Is it me or the last patch brought too many pulls into the game?

anduriell.6280

I don't know exactly what the last patch brought but right now i feel like there are there are too many of those. Much more i have ever seen in this game mode to the point it feels like a CC fest. 

Worst is there no even any animation from some so i get pulled randomly from nowhere. Audio queues are not enough as they sound when the effect is taking place. 

Temporal Curtain. This skill can not only reflect projectiles but also Into the Void has a radius of 600. It is extremely annoying being pulled by something you can not even see placed behind a wall.

Scorpion Wire is permanently present. This skill has no animation as it's tab target and it pulls you as soon as it hits. 

Spectral Grasp another skill with no tells. The projectiles are almost indistinguishable from normal staff autoattacks and this is another 1200 pull. 

Pulls need some sort of animation clearly visible as right now it feels "oh random mechanics, i'm dead now and i can't get back to my commander" . There is so many time somebody can be pulled from nowhere into the enemy zerg. 

Good examples of pulls 

Grasping Darkness  

Dragon's Maw

Prelude Lash

Hunter's Verdict

With the ones above I see clearly what is pulling me. So i understand and there is a chance i can become better player by being pulled by those skills. Random pulls with no animations are  like one shot from stealth. Nothing to learn there just grieving. 

Also did the patch buffed Reflects or did it buff the classes that provide them? the amount of reflections has increase 10 times fold to the point you can not use projectiles even against small groups. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
grammar corrections
  • Like 1

Nothing has changed to pulls that I'm aware of. Shrug, maybe people are figuring out it's better to try and pull and isolate someone out of their groups cause of all the boon balling happening. Zergs have always pulled with mesmer pulls into bombs, nothing new there, still funny to see people get caught in it, if you run front line make sure you have stability otherwise don't stand in front.

I don't know why people stand on edge of walls in front of zergs for 5+sec and expect not to get pulled, and dropping their one aoe on them does nothing to them before you get dunked on, learn the lesson already.

• Like 5

Again with temporal curtain...

It has a visual and audio cue with a delay before the pull can be activated.

Its a utility skill on a utility weapon used by a utility profession.

And lol @ scorpion wire, try using the skill against a moving target sometime.

Edited by Justine.6351

Have not noticed any change in CC over all since the patch.

I will add one thing however....Dragons Maw, needs a change, it either only needs to trap people caught in it (as in when it triggers), or the "trapped" area needs some sort of visual much like hunters ward is now, because as it stands, it's how hunters ward used to be, but without the visual fences. As someone can trigger the trap and I can walk into the area after it triggered with almost zero visual and get trapped/knocked down.

4 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Again with temporal curtain...

It has a visual and audio cue with a delay before the pull can be activated.

Its a utility skill on a utility weapon used by a utility profession.

And lol @ scorpion wire, try using the skill against a moving target sometime.

Sure you can see it middle of clutter and and hear it when 50 dudes spam different skills. I listen music anyways while i play so i don't hear anything anyways. It's funny how pulls only help blob. You can't never pull enemy from blob because of perma stability and if you corrupt boons he get new boons faster than you can use pull. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I don't know exactly what the last patch brought but right now i feel like there are there are too many of those. Much more i have ever seen in this game mode to the point it feels like a CC fest. 

Worst is there no even any animation from some so i get pulled randomly from nowhere. Audio queues are not enough as they sound when the effect is taking place. 

Temporal Curtain. This skill can not only reflect projectiles but also Into the Void has a radius of 600. It is extremely annoying being pulled by something you can not even see placed behind a wall.

Scorpion Wire is permanently present. This skill has no animation as it's tab target and it pulls you as soon as it hits. 

Spectral Grasp another skill with no tells. The projectiles are almost indistinguishable from normal staff autoattacks and this is another 1200 pull. 

Pulls need some sort of animation clearly visible as right now it feels "oh random mechanics, i'm dead now and i can't get back to my commander" . There is so many time somebody can be pulled from nowhere into the enemy zerg. 

