We won't reach T5 rewards!

Raizel.1839

@Tuco.2419 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:I'm sure some people will say it only proves this one is real and the rest could have been fake, but it seems unlikely Anet would guarentee a random bonus event succeeds and then let the one that's part of the story fail.

Maybe they wanted it to fail as a part of the story.

This would be fun. They could adjust the next chapter to kill off one ore more of the supporting characters.

Crecia Stoneglow's dying words: "Commander, if only you had done more than defend Gendarran fields a mere 12 times and had gotten your Volcanic Stormcaller Armaments Collector mastery point!"

Replace Crecia with Taimi and yes do this please

@"Healix.5819" said:

Is this for real or some sick joke? There are no new DRMs and no patch today (unless it is late ... maybe?!) and no new "community event" for this week?Yes, it seems that we failed to reach tier 5 and the story wont progress. Well, maybe they lock later into it or maybe they are to busy with something else.It would have only been a week early if reaching T5 was going to affect it. Next week is the usual release cycle.They did promise WEEKLY new content. Since it didn't come Tuesday and we are close as Thanksgiving, I assume that they fail to deliver.

We can discussed if weekly new content is good (remember LS1 with two weekly new content), but it just seems that they did screw up already with new content coming only when we reach tier 5, but making it unable to reach tier 5 now. (I assume that this is happening right now.)

Personally I would find it okay if they slowly increase the release. Maybe one more story, one mastery and two DRM (yes, I know that many got tired of them already), maybe a few more achievements and most would be okay with it.

@wickedkae.4980 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:I'm sure some people will say it only proves this one is real and the rest could have been fake, but it seems unlikely Anet would guarentee a random bonus event succeeds and then let the one that's part of the story fail.

Maybe they wanted it to fail as a part of the story.

This would be fun. They could adjust the next chapter to kill off one ore more of the supporting characters.

Crecia Stoneglow's dying words: "Commander, if only you had done more than defend Gendarran fields a mere 12 times and had gotten your Volcanic Stormcaller Armaments Collector mastery point!"

Replace Crecia with Taimi and yes do this please

Why would Taimi defend Gendarran fields she is busy in metrica province.

@BadHealer.3608 said:

@"Healix.5819" said:

Is this for real or some sick joke? There are no new DRMs and no patch today (unless it is late ... maybe?!) and no new "community event" for this week?Yes, it seems that we failed to reach tier 5 and the story wont progress. Well, maybe they lock later into it or maybe they are to busy with something else.It would have only been a week early if reaching T5 was going to affect it. Next week is the usual release cycle.They did promise WEEKLY new content. Since it didn't come Tuesday and we are close as Thanksgiving, I assume that they fail to deliver.

We can discussed if weekly new content is good (remember LS1 with two weekly new content), but it just seems that they did screw up already with new content coming only when we reach tier 5, but making it unable to reach tier 5 now. (I assume that this is happening right now.)

Personally I would find it okay if they slowly increase the release. Maybe one more story, one mastery and two DRM (yes, I know that many got tired of them already), maybe a few more achievements and most would be okay with it.

I don't believe the Devs 'promised' weekly updates.This does not mean 'weekly':In the weeks between releases, each chapter will continue to evolve with new content and ways to play.

'Weeks' means any time between releases, i.e. sometime in the weeks between the release in November and the release in January.We've rarely, if ever, received any kind of update less than two weeks apart.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Healix.5819" said:

I don't believe the Devs 'promised' weekly updates.This does not mean 'weekly':
In the weeks between releases, each chapter will continue to evolve with new content and ways to play.

'Weeks' means any time between releases, i.e. sometime in the weeks between the release in November and the release in January.We've rarely, if ever, received any kind of update less than two weeks apart.

We never got 1/4 of an episode before either.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Healix.5819" said:

In the weeks between releases, each chapter will continue to evolve with new content and ways to play.

Things like this is, IMO, one of the reasons why they don't engage with us on the forums. "Promises" taken out of context and self-made expectations not being met and then being blasted for it. /shrug

@BadHealer.3608 said:

@"Healix.5819" said:

Is this for real or some sick joke? There are no new DRMs and no patch today (unless it is late ... maybe?!) and no new "community event" for this week?Yes, it seems that we failed to reach tier 5 and the story wont progress. Well, maybe they lock later into it or maybe they are to busy with something else.It would have only been a week early if reaching T5 was going to affect it. Next week is the usual release cycle.They did promise WEEKLY new content

At no point did any promise get made, esp one about weekly content. Such misinformation is not helpful in encouraging better dev-community relations

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Healix.5819" said:

Things like this is, IMO, one of the reasons why they don't engage with us on the forums.

Things like this, IMO, only happen because they don't really engage with us on the forums.

they didn't say it was each new week, but they said weeks between content, then they droppe dthe smallest story update ever, AND a 1 week timer. it does 't take a genius to see why most people on the forums, the game, reddit and discord were left hanging wondering what happened.

@Zok.4956 said:

@"Healix.5819" said:

Things like this is, IMO, one of the reasons why they don't engage with us on the forums.

