[Poll] Weapon for the next Warrior Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

I recall seeing a polearm being used in a GW2 gameplay preview trailer back when we were all playing GW1 waiting for this game to launch. Does anyone else remember that or know where it is? Did it go the way of the Tengu as a playable race? I'm hoping this weapon would be easy to add because it was there then got scrubbed before launch. I just can't prove it.

@Super Hayes.6890 said:I recall seeing a polearm being used in a GW2 gameplay preview trailer back when we were all playing GW1 waiting for this game to launch. Does anyone else remember that or know where it is? Did it go the way of the Tengu as a playable race? I'm hoping this weapon would be easy to add because it was there then got scrubbed before launch. I just can't prove it.

I would be curious to see said footage if possible.

In regards to staff/polearm I do hope this never comes to be, period. I cant see what it will bring that the warrior can't already do. (Dagger bought boon rip if anyone brings that one up.)

I am fully commited to the next weapon being pistol for warrior. I have already made HOPE for this as I honestly believe this is the only viable weapon for the warrior which will provide the most benefit to what is currently missing.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I donno seeing a heavy armored warrior with a spear fits a warrior 1000% more than a pistol. Imagine a pistol/pistol, pistol/shield or pistol sword war. No thanks thief, engi and mes has that covered.

what does it matter if it 'fits' better, what does a spear / staff bring?

Else we might as well bring up the factor that greatsword does not fit necromancer, or Axe on a guardian/mesmer.

Think logically, the weapon must bring something new and something the warrior is missing.

Admitivly what comes to my mind instantly for heavy armour and pistol is : Space Marines, The Bounty Hunter (Star Wars) and the general 'modern day soldier'.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:I recall seeing a polearm being used in a GW2 gameplay preview trailer back when we were all playing GW1 waiting for this game to launch. Does anyone else remember that or know where it is? Did it go the way of the Tengu as a playable race? I'm hoping this weapon would be easy to add because it was there then got scrubbed before launch. I just can't prove it.

In regards to staff/polearm I do hope this never comes to be, period. I cant see what it will bring that the warrior can't already do. (Dagger bought boon rip if anyone brings that one up.)

I am fully commited to the next weapon being pistol for warrior. I have already made HOPE for this as I honestly believe this is the only viable weapon for the warrior which will provide the most benefit to what is currently missing.

Actually you're probably right. In my opinion right now warrior lacks one handed ranged weapon the most but, considering how many people demads staff as next warrior weapon it may be the case aswell especially when it would fit the theme of expansion (monk, staff mele weapon). I would be happy to see any of them honestly as long as A.net won't make next espec support. People are rising the topic of warrior not having "true support" spec but lets face it we are stuck with dps/support role from vanilla. I would rather see pistol/pistol range pure dps spec. I would love to wear nevermore with my warrior but I dont see it being different from revenant staff.

I had an idea of warrior next espec losing weapon swap and instead using stances (F1-F4) to use equiped weapons differently (F1- power dps; F2 - condi dps; F3 defensive + cc; F4- movement?; Something similar to elementalists possibilities) but with all the weapons warrior can equip right now it would be too much of work for one espec i guess. I just would loove to see a little more depth with warriors :bleep_bloop:

Or maybe staff as ranged weapon for warrior when you swing the staff that hard you cause air pressure waves? It would always be something new. The only thing limiting devs is their imagination. Still i can see that more likely than whole new weapon type.

@Grave.9258 said:

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:I recall seeing a polearm being used in a GW2 gameplay preview trailer back when we were all playing GW1 waiting for this game to launch. Does anyone else remember that or know where it is? Did it go the way of the Tengu as a playable race? I'm hoping this weapon would be easy to add because it was there then got scrubbed before launch. I just can't prove it.

Actually you're probably right. In my opinion right now warrior lacks one handed ranged weapon the most
but
, considering how many people demads staff as next warrior weapon it may be the case aswell especially when it would fit the theme of expansion (monk, staff mele weapon). I would be happy to see any of them honestly as long as A.net won't make next espec support. People are rising the topic of warrior not having "true support" spec but lets face it we are stuck with dps/support role from vanilla. I would rather see pistol/pistol range
pure
dps spec. I would love to wear nevermore with my warrior but I dont see it being different from revenant staff.

I had an idea of warrior next espec losing weapon swap and instead using stances (F1-F4) to use equiped weapons differently (F1- power dps; F2 - condi dps; F3 defensive + cc; F4- movement?; Something similar to elementalists possibilities) but with all the weapons warrior can equip right now it would be too much of work for one espec i guess. I just would loove to see a little more depth with warriors :bleep_bloop:

Or maybe staff as ranged weapon for warrior when you swing the staff that hard you cause air pressure waves? It would always be something new. The only thing limiting devs is their imagination. Still i can see that more likely than whole new weapon type.

