New mount [suggestion]

Zahld.4956

Ground digging mounts.Can dig into new areas of maps.Can dig for hidden things.Multiple mounts to increase entry size.Entry holes could close up after a length of time.Multiple tunnels could lead to multiple gameplay mechanics etc.Maybe some strange quanti tunneling abilities.

Honestly this actually feels a bit close to the jackal in functionality if you ask me. It basically already has that ground/sand theme, shifting into portals which is functionally similar to digging about. The only thing missing would be the whole "digging things" mechanic but I feel like that's probably either going to be really useless or really broken, and kind of dabbles really close to the Nuhoch detection from HoT which can fullfill the same function.

It would require an overhaul of the game engine and maps. The original Red Faction had a geo-mod engine that allowed players do that. It's safe to say that this isn't going to happen.

I really don't think we need much in the way of new mounts. I'd rather see new abilities; such as skyscale diving for fish to a limited depth then coming out of the water flying like diving birds.

Raptor getting a speed/jump boost from eating flying non-threatening insects anywhere.

Springers getting a bounding power/speed boost when crossing over a veggie node (without player getting a harvest) with extra jump height to match skyscale's vertical range.

The griffon able to use updrafts but depending on how fast it's moving. Slow flight acting like gliding lift and fast flight would be a minor bump in altitude limited to how long it's in the updraft. However if the fast moving griffon hits the updrafts and pulls up, it would fly vertically out of the updraft column.

Warclaw in PvE only could get a climbing skill for inclined surfaces since it's a cat and the ability to long jump to ledges, pulling itself up. Make it a target the player has to position to jump at, not a raptor style jump.

Roller beetle able to move across water but slowing to a non-mounted character running speed while bobbling on the water. To cover those short water gaps better.

@Zahld.4956 said:There would only be designated areas that would allow for digging so older maps would need some modifications.

So basically the beetle-breakable walls in the ground instead of the walls. Seems like a lot of work for little-to-no payoff on a very limited mechanic. I'm not a fan of this idea.I also agree with people saying that we probably already have enough mounts in the game -IF they want to add something to the mounts, I'd rather see it in the form of skills/masteries like they recently did.

• Confused 1

Actually, I rather like this idea. As a sort-of cross between Nuhoch Wallows and the Jackal's Sand Warp, it could operate as specific point-to-point transport, as well as opening up access to completely new areas (teleporting to a different "underground" map rather than a section of the current one.)

I would propose it be an Advanced Ability (like the Skimmer's Dive) or Advanced Mastery (like the Griffon's Aerial Prowess) rather than a new mount, but either way works.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:I don't get that comment. Mounts by their very nature alter the game. How could a spider mount be useful otherwise?

for one, it doesn't need a complete overhaul of the game just to get it working like the OP mount.....

Yeah, it kinda would. Otherwise the best that could be done is end a handful of spots in new maps that can be dug into, similar to the few locations with walls that the roller-beetle can smash through. And at least the roller-beetle has functionality far beyond said wall smashing.