We won't reach T5 rewards!

Raizel.1839

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:I think Anet forgot that many held back playing Drizzlewood stories as well due to the no Voice Acting thing. All these players are playing this before doing Champions. For the rest, it ain't really farmable (1x a day thing as you need its currencies which only drop from dailies) and they may have set the bar too high as well. This all excluding the "its utterly boring and one can spend his/her time more fun in the same game" bit.

I'm one of those players who waited. My non-guild related activities in the game were getting the story done, as well as chasing some achievements from previous episodes. My motivation was to unlock the mastery tracks, as I still do the DWC meta every day or so, and I wanted the xp to count towards masteries. I did the Rata Sum event and it wasn't particularly interesting for me.

Coming to GW2 from WoW cataclysm, I hated that expansion because of what it did to some of the maps. We've already gone through major map changes in places like LA, and I find the maps less interesting after the change (e.g. the original LA was great with all the x,y,z paths, now it's pretty much one flat map).

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Where do you pick up the rewards? Ive not seen them anywere

You need to spend 5 bloom marks for recipes/karma bottle or 6 for 3 boxes to be able to get rewards from the little asuran tho.

Really? I didn't do that, and got the Bonus Rewards.

You bought nothing for bloom marks and got rewared?My guildies last night had to buy stuff to get the 3 boxes.EditI had to buy before the Asura gave me the t1 but dident have to buy for t2 or t3

There is no unique reward or something even half decent in the final tier. Of course the community didn't reach it.

The story isn't going to change regardless of the end result. This system is designed to make it seem like community participation matters. The design of how this chapter works is not really exciting in terms of rewards. I just like that the instances can be done solo, with a premade party and that it can be done without needing some limited time event to happen.

Content designed around self reliant progression is what Anet is best at.

Anet is NOT good at game wide events.

Well another notion to this is that people might be holding on their crystals and defense markers for something new when chapter 1 progresses. Wouldn't be first time that Anet brings something new which uses previous currencies and then you need to grind more.

And what comes to rewards, well kinda meh. Yet again banners, banners, banners. We need new song.

Anet: Here are the rewards you will get if you do NN amount of missions to help mobilize!Player: But it's boring... but I guess I can play them to get my rewards.Anet: Oh, but it's a community effort, you all have to grind these boring missions to achieve all the rewards.Player: ...

So even if I convince myself to go through this, it won't be enough because I must rely on a lot of other players to also go against their own good judgment and play this boring content?!

Completely failed on this one, Anet.Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the 3 missions were varied and good, but they're all boring rinse and repeat spanking of various destroyer tanks/sponges, and occasionally a respawn race as the only way you manage to halt progress in the mission is by popping a fissure amidst a barrage of meteors and projectile-launching destroyer fiends... I think perma-evade thieves are the only ones who can avoid all the damage you choose to dish out.

My opinion is we didn't reach tier 5 because:1) Running the same three missions over...and over...and over...gets bland2) The rewards for completing tiers are lackluster. There isn't even a mini or tonic in the final reward chest. You supplies you contribute is worth more than the items in the reward chests so why bother?

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Anet is NOT good at game wide events.

I'm not sure I agree with this as a blanket statement. I agree this one has been poorly thoguht out and anyone who has been in the game since post LS2 will remember the catastrophic Modrem Invasion.

However, they have had plenty of successes too. The Boss Rush and Fractal Rush worked just fine. They encouraged pretty decent levels participation and there wasn't a huge amount of genuine criticism levied against them. We also have the Kiel/Knashblade vote from LS1. Now I know LS1 was pretty bad, but this was a well received event for the most part. Sure there were conspiracy theories about it being rigged towards which fractal we'd end up with, but ultimately it engaged the community probably more than any other event did.

So to say Anet is not good is simply incorrect, but they are inconsistent due to a lack of foresight about what could go wrong and being more and more out of tune with their community due to their desire to keep as far distant from engaging with us as they can

@Healix.5819 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:I'm sure some people will say it only proves this one is real and the rest could have been fake, but it seems unlikely Anet would guarentee a random bonus event succeeds and then let the one that's part of the story fail.

Maybe they wanted it to fail as a part of the story.

This would be fun. They could adjust the next chapter to kill off one ore more of the supporting characters.

Crecia Stoneglow's dying words: "Commander, if only you had done more than defend Gendarran fields a mere 12 times and had gotten your Volcanic Stormcaller Armaments Collector mastery point!"

@Dondarrion.2748 said:Anet: Here are the rewards you will get if you do NN amount of missions to help mobilize!Player: But it's boring... but I guess I can play them to get my rewards.Anet: Oh, but it's a community effort, you all have to grind these boring missions to achieve all the rewards.Player: ...

So even if I convince myself to go through this, it won't be enough because I must rely on a lot of other players to also go against their own good judgment and play this boring content?!

