go all out on the last one. I didn't realize the NPC's could potentially kill the real target. I did the first fight twice that way, since the first time through the instance the boss you kite got stuck inside a rock and I had to restart, and the second illusion fight worked the same way.

Guess I got lucky.

@maddoctor.2738 said:For Nadijeh she gets a white symbol on her chest when is the real one:http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/gw2-path-of-fire-act-2-story-achievements-guide-5.jpg

This one seems to be color-independent. Can the OP confirm (for their own type of colorblindness)?

It's Dahlah that is a color change, real one is black, fake is brown:http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/gw2-path-of-fire-act-2-story-achievements-guide-6.jpg

On the (ahem) face of it, this doesn't seem to be color-dependent (black vs brown), however, browns can be made up of colors invisible (or muffled) to the colorblind. So again, can OP see the difference here?

@Donari.5237 said:Wow, I had no idea there was any "tell" at all. I play too zoomed out to see little things like a collar or tiny color difference. My way of doing it was to avoid hitting any enemies until there was only one left (typically it was the one with a full health bar), then go all out on the last one. I didn't realize the NPC's could potentially kill the real target. I did the first fight twice that way, since the first time through the instance the boss you kite got stuck inside a rock and I had to restart, and the second illusion fight worked the same way.

Guess I got lucky.

I wonder if the NPCs can kill any of them so long as you don't do any damage to them (if you do damage, you'd get kill credit and it would count against you).

In other words, perhaps @Donari.5237's method would work for everyone having trouble doing this chieve, including those trying to solo.

Archived