Suggestion to fix lack of WvW content

You almost baited us with the "balance" update ;). However I have a suggestions to make WvW alive since it's bleeding people everyday who will never play this game again.

Add more veteran harpies, scales, and other mobs. This may bring more PvE'ers to WvW and also give an impression that there is something going on. Popping orange swords killing a harpy may seem good. Since PvE and open world is the true endgame anyways, why not just make wvw into a pve map? Add more Karma to killing keep lords. Maybe add two or three more keep lords? Maybe giving them raid skills may turn up the difficulty a notch.

Remove any rewards for killing other players. Give rewards and xp's only when you take or defend an objective. All these boring "fight guilds" getting nothing done should be force to play the game and to generate some better content than these endless fights.

@"manu.7539" said:Remove any rewards for killing other players. Give rewards and xp's only when you take or defend an objective. All these boring "fight guilds" getting nothing done should be force to play the game and to generate some better content than these endless fights.

Yea I agree, fight guilds can fight waves of NPC mobs maybe. I think that will also fix the lack of fights

@"manu.7539" said:Remove any rewards for killing other players. Give rewards and xp's only when you take or defend an objective. All these boring "fight guilds" getting nothing done should be force to play the game and to generate some better content than these endless fights.

And this completely underscores what you don’t understand about said fight guilds.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

And this completely underscores what you don’t understand about said fight guilds.

Talking of understanding, I really dont understand what u mean here?

You know you could just go to silverwastes or drizzlewood coast if you want your attacking and defending places with no pvp, and it's better pve rewards too.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

You know you could just go to silverwastes or drizzlewood coast if you want your attacking and defending places with no pvp, and it's better pve rewards too.

I dont play for rewards. WvW isnt all about fights, its all about cooperation, teamship and strategy to win or at least to be competitive. U want easy fights and easy rewards, then just play pve and let the real wvw fans have their own fun in the way the game should be played.

@manu.7539 said:

I dont play for rewards. WvW isnt all about fights, its all about cooperation, teamship and strategy to win or at least to be competitive. U want easy fights and easy rewards, then just play pve and let the real wvw fans have their own fun in the way the game should be played.

then go play silverwastes. the solution to dead wvw isn't to turn it into pve lmao.

you made my day :), I think we should provide double participation points to all scouts and 10-time participation points if the scout is waiting in a golem.WvW should be all about using sieges, driving golem, and putting all the hard work to refresh them each hour. It's all about having the right spirit and even if we are getting triple-teamed.

Ty again, my 1st contributor to the highly respected research institute on golems.BRDr.Qcom

Yes great idea, let's make WvW even less rewarding! Genius.

@JoTur.7256 said:

you made my day :), I think we should provide double participation points to all scouts and 10-time participation points if the scout is waiting in a golem.WvW should be all about using sieges, driving golem, and putting all the hard work to refresh them each hour. It's all about having the right spirit and even if we are getting triple-teamed.

Ty again, my 1st contributor to the highly respected research institute on golems.BRDr.Qcom

Rofl, my "favorite" teamate just showed how funny he can be... but so toxic. U know the kind of guy who spend his days at destroying ur golems by jumping down a cliff? His fun on this game is to ruin ur fun!?!?! In this time of confinement, of isolation... Dont ask ANET to fix any toxicity in this game coz u might be the one with the banned account!

@Veprovina.4876 said:Yes i'm sure PvE players would love to go to WvW killing harpies then getting killed by other players when they can do exactly that in PvE without being harrased by us PvP crowd. :tongue:

We are a very respectable community, WvW is not for fights. We all know its for repeatedly taking towers and keeps and taking turns to do so :)

I think more PvE mobs is a great addition to this game mode.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:pve content is one of the big factors that started to kill the wvw population in the first place. pve'rs will never be tricked into wvw even if its for a legendary.

The Warclaw has demonstrated that this isn't true. During the week it was announced was one of the best weeks for experienced WvW players. I got to throw around so many inexperienced PVE-ers it made me feel like a badkitten.

@Veprovina.4876 said:Yes i'm sure PvE players would love to go to WvW killing harpies then getting killed by other players when they can do exactly that in PvE without being harrased by us PvP crowd. :tongue:

Runescape has a solution for this issue: increase the rewards. Make it so doing the PVE specific things has increased drops, more valuable drops, and exclusive drops. That way, the players have to weigh the increased rewards with the risk of defending themselves, and being inconvenienced when defeated.

@MirroredBishop.8701 said:

We are a very respectable community, WvW is not for fights. We all know its for repeatedly taking towers and keeps and taking turns to do so :)

I think more PvE mobs is a great addition to this game mode.

Yes, and if one blob is on the way to the same objective as another, they just talk it out, very politely in a "Oh you just take it - no you, I insist" manner. :smile:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:pve content is one of the big factors that started to kill the wvw population in the first place. pve'rs will never be tricked into wvw even if its for a legendary.

The Warclaw has demonstrated that this isn't true. During the week it was announced was one of the best weeks for experienced WvW players. I got to throw around so many inexperienced PVE-ers it made me feel like a badkitten.

Runescape has a solution for this issue: increase the rewards. Make it so doing the PVE specific things has increased drops, more valuable drops, and exclusive drops. That way, the players have to weigh the increased rewards with the risk of defending themselves, and being inconvenienced when defeated.

