Q for people who bought mount skins

notebene.3190

It is super hard to hide on the Springer. There's no reason to hide it on the Skimmer, it looks like natural markings. It can blend nicely on the Raptor, though also it looks like scale markings more than painted bones depending on how subtly you mix the hues. It breaks up enough on the Jackal that you only see it as bone markings if you have something way brighter than the hide color. And the Griffon, ooooh my. If you make the skeleton darker and use rich glossy hues like Cyanide or mid to dark Enameled anything, you get a wonderful shading towards dark at the tips that doesn't look like bone markings at all.

The thing that's hard to dye on all of them is the eyes, unless you want bright glows. Dark colors end up just disappearing the eyes, anything mid or bright gets you a mostly whitish spherical glow. You can't get natural eyeballs on these skins (by design, they are "spooky" after all).

I noted on my iPad the other day possible Dye combinations for my raptor.

colors are body/skeleton

Light Green: Sprout/Cucumber.Dark Green: Jalapeño/Midnight TealDark OliveGreen: SourApple/Midnight OliveLight Blue: Brook/Royal BlueLight BlueGreen:PastelSea/SeaGreenDark Blue: EnameledSky/Shadow BlueDark Purple: Enameled Morning Glory/Bloodstone VioletStoneGray: Icing/NightShade. CrushedBone/SilverLeadRed: RubyRed/BloodstoneDarkCoral. BloodstoneCoral/MidnightRedOrange: Scorched/Brick

The skeleton is well hidden on a couple and minimized on the others but the skeleton may reappear depending on the ambient light.

The skins have 4 dye channels. 1 for eyes, 1 for effects and 2 for the skeletal effect. Imo you can dye it so no skeletal effect is visible or you can also do a negative effect. Though there is a high chance we'll see another new skin set with wintersday, considering how popular it is. So you can try waiting for that set. high chance we'll see the pack in the gem shop at least once more before next years halloween.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:If you don't like the bones pattern, consider waiting until more mount skin packs have been made and released. Then select one that fully fits your whishes.

That's what I'm doing.

I'd be extremely surprised if these were the only mount skins we ever get. So I'm sticking with the originals for now and waiting until we get ones with a pattern I don't want to hide.

Archived