Different skins for Legendary armor per equipment template?

Am i just dense or is there no way to do this right now?

I'd like to have one wardrobe skin set in Equipment template 1, and another in Equipment template 2.And i have some legendary armor (3 pieces).

Is there a way to do this? Am i missing something?

I can only apply a wardrobe skin to the armor and then all equipment slots have that skin, but i can dye the skin separate, per equipment template.Bizzarely, Ascended in this case actually is a better option because, for the best ultimate armor in the game, this is kind of a bummer to be honest. I'd very much like 2 different looks without needing 2 sets of armors, i mean, it IS legendary...

But again, am i missing something? Can this be done?Cause it can be dyed separately, and you can slot separate runes, stats and infusions in each equipment template. So why not wardrobe?

• Like 1

@Ayrilana.1396 said:There currently isn’t as the equipment itself is shared across the templates and equipment can only have one skin at a time. Supposedly this may be resolved eventually but it’s anyone’s guess when that may be.

Allright, thank you! That means i'm not dense. :tongue:And yes, if it can be dyed separately, why not have separate skins? I mean, fashion wars is the endgame, and legendary armor is the ultimate armor so... Who missed the memo on this? :tongue:

@"Infusion.7149" said:If there's a way to do it I haven't found it yet. I actually keep an ascended chestpiece with slumbering instead of mistforged on my guardian for this reason (it's full legendary armor) so I know which template I'm on.

Currently i do different dyes and a backpiece so i know which set i'm on, but i'd actually like a different style for my Chronomancer (Requiem armor), and a different style for my Mirage (Spearmarshal's armor) equipment slots. Cause i play Chrono in WvW, but Mirage in PvE. I kinda want them to look different. It's weird that this isn't a feature already with all that they implemented since i've been on a hiatus (which is a LOT of QoL compared to how it used to be).

So idk... I guess then this thread is a suggestion for Anet. Please make it so that i can have 2 different skins in each equipment slot.

I mean, thinking about it now, i can already see a problem, like, what happens when you take it off? Which skin gets applied?But if it works for dyes, why not skins?

But they implemented a lot of things people were saying "can't be done" long ago so i'm confident they can figure it out.

I'm hoping that's one thing they look into when or if the legendary armory is released.For the Legendary armors main appeal being the convenience, It's not very convenient to have to remove armor from all my builds, bank swap, remove runes/infusions and Transmutate every time I want to play an alt. It's much less hassle to just buy exotics/ascended and use them on my alts.

Yeah, ironically, exotics and ascended seem to be more value in this instance.But this would make legendary armor actually more worth it.I guess the argument is "it's one item, so how do you make 2 skins on it", but it's not like it's impossible, and only legendary armor would (and should) have it anyway, so maybe they figure out a way to do it. I'd certainly appreciate it, took me forever to get those 3 pieces, and it'll take me another forever for the remaining 3. Would suck if i had to use exotics to just change my look between templates after all that...

@"lare.5129" said:wardrobe can be bound to character but, not for armor pieces.But I think you looking to far. LegArmory I think will be soon, but not very soon. My prediction - after 2-4 years

Well 2-4 years doesn't sound like "soon". :tongue:Hopefully we'll get the Legendary Armory sooner than that.

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Well 2-4 years doesn't sound like "soon". :tongue:for mmo game concept the 2-4 years is soon. Not soon 5-10 years.

Hopefully we'll get the Legendary Armory sooner than that.We not know how it will be implemented, devil is small details, so I can't say what I am very wait it. But anyway it valid thing.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Well 2-4 years doesn't sound like "soon". :tongue:for mmo game concept the 2-4 years is soon. Not soon 5-10 years.

Hopefully we'll get the Legendary Armory sooner than that.We not know how it will be implemented, devil is small details, so I can't say what I am very wait it. But anyway it valid thing.

Well i hope they at least make it possible to have multiple skins in different slots. With legendary armory, it should be possible. After all, if the purpose of it is to share legendary items between characters easily, it only makes sense that all of those characters don't have to use the same skin.

@Veprovina.4876 said:Well i hope they at least make it possible to have multiple skins in different slots. With legendary armory, it should be possible. After all, if the purpose of it is to share legendary items between characters easily, it only makes sense that all of those characters don't have to use the same skin.Looking at the functionality of the current template system, let's say i'm not very hopeful.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Well i hope they at least make it possible to have multiple skins in different slots. With legendary armory, it should be possible. After all, if the purpose of it is to share legendary items between characters easily, it only makes sense that all of those characters don't have to use the same skin.Looking at the functionality of the current template system, let's say i'm not very hopeful.

Yeah, i see your point, but hey, one can hope right?

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:They don't have legendary armory yet. We'll see if they finally do the smart decision of transmuting equipment slots themselves or make this another pointless feature first.

If they did this, players could transmute equipment slots while leveling a character! Right now equipment changes too fast while leveling, which wastes our charges, so only outfits are worth using.

@Quench.7091 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:They don't have legendary armory yet. We'll see if they finally do the smart decision of transmuting equipment slots themselves or make this another pointless feature first.

If they did this, players could transmute equipment slots while leveling a character! Right now equipment changes too fast while leveling, which wastes our charges, so only outfits are worth using.

You think they won't do that just to boost outfit sales?

@Veprovina.4876 said:

You think they won't do that just to boost outfit sales?

Nah, but they should consider making outfits swappable with builds too. That would increase outfit sales. I hate swapping between outfits and then going through all of the dye channels over and over. Makes me only use one outfit per character.

• 1 month later...

I still do not bother with Legendary armor due to the fact that I didn't spend all this money and time on different skins just to end up having all my toons like like they are from the same mold. I'm also not looking froward to either buying all new Equip Legendary templates. Their wording is shofty, and you know they still haven't figured out how to make each toon, each template, have it's own skin. For me, I rather have my style for each build than the ability to just use one set, especially after 8 years of waiting I already have many many ascended sets. 

Yep, it really bothers me too. Also i really wonder about cosmetic effects of Trinkets like Aurora and Vision.
Turning them into Slumbering version is not really good idea because you might wanna have Auras on one characters and do not have them on another for upcoming Armory. Checkboxes for trinkets ( amulet, earrings and rings ) same as backpack will be the most awesome, even without Legendary Armory.

So far, only items i am 100% sure of are runes and sigils, since they do not have cosmetic effect or require skin. Maybe Slumbering Conflux too. Wardrobe Templates would have been very cool thing for owners of Legendary Armor. Prior to Templates i had two ascended pieces of same stat-gear but different skin. Now they simply sink into the templates without returning into inventory if you equip it via mouse click.

Edited by Aeon.4583