Good examples of pulls 

Grasping Darkness  

Dragon's Maw

Prelude Lash

Hunter's Verdict

With the ones above I see clearly what is pulling me. So i understand and there is a chance i can become better player by being pulled by those skills. Random pulls with no animations are  like one shot from stealth. Nothing to learn there just grieving. 

Also did the patch buffed Reflects or did it buff the classes that provide them? the amount of reflections has increase 10 times fold to the point you can not use projectiles even against small groups. 

Every patch they do gets more and more kancerous

Edited by charrboiledeggs.8164
  • Thanks 1

Useful stuff catches on. Scorpion Wire is actually pretty well telegraphed and it's iffy even on mostly flat terrain, but it can pull if you're used to watching target highlight circle at their feet and it's a good interrupt. I'm sure you've seen plenty of times one side crumble after a key support or player gets pulled into somethin or even just dislodged from their core enough to make them shaky. 

Some pulls are just better than others though and I agree there needs to be better UI indicators maybe in your characters peripheral, a lot of the more solid pulls are from behind and at good range. For the most part it's not that bad and knowing they're around already helps manage them.

10 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Spectral grasp with no tells? lol... don't you see the 5 black hands shooting from the necro's hands toward the 5 targets? (same for Scorpion wire btw).
But OK, judging by the list of pull skills you listed as noticeable, if it does not have the size of a truck you don't see it.

I can understand that in a blob fight because there is so much crap flying around that it's very hard to track everything, but I'm under the impression that you are talking about small scale fight (roaming and suchlike) so it might be more an issue of knowing the skills animation and paying attention to them.

7 hours ago, Luranni.9470 said:

Gravity is a harsh mistress.

It's also the most efficient method of murdering things :D.

It's raining men! Hallelujah!
It's raining men! Amen!
I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet!
It's raining men! Hallelujah!
It's raining men! Every specimen!
Tall, blonde, dark and lean
Rough and tough and strong and mean

😛

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Sure you can see it middle of clutter and and hear it when 50 dudes spam different skills. I listen music anyways while i play so i don't hear anything anyways. It's funny how pulls only help blob. You can't never pull enemy from blob because of perma stability and if you corrupt boons he get new boons faster than you can use pull. 

Sounds more like a 50 v 50 issue and not a telgraph issue then. People should consider running stab or with a group that has stab then.

Let's not forget that ridicolously stupid Spectral Walk necrobomb fiesta. Since these kittens don't even need a line of sight they run out of keeps, bomb they whole shitload onto one and teleport back behind walls without running into any danger at all. No need to try stunlock, immobilization spam nor anything. They are completly free to play a no risk, high reward aoe spam. Somewhat it was looking funny, but on the other hand it's just sad that a couple necros just run out of keep, spamming they ubercondi boonrip spam and teleporting back into keep. Free loot for them, thanks Anet. Makes it totally even more fun going for a keep since they now have free nuclear missiles in the form of necros that teleport back into keep without any sort of line of sight. Absolutely not gamebreaking lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calderis.4780 said:

Let's not forget that ridicolously stupid Spectral Walk necrobomb fiesta. Since these kittens don't even need a line of sight they run out of keeps, bomb they whole shitload onto one and teleport back behind walls without running into any danger at all. No need to try stunlock, immobilization spam nor anything. They are completly free to play a no risk, high reward aoe spam. Somewhat it was looking funny, but on the other hand it's just sad that a couple necros just run out of keep, spamming they ubercondi boonrip spam and teleporting back into keep. Free loot for them, thanks Anet. Makes it totally even more fun going for a keep since they now have free nuclear missiles in the form of necros that teleport back into keep without any sort of line of sight. Absolutely not gamebreaking lol

You can always interupt and cc necro because they don't have STABILITY 😠. Sure he get back in keep, but doesn't do any damage.

Edited by Junkpile.7439

You are all doing it wrong:

You have to cast Spectral Walk, then Spectral Grasp into the middle of the zerg as the inevitable reflect will pull you right into it over a 1200 distance, then shroudbomb and once shroud ends, cast Spectral Return. That's how real Reapers do it.

Amateurs!