Things like this, IMO, only happen because they don't really engage with us on the forums.

Yeah, some clear communication and actual engagement with the community could enable them to clear up these misunderstandings and miscommunications and to manage expectations. However, they repeatedly choose not to communicate with us so I can only assume they're OK with this situation.

Perhaps the upcoming IBS plans are just as bad as some people are saying and so they're saying nothing to avoid having to admit just that. After all, someone who hangs around because they hope something better is coming is probably more likely to buy the next expansion than someone who stops playing right now.

@Hesione.9412 said:Coming to GW2 from WoW cataclysm, I hated that expansion because of what it did to some of the maps. We've already gone through major map changes in places like LA, and I find the maps less interesting after the change (e.g. the original LA was great with all the x,y,z paths, now it's pretty much one flat map).

Don't forget they scrapped 2 whole raids out of pure laziness, giving us only half a tier at a time for most of that expac. (World of Fashion was a good move, but LFR was a disaster)

And it feels exactly the same with this current patch - all the maps scrapped (the ones that had datamined slots in the portal tome), but only giving us a quarter of an episode for the rest of this LW. (only difference is we know it's mostly down to a new expac in the works)

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Healix.5819" said:

Things like this is, IMO, one of the reasons why they don't engage with us on the forums. "Promises" taken out of context and self-made expectations not being met and then being blasted for it. /shrug

Well it could mean every week every other week or third week.

They could have been crystal clear and said when champions part 1 released that 2 weeks from now we will have to second content drop and end of this episode.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Healix.5819" said:

Well it could mean every week every other week or third week.

They could have been crystal clear and said when champions part 1 released that 2 weeks from now we will have to second content drop and end of this episode.

I agree, but with the track record if they actually made a statement like that and then failed to hit the mark, the backlash would have been brutal. As it usually is.

@"Linken.6345" said:They could have been crystal clear and said when champions part 1 released that 2 weeks from now we will have to second content drop and end of this episode.It would even help if they are saying something like "next part will come in a few weeks or so". But having a quest active AND having a countdown was implying that something will happen especially since they told us that there will be content update in the weeks between patches.

It is quite human to expect if someone counts down to 0 to expect something happens at 0 and not in a few weeks/months.

@Zok.4956 said:

@"Healix.5819" said:

No, things like this happen because the in game communication sucks. Not everyone comes on the forums. I had no idea anything was going on for over 3 days.. and I'm a relatively active player.

All I got was an in game mail saying "here is something.. visit the Eye of the North". Days later when I finally went I still had no idea what to do or what was going on. I will admit that I have always had issues with how the game lets people know what to do. I should never have to go research something to figure out how to do it. Maybe I'm alone in thinking that.

@Slyde.3961 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@"Healix.5819" said:

No, things like this happen because the in game communication sucks.

Yes, the in-game communication was very bad.

Not everyone comes on the forums.

Agreed. But this part of the discussion, was about "engaging with us on the forums" ;-)

@Slyde.3961 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@"Healix.5819" said:

No, things like this happen because the in game communication sucks. Not everyone comes on the forums. I had no idea anything was going on for over 3 days.. and I'm a relatively active player.

All I got was an in game mail saying "here is something.. visit the Eye of the North". Days later when I finally went I still had no idea what to do or what was going on. I will admit that I have always had issues with how the game lets people know what to do. I should never have to go research something to figure out how to do it. Maybe I'm alone in thinking that.I didnt even know of any event at all, lol (outside the actual LS release of course, but I usually do them on the weekends). I've done the story now and I
still
have no idea what's going on. The story mission lady whatever just say talk to some quartermasters and I have no idea who the kitten that is or what the kitten I'm supposed to do, the DRMs are nice I guess but they keep repeating something about bronze challenges that's always 0 and I have no idea how the kitten to proceed with that because the game doesnt explain much on what's supposed to be the end goal with that content. This just makes me care nothing about it and I'm already bored after 2 public runs on each DRM.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@"Healix.5819" said:

All I got was an in game mail saying "here is something.. visit the Eye of the North". Days later when I finally went I still had no idea what to do or what was going on. I will admit that I have always had issues with how the game lets people know what to do. I should never have to go research something to figure out how to do it. Maybe I'm alone in thinking that.I didnt even know of any event at all, lol (outside the actual LS release of course, but I usually do them on the weekends). I've done the story now and I
still
have no idea what's going on. The story mission lady whatever just say talk to some quartermasters and I have no idea who the kitten that is or what the kitten I'm supposed to do, the DRMs are nice I guess but they keep repeating something about bronze challenges that's always 0 and I have no idea how the kitten to proceed with that because the game doesnt explain much on what's supposed to be the end goal with that content. This just makes me care nothing about it and I'm already bored after 2 public runs on each DRM.

You need to enter private party 1-5 and do all 3 challenges for 3/3 and gold mark instead of bronze.

Can be hard as solo if your unfamiliar with your class and cant bring the hurt tho.