20% Off Guild Wars 2 Gem Cards in Europe

Hello ArenaNet,

your discount promotion really seems to be a shot in the dark again, doesn't it?

What criteria do you use to select the partners?
Maximum incompetence?

You order GemCards (yes in the plural) pay the order immediately with PayPal and get a confirmation that if the payment is successful within "a few minutes" the digital item will be shipped.

Well, the whole thing is now almost two hours ago, and the support chat also remains well-behaved at queue position 2.

Other merchants add fees for the payment method or you are suddenly not allowed to sell outside your country.

That the Deluxe version is not reduced at any partner is the icing on the cake.

You have your own store where you can sell your digital products and send your players to some strange merchants who can't cope with the onslaught.

Why don't you handle that through your site http://buy.guildwars2.com as you have in the past? You could even discount the gems in-game, although I wonder why you don't have a sliding scale there anyway. With most games it is so that if I invest more money I also get a small amount more of gems / mushrooms etc..

Greetings

a somewhat annoyed Markus

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

GameCardsDirect does not have stock at the first day.

https://gamecardsdirect.com/nl-nl/guild-wars-gems-pc/

I now ordered from Gameliebe and are waiting for my gem code.

just a small warning, some users are having issues with their orders and gameliebe not fulfilling hopefully this wont be the case for you:

Yes at Gameliebe I am also waiting and am there in the support chat.

Gameliebe was also available with me today at 9 o'clock, at 12 Uh rnicht and 12:30 o'clock available again.

Good that I paid with PayPal, let's see if I get from "support" still ne answer, queue position 1

3 minutes ago, Astyrah.4015 said:

just a small warning, some users are having issues with their orders and gameliebe not fulfilling hopefully this wont be the case for you:

I paid with paypal. The site told me that the paypal payments for new accounts have to be manually verified for the fist order and that this is done quickly on business hours.

Gamecards Direct had 2,000 gem cards a few minutes ago, but they sold out while I was looking at it.

I was able to buy through Gameliebe (with some help from Google translate because my German lessons pre-date online shopping and never included anything as useful as how to buy stuff) and now I'm just waiting for the code to arrive.

(While I'm waiting I've gotten emails from Nintendo about Switch game sales and Elder Scrolls Online about their online shop - it's like they know I'm spending money on games and they've all come for a piece of the action. 😆)

Edit: My code came through, and worked. It took just under 2 hours.

Edited by Danikat.8537

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Edit: My code came through, and worked. It took just under 2 hours.

I assume you did order later this day than I did, which was in the morning. So, they should still have had gem cards in stock, when I ordered. Good to know, but still no codes -.-

I do not know on what base do they select these retailer but some of them have 0 credibility...

For example.

The 2k Gemcard usually was 98 ,on the day when the 20% reduction got in the price dropped to 90 and now as out of stock is 62...

I won't ever buy this way anything and whoever is responsible for this promotions management should be reproved quite a bit...

I think the -20% off GemCard promotion is really disappointing.

I'd have loved to buy some, but they were already sold out on day 1 when I checked yesterday (the stocks must've been really low).

Also only offering them on dubious sellers websites is pretty questionable. I agree, Anet should really do these kind of promotions on their own official website.

Btw. did anyone else notice, that the gemcard sales are either not available or weirdly overpriced on usual sellers like amazon? Like really overpriced? (europe/germany)

Edited by xgw.1450
  • Like 1

CAREFUL WHEN BUYING FROM GAMELIEBE.COM

I noticed they'd restocked their cards and without thinking quickly paid for one, before noticing they've removed the 20% discount 2 whole days early. (the other sites still have the discount active). I know I should have double checked but I think it's very bad practice.

On GameLiebe it says:

"Aktueller Hinweis: Die Promo mit 20% Rabatt, die ursprünglich bis zum 4. Mai gehen sollte, ist leider aufgrund extremer Nachfrage für dieses Produkt seitens Arenanet  schon vorzeitig beendet worden."

->

"Current note: The promo with 20% discount, which was originally supposed to last until May 4, has unfortunately ended early due to extreme demand for this product on the part of Arenanet."

I think this stands for itself. Incompetent.

2 hours ago, Extacy.6192 said:

On GameLiebe it says:

"Aktueller Hinweis: Die Promo mit 20% Rabatt, die ursprünglich bis zum 4. Mai gehen sollte, ist leider aufgrund extremer Nachfrage für dieses Produkt seitens Arenanet  schon vorzeitig beendet worden."

->

"Current note: The promo with 20% discount, which was originally supposed to last until May 4, has unfortunately ended early due to extreme demand for this product on the part of Arenanet."

I think this stands for itself. Incompetent.

Well that's weird.

That makes it sound like Anet sold them a fixed number of gem codes to sell at the discounted price, but if that's the case surely they could provide them with more the same way. It's not like there's a finite number of them and I can't imagine it takes long to generate the codes.

(Also if it's Anet providing the codes at a discount price they should have a good idea of how many people are playing, how many regularly buy gems and between the two a rough idea of how many would buy during a promotion like this.)

If they're going to do something like this again maybe they should just make it a discount on buying gems through the store, that way there's no risk of running out.

Edited by Danikat.8537

This is not really well planned, I would say. As already mentioned, all sources are either out of stock or simply do not apply the discount any longer.

This is bad marketing at its best :)

Event is going from 1st to 4th of May, but was only available on May 1st.

Hoped, that it comes in again today correctly, but no chance.

Why not simply give 20% in the ingame gem store?

Very disappointing for me

Gameliebe replied to me and said that they requested more codes from Anet, but Anet refused to do so, sale codes I mean. 

Then Gameliebe had to fulfill the orders already made with more expensive codes taking a loss 

• Confused 2

50 minutes ago, Jin.8501 said:

Gameliebe replied to me and said that they requested more codes from Anet, but Anet refused to do so, sale codes I mean. 

Then Gameliebe had to fulfill the orders already made with more expensive codes taking a loss 

It's a bit strange. Anet announces a sale for the duration of 4 days. Players are happy to hand over their money to make use of the sale and now it is too successful?

Anet is generating these codes from thin air, the rest is profit. So why limit the sale?

If they asked me I could have told them that a lot of orders would be placed. It has been two years since gem cards were widely available in Europe. All major retailers listed at the Guild Wars 2 support site have had zero stock for years.

And unofficial gem card sellers were asking crazy prices. At the same time, many players have various problems buying gems in the DigitalRiver in-game store. So yeah, when gem card finally game back to Europe and at a discount, demand would be big.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Extacy.6192 said:

Omg, I just wanted to buy them today instead of yesterday and now I can't anymore...