That's actually a very good way to balance things, but then WvW will be accused of having actually better rewards than PvE, and we all know that's sacrilegious.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Just wondering by the way you worded it, are you suggesting that PvE events should have specifically better drops than regular WvW content to try and balance out risk/reward? I would think PvE content in WvW should have the lowest rewards attached to it considering you literally can do that in the regular open world, the only difference being there is a risk of players ganking you. Fighting players, taking objectives and defending would need to have the better rewards. I think loads more PvE players would venture into WvW if there were more rewards attacted to it. We've been begging anet to add things like infusions, chairs, weapon skins, siege skins, finishers, mount skins as obtainable rewards but what can you do. ANET gotta make that money so into the gemstore you go!

Can I just say I'm honestly stunned by all the PvE players that want to come into WvW to straight up PvE events? Like... its a competive game mode with PvE elements, so you should be expecting players to gank and harass you when you are in the mode. If you're looking for rewards, you can get better rewards doing more challenging content in the open world. Perhaps a lot of PvE players would be more happy if we created a truly open world pvp experience where you choose represent a faction on a map and complete champs and meta events for your faction while avoiding players who try and attack you from the other side. I would be so down for that, Kurzick/Luxon hype please.

@fuzzyp.6295 said:

Just wondering by the way you worded it, are you suggesting that PvE events should have specifically better drops than regular WvW content to try and balance out risk/reward? I would think PvE content in WvW should have the lowest rewards attached to it considering you literally can do that in the regular open world, the only difference being there is a risk of players ganking you. Fighting players, taking objectives and defending would need to have the better rewards. I think loads more PvE players would venture into WvW if there were more rewards attacted to it. We've been begging anet to add things like infusions, chairs, weapon skins, siege skins, finishers, mount skins as obtainable rewards but what can you do. ANET gotta make that money so into the gemstore you go!

Can I just say I'm honestly stunned by all the PvE players that want to come into WvW to straight up PvE events? Like... its a competive game mode with PvE elements, so you should be expecting players to gank and harass you when you are in the mode. If you're looking for rewards, you can get better rewards doing more challenging content in the open world. Perhaps a lot of PvE players would be more happy if we created a truly open world pvp experience where you choose represent a faction on a map and complete champs and meta events for your faction while avoiding players who try and attack you from the other side. I would be so down for that, Kurzick/Luxon hype please.

That's not what I'm saying. Though I won't deny it as a possibility. I've long wondered what WvW would be like it if worked like a mixed mode. See, if there is a place in WvW that gives better drops than simply running around capturing camps, then that place itself becomes the hotbed for combat. The different servers will begin fighting over that spot, which would increase rewards substantially for the players who are capable of defending it. For then, they would get that location's drops while also getting the loot bags and badges from all the players they defeat while defending it.

Right now, if we aren't using WvW for convoluted GvG, most of the fighting we do is over objectives that have no direct means of producing income. The gathering nodes inside all of the towers and keeps certainly aren't worth the silver spent on buying siege to break in there. The PPT increases the rate of skirmish chest gains, and you need to do stuff to get contribution experience up, but that is all a roundabout way of getting income without having to... well... win. People complain that WvW is a K-train of trading towers and camps, and it is hard to deny that complaint because that is what it seems like. There's very little incentive to hold just about anything.

Adding a loot farm of marginal value to the WvW maps would give players something to fight over without explicitly stating that they should fight over it. You could find some way to work warscore or participation into the thing, like making the things that spawn relative to the strength of the group that holds that place.

Adding a loot farm of marginal value to the WvW maps would give players something to fight over without explicitly stating that they should fight over it.

Three reasons why that won't happen.

1. As soon as WvW gets a reward that comes close to what you can get in PvE, some players will band together and exploit it.
  2. PvE players will flock to WvW to get that reward and find out that it's not easy when you have to fight other players to get it. Then the complaining will start that it's too hard. (see GW2 Wiki: World Completion) Map completion in WvW maps was removed as a world completion requirement with the March 16, 2015 update.
  3. Anet no longer supports WvW.

Adding a loot farm of marginal value to the WvW maps would give players something to fight over without explicitly stating that they should fight over it.

Three reasons why that won't happen.
  1. As soon as WvW gets a reward that comes close to what you can get in PvE, some players will band together and exploit it.
  2. PvE players will flock to WvW to get that reward and find out that it's not easy when you have to fight other players to get it. Then the complaining will start that it's too hard. (see GW2 Wiki: World Completion)
    Map completion in WvW maps was removed as a world completion requirement with the March 16, 2015 update.
  3. Anet no longer supports WvW.

There's a problem with banding together to "exploit" it: there is a strong incentive to break any agreements and take things for yourself. You'd basically have to convince 3 entire random servers each week that, instead of earning maximum money for themselves they should take proportionally smaller cuts by selectively not controlling areas. You'd have to work against self-interest and malice, and you'd have no way to enforce this server-wide. Also, you're insinuating that Anet would have no control over how much income these areas would produce by asserting they could be exploited somehow.

Players will definitely complain, because for any game there is always a large subset of players who don't understand risk vs. reward, and players who will have an emotional crisis every time their toons get downed. Not much can be done about it, though.