Make Shadow Abyss Pure Black for every dyeable item.

@whoknocks.4935 said:Shadow Abyss is the purest and darkest black color in the game, but on certain items just look white/grey-ish.

In particular on WvW / PvP Chest Tentacles, and lot of backpacks wings and capes.Why does it look so dim instead of being intense pure?Why can't we have black tentacles?

That is true for many different dye colors, which look widely different based on what you use it on. I wish it was based on the material, so that it would atleast be consistent, but it isn't.

Try abyssal sea dye. It can be used in place of shadow abyss on some channels that require a deep black and it won't show that gray textured look. However, it does have hints of teal that are a little bit more pronounced than the reds that sometimes show with shadow abyss.

Why do dyes change from one channel to the next? I don't really know. But I love the variation it creates!

The problem is that not only do dyes vary according to the material (cloth, metal, leather) they’re put on but it also matters which race it is.

Also, each race has a cultural palette that reflects the character of the species. This means a red color for a human may not look the same as a red color for a norn or charr. [source]

Possibly Shadow Abyss could be redesigned so that it’s the same for each material and each race but I think it’s more likely that they’d add another dye that dyes black in places where Shadow Abyss dyes gray.

Devs, the imo blackest dye isnt black enough! Make it blacker!

Alternatively, the whitest white isn't white enough! Make it whiter!

Why do I have the feeling these requests always seem so ridiculous.

You might as well buy a different monitor where black pixels are more truly black then cheaper monitors where they are one gradient off of "true black".

@"FrizzFreston.5290" said:Devs, the imo blackest dye isnt black enough! Make it blacker!

Alternatively, the whitest white isn't white enough! Make it whiter!

Why do I have the feeling these requests always seem so ridiculous.

You might as well buy a different monitor where black pixels are more truly black then cheaper monitors where they are one gradient off of "true black".

Yet, the problem with all dyes is, that the material of the armour pieces display the colours different.Arenanet hasn't yet created a "black" that is absolute black on all surfaces.Some people just want to be perfectly black, instead of some hue of very dark grey.

Do guild wars dyes have RGB ratings? OP is asking for a black that's blacker than Shadow Abyss (which I think would be pretty cool RGB: 0, 0, 0? Or is that too extreme?) but I don't really even know what Shadow Abyss is. Is Shadow Abyss RGB: 25, 25, 25? Is there a way to find out?

@"XYLO.7031" said:Do guild wars dyes have RGB ratings? OP is asking for a black that's blacker than Shadow Abyss (which I think would be pretty cool RGB: 0, 0, 0? Or is that too extreme?) but I don't really even know what Shadow Abyss is. Is Shadow Abyss RGB: 25, 25, 25? Is there a way to find out?

If I’m reading this chart right it’s 0,0,0

[Kulinda’s GW2 Dyes]

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"XYLO.7031" said:Do guild wars dyes have RGB ratings? OP is asking for a black that's blacker than Shadow Abyss (which I think would be pretty cool RGB: 0, 0, 0? Or is that too extreme?) but I don't really even know what Shadow Abyss is. Is Shadow Abyss RGB: 25, 25, 25? Is there a way to find out?

If I’m reading this chart right it’s 0,0,0

Thanks for the link! Is it even possible to be blacker than 0, 0, 0?

@Solanum.6983 said:I don't think they should change any exisiting dyes. People bought them for how they look in game now. I do think they could release a reverse permafrost dye though that is all black.

That's exactly what I was going to say.

I like shadow abyss as it is, especially the fact that if you apply it to effects like glow or smoke it usually makes them much harder to see (sometimes almost invisible) rather than simply turning them black and that's very useful for me. I'm concerned that if it was changed some of the ways I currently use it would be ruined.

But maybe they could add a kind of 'reverse permafrost' which just overwhelms all other factors and makes whatever it's applied to entirely black. I suspect that, like permafrost, it's something I'd only use occasionally and mainly for small details, but it could be useful.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Solanum.6983 said:I don't think they should change any exisiting dyes. People bought them for how they look in game now. I do think they could release a reverse permafrost dye though that is all black.

That's exactly what I was going to say.

I like shadow abyss as it is, especially the fact that if you apply it to effects like glow or smoke it usually makes them much harder to see (sometimes almost invisible) rather than simply turning them black and that's very useful for me. I'm concerned that if it was changed some of the ways I currently use it would be ruined.

But maybe they could add a kind of 'reverse permafrost' which just overwhelms all other factors and makes whatever it's applied to entirely black. I suspect that, like permafrost, it's something I'd only use occasionally and mainly for small details, but it could be useful.

I know what you mean, but i would love to have chest pvp/wvw tentacles full black, I love making dark full black characters and seeing those white-ish grey-ish tentacles with shadow abyss cringe me a lot... While Permafrost or other intense dyes works perfectly.