Just make spear a one handed range weapon. Paragon. Done.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I donno seeing a heavy armored warrior with a spear fits a warrior 1000% more than a pistol. Imagine a pistol/pistol, pistol/shield or pistol sword war. No thanks thief, engi and mes has that covered.

Else we might as well bring up the factor that greatsword does not fit necromancer, or Axe on a guardian/mesmer.

Think logically, the weapon must bring something new and something the warrior is missing.

Admitivly what comes to my mind instantly for heavy armour and pistol is : Space Marines, The Bounty Hunter (Star Wars) and the general 'modern day soldier'.

Yeah and does a warrior space marine fit gw2 world or a heavy armored spear wielding warrior? Also a spear can bring whatever anet wants it to just by what skills on the weapon do. I mean on skill on spear could be a ranged throw, another couple melee and one sustain skill making it a versitile frontline weapon.Each their own obviously tho.

@"Grave.9258" said:

Actually you're probably right. In my opinion right now warrior lacks one handed ranged weapon the most but, considering how many people demads staff as next warrior weapon it may be the case aswell especially when it would fit the theme of expansion (monk, staff mele weapon). I would be happy to see any of them honestly as long as A.net won't make next espec support. People are rising the topic of warrior not having "true support" spec but lets face it we are stuck with dps/support role from vanilla. I would rather see pistol/pistol range pure dps spec. I would love to wear nevermore with my warrior but I dont see it being different from revenant staff.

Regarding the first 'but' for high numbers of people 'demanding' the staff, the poll numbers may be the highest, but it does not mean they are right. (Sorry USA) look at Donald Trump as an example, many people voted him in.Support is lacking from the warrior, and it could be the spec that changes it, we aleady have might support on core with some power buffs, but we do not have any other team support buffs to provide... yet. This would work for WvW, Raids and to an extent in PvP as well. If ANET is going by the policy that you can play as you want, ie all classes can fill every role from support to tank and DPS, then that choice should be provided with a true support spec.Berserker bought the DPS/Damage spec.Spellbreaker bought the Tank/sustain spec.

If the staff becomes a ranged weapon, what is it going to do that is different from longbow or rifle? Personally i am not a huge fan of the staff, which does play a little into my detest to it. However i am open to seeing it being implemented into the game... but not as the next elite spec weapon, as i honestly believe it will not bring enough to the table that is different.

Once all the basis are covered which the warrior is missing, then id say they should look at weapons that do simular roles.

Another factor to play is this, if people play the new spec, they might not get on with a 2h weapon. Then end up never using the staff at all as a result, however with a 1h pistol, you may not get on with the off hand but you still have a total of 8 weapon combinations that use the pistol, you may get on with. In the long run, there is more use and versitility for a pistol than there could ever be for a staff.

@Taobella.6597 said:i would like them to give warrior spear :)

I think most of the Staff votes are really votes for spear but from those that have given up on Land Spear happening.To be honest I'd be fine with a short bow as well. Fast attack speed, power based kit, and mid range. I like how Ranger Shortbow fires so quick, but I want it as a power weapon...

Lots of good options, I wouldn't be any less happy getting any of those, but I am giving a small edge to either pistol/pistol or shortbow because warrior doesn't have any mid-range weapons.

That been said, can I daydream about those cannons the dwarfs have? Imagine a warrior elite spec that has photon forge-like ability that brings out a huge cannon.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:Lots of good options, I wouldn't be any less happy getting any of those, but I am giving a small edge to either pistol/pistol or shortbow because warrior doesn't have any mid-range weapons.

That been said, can I daydream about those cannons the dwarfs have? Imagine a warrior elite spec that has photon forge-like ability that brings out a huge cannon.

Just imagine that, kits giving you huge weapons from mounted miniguns to RPG cannons. If there is a Poggers moment, that would be it.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

In my opinion, the next elite spec for warrior will most likely be supportive in nature. And warrior lacks a support weapon choice. Staff (especially if the elite spec gives it a polearm skin) could cover this niche.

Give warrior a commander elite spec, using preparations to prepare the battlefield and grant advantages for their allies.

@frareanselm.1925 said:I'd like to wear a long spear to play like a phalanx with direct damage, or to apply some venoms like oberyn martell.

mmm Maybe make spear 1 handed? Shield and spear Phalanx Bro. Do some 300 cosplay in WvW. Give it traits like reduce damage taken per ally within 600 units (with a cap of course) and condi damage reduction somewhere, spam FGJ with Phalanx Strength. I dig it.

• 2 weeks later...