Post-patch thoughts

Grand Marshal.4098

Yo Great Fortitude giving Vitality AND Ferocity was unexpected. I like that!

Rifle skill looks dope ngl.

The rest we knew. Imminent Threat may see some more gameplay which I like, but the loss of resistance will still hit us hard.

Finally, kinda weird that with this patch they didn't give a look into B Mode's attack speed increase or dual wielding (both of which don't stack with quickness). At least small changes there would be nice, since the 300 sec CDs are still around yikes.

It seems that rifle gets more benefit from this "new" trait than from the Forceful Greatsword, which would be nice. Rifle berserker could be interesting, let's hope the double hit from Exploding Shell won't be removed on bigger hitboxes, that would pretty much kill it + removing it makes no sense since the created aoe from 1st hit would ignore the target that is in the aoe...

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

What ended up the the Attacker's Insight bonuses? There was a lack of clarity on what those would actually end up as.

It is just 50 stats, not 95. So just very slight buff to spellbreaker with "rng" precision based on your AI uptime.

I have absolutely no idea how do you suppose to survive condi burst now. A lot of warrior skills that gave you resistance are now useless? The only way to get resolution(retaliation) is through defence ? and even with it instead of die in 3 sec youll die in 4 sec. Not sure if im missing something since i came back after long pause. I've always had problem to fight against with conditions as warrior. But now i'm completely lost.

I never liked rifle and after few testing i don't see difference. Feels same.. bad. basically aimed shot now have cone dmg effect ? and its swap position with volley ? That it ? dmg is same right? But i dont mind i prefer melee with warrior anyway.

9 minutes ago, Luna.6203 said:

I have absolutely no idea how do you suppose to survive condi burst now. A lot of warrior skills that gave you resistance are now useless? The only way to get resolution(retaliation) is through defence ? and even with it instead of die in 3 sec youll die in 4 sec. Not sure if im missing something since i came back after long pause. I've always had problem to fight against with conditions as warrior. But now i'm completely lost.

I never liked rifle and after few testing i don't see difference. Feels same.. bad. basically aimed shot now have cone dmg effect ? and its swap position with volley ? That it ? dmg is same right? But i dont mind i prefer melee with warrior anyway.

True, the stance is really bad now, but you still have a bunch of on demand cleanses to survive.

44 minutes ago, Mighty Cole.7849 said:

The change to Axe Mastery is nice.  You gain 120 ferocity for the trait itself plus and additional 120 if you have an axe equipped.  Therefore, you get the full 240 with only one axe (no additional bonus for having two).

nah, before u get 360 ferocity, you get base 120 and you get 120 for each axe, so 240 for both.

this is straight nerf

Edited by felix.2386

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

CMC: nerfs warrior hard

Rest of Systems Team: hold our keg.

Kinda wish they did something about the garbage condi management. Since resistance works differently now they can add something to berserker stance like cleanse a condition or smth and some more sources for resolution and resistance around all elites. Berserker could use resistance on Savage instinct and maybe a cleanse on some trait and skills. 

The changes are ok but there is a need of something back you know to compensate trashing half of some skills 50% functionality nerfs is too much for a class that doesn't have much wiggle room. 

1 minute ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Kinda wish they did something about the garbage condi management. Since resistance works differently now they can add something to berserker stance like cleanse a condition or smth and some more sources for resolution and resistance around all elites. Berserker could use resistance on Savage instinct and maybe a cleanse on some trait and skills. 

The changes are ok but there is a need of something back you know to compensate trashing half of some skills 50% functionality nerfs is too much for a class that doesn't have much wiggle room. 

We'll have to wait and see. If warrior becomes utter fodder to condis then whenever the next balance patch hits they'll address it. But if warriors manage to make it work then Anet will do nothing.

IMO Beserker Stance should still give you those 5 seconds of condi immunity. It's doesn't need to be a boon, it can just be part of the skill. I'd up the duration of resistance on featherfoot and a few others, and add resolution to the grandmaster spellbreaker trait that grants resistance. 

58 minutes ago, Mighty Cole.7849 said:

The change to Axe Mastery is nice.  You gain 120 ferocity for the trait itself plus and additional 120 if you have an axe equipped.  Therefore, you get the full 240 with only one axe (no additional bonus for having two).

But Gori I need muh 360 ferocity instead of 240.

I guess this is what it will lead to...

Anet will destroy warrior in the name of giving other classes build diversity by augmenting their condi role (warrior has only 1 of those roles which is successful in all content I guess), but will make up for it with some crazy strong espec.

It may be too early to think about this, but what I was afraid of happening (the utter destruction of Berserker in competetive) will happen.