Completely failed on this one, Anet.Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the 3 missions were varied and good, but they're all boring rinse and repeat spanking of various destroyer tanks/sponges, and occasionally a respawn race as the only way you manage to halt progress in the mission is by popping a fissure amidst a barrage of meteors and projectile-launching destroyer fiends... I think perma-evade thieves are the only ones who can avoid all the damage you choose to dish out.

I don't get why these destroyers couldn't getting a face lift. Even a minor one...darker orange and a few spikes like SOMETHING don't just phone it in.

@"Adzekul.3104" said:Is this for real or some sick joke? There are no new DRMs and no patch today (unless it is late ... maybe?!) and no new "community event" for this week?Yes, it seems that we failed to reach tier 5 and the story wont progress. Well, maybe they lock later into it or maybe they are to busy with something else.

@BadHealer.3608 said:

@"Adzekul.3104" said:Is this for real or some sick joke? There are no new DRMs and no patch today (unless it is late ... maybe?!) and no new "community event" for this week?Yes, it seems that we failed to reach tier 5 and the story wont progress. Well, maybe they lock later into it or maybe they are to busy with something else.

It would have only been a week early if reaching T5 was going to affect it. Next week is the usual release cycle.

@"Raizel.1839" said:Looking at the recent trend of advancing the tiers of current event Mobilizing Allies (takes ~2 days to advance 1 Tier), we wont reach T5 by the end of the event (3 days from now), we'll reach T3 at most.Was it our fault for not playing new content enough or was it Anet's for putting Tier's thresholds too high?

Edit: I didn't create this because I was sad we could not get every reward, I couldn't care less (I already knew they are trash, as someone pointed out), I created this thread only to discuss the fact I stated above, because it feels strange that we aren't able to reach every community goal, it never happened in the past.

What about the 3rd option as in: "Dragon Response Mission replayability is not that rewarding and not that fun IMO?" so this is basically not about anet putting tier threshold too high but it's about they create something that players doesn't even bother to grind. I think this is the first time community reward fail.

There is still a lot of issues with DRM I think there is thread talked about it already you can peek there.

@Randulf.7614 said:

I'm not sure I agree with this as a blanket statement. I agree this one has been poorly thoguht out and anyone who has been in the game since post LS2 will remember the catastrophic Modrem Invasion.

However, they have had plenty of successes too. The Boss Rush and Fractal Rush worked just fine. They encouraged pretty decent levels participation and there wasn't a huge amount of genuine criticism levied against them. We also have the Kiel/Knashblade vote from LS1. Now I know LS1 was pretty bad, but this was a well received event for the most part. Sure there were conspiracy theories about it being rigged towards which fractal we'd end up with, but ultimately it engaged the community probably more than any other event did.

So to say Anet is not good is simply incorrect, but they are inconsistent due to a lack of foresight about what could go wrong and being more and more out of tune with their community due to their desire to keep as far distant from engaging with us as they can

The boss rush took several failed attempts and ended up being uninteresting. People do WB regularly anyways so of course it would be completed without any extra input from the community. Fractal Rush was the same in terms of going to be completed regardless since people do fractals regularly, and finally broke their record of botched executions. It even had good rewards.

You might not agree with my statement. But the numbers don't lie.

@"Adzekul.3104" said:Is this for real or some sick joke? There are no new DRMs and no patch today (unless it is late ... maybe?!) and no new "community event" for this week?

I am not cool with the dead game memes, but this feels like the game is being abandoned.

Well, you know they are working on End of Dragons xpac so the game is far from abandoned. But yeah, this weak LS update needed a weekly update to missions or community event or some such to improve on this first week's weak effort.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

The boss rush took several failed attempts and ended up being uninteresting. People do WB regularly anyways so of course it would be completed without any extra input from the community. Fractal Rush was the same in terms of going to be completed regardless since people do fractals regularly, and finally broke their record of botched executions. It even had good rewards.

You might not agree with my statement. But the numbers don't lie.

What numbers?

Anet have never actually put numbers to any of these things, just a bar which updates periodically. We have no idea how many world bosses or Fractals or DRMs it takes to complete 1 tier, or if it's the same for all of them. We don't know if they set up the Fractal rush and boss rush to complete even if no one went out of their way to join in and it was just the normal level of activity those things normally get, or if they set it so twice as many players had to join in as usual.

Although that does make me think Anet were at a big disadvantage with the DRMs because it's brand new content which hadn't been in the game before and not really comparable to anything which already existed. I mean they're basically dynamic event chains, but the fact that they're instanced and you have to deliberately enter them means participation isn't really comparable, and while they remind me of most Season 1 activities they lack the incentive that they'll be removed in 2 weeks so you have to do them ASAP or forget about ever doing them. (Plus it's been a long time since Season 1 and I'm not sure that model was ever that popular.) I'm not sure what they could use to gauge how many players would do this in the first week, or how many times they'd repeat it.

I know they never will but I'd love them to actually share the numbers with us, give us some idea of what they were expecting and what we actually got. But I suspect the nearest we can hope for is a data point in an infographic around the time EoD comes out telling us how many DRMs have been completed in total by that date.