Need help making a choice for my soulbeast (viper or traiblazer)

Hello, currently I play the soulbeast with the viperin stats
Would there be an advantage to switching to trailblazer? 

I only play on pve

Current stats ig: no fusion  

Power 2173

armor: 2118

health: 17122

crit: 35.14%

condi damage: 1588

condi duration: 97,4% bleeding

Runes: Krait

On build editor in trailblazer:

Power: 1000

armor: 3516

health: 23452

crit: 5%

condit damage: 1756

condit duration:  50,4%

runes: Undead

Thx for help

- You will probably mostly sticking with Viper because it's a really well-balanced between power and condi, in core tyria there are stuffs that doesn't take condi damage like objects and die quite fast so with a bit of power can get you through the kill faster. TB however are used for when you encounter hard contents and find yourself alone most of the time because you might need that extra tough/vital to cover you when making mistakes or you are new to the game TB is recommended but if you are a veteran Viper is way better.

- One more note that in big events where you need to tag everything for loots, Viper is better due to damage threshold means you need to hit a mob with enough damages either condi or power (about 5% of enemy's health) to get full credit for the kill, that extra power stat on Viper will come in handy because things tend to die really fast. TB can also do the job if you pump enough condi on mobs in a short amount of time but so far i only see Scourge/CondiRen/Firebrand can do that because their abilities to ramp up massive amount of torment/burn on multiple foes so fast with such a low cd.

• Like 1

Viper is the higher dps glass cannon set, it will get you through most things a little faster. Trailblazer gives up some dps so its a little slower but has more survivability. You will run into some situations that you can beat with the slower Trailblazer but not with the faster Viper.

Another option is to use Viper gears with defensive traits when playing alone, and switch to offensive traits when you want damage. That’s what I do since we have more build templates than equipment templates and it also saves gold, not needing to get multiple gear sets.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 1

In viperin i still manage to do a lot of things, but sometimes some bounties, champions where there are not many people i just can't

I dont know if there's gonna be a big difference in that stuff traiblazer for survival

I already play with defensives things (dolyak stance, moa stance, predator's cunning for sustain etc)

thx for the returns

It doesn't have to be all one or the other. You could have TB trinkets and Viper for armor/weapons, for example.

The toughness and vitality from TB will be noticeable for survival against harder content.

What weapons are you using? Do you have any on-crit sigils or on-crit traits? Knowing that will help to determine what damage output you might lose by switching some or all to TB.

• Like 1

Just my guess tho that the author probably having gold issue, switching stats on asc for a whole setup can cause quite the headache for new and returning player. I suggest getting yourself Exotic version first, Bladed set is a perfect way to do so but you do need to farm map currency for a bit, and to your question then it is yes ofc, sustain works best with toughness stat and make you heal up faster than viper. If you are still unsure what to do i strongly recommended try out Rabid set first, they are alternative stat to TB and dirt cheap on Trade Post, karma merchant in orr is selling trinkets, see how it goes, if you feeling comfortable while playing then switch to TB.

Edited by Eros.6801
  • Like 1

I like both. Why not combine them?

Elementalist's perspective here: If I had to choose one, it would be trailblazer. The extra vitality and toughness will do a lot to keep your char alive. Unless you go for raiding and strike missions with very specific team roles, a hybrid build will almost always be better. Maybe toss in a few celestial pieces or some with healing power to assist healing yourself.

2 hours ago, nin.5489 said:

The question i have is:

Does the loss of damage justifiy the gain of survival

Thank you for your feedback

Well, if you're dead, it does. If you don't die, it doesn't. It depends on you.

My advice ... go Vipers but experiment with using some defensive foods, skills, sigils and try to adjust your traits before you think about more costly measures like changing gear stats. I find that people tend to get better and outgrow their defensive stats on their gear and they end up regretting choosing those stats.

Edited by Obtena.7952

On 5/17/2021 at 9:50 PM, nin.5489 said:

I only play on pve

Current stats ig: no fusion  

Power 2173

armor: 2118

health: 17122

crit: 35.14%

condi damage: 1588

condi duration: 97,4% bleeding

Runes: Krait

On build editor in trailblazer:

Power: 1000

armor: 3516

health: 23452

crit: 5%

condit damage: 1756

condit duration:  50,4%

runes: Undead

Thx for help

Since Soulbeast already enjoy a rather high amount of HP with easy survivability skills, plus the option to deal a lot of damage from a range, the benefit of trailblazer don't make that much a gain over viper.

My suggestion is to keep viper, but have a set of toughness trinklets(dire or trailblazer) when survivability is needed.

On 5/17/2021 at 9:50 AM, nin.5489 said:

I only play on pve

This depends highly on what you mean by "pve" and assumes you can only have one gear set

If you are playing open world or regularly testing yourself against harder content like champions or soloing big events like Crucible of Consecration, then yes, the trailblazers if optimal.

If you plan on getting into any form of instanced content like Strikes or Fractals, the vipers is by far a better option.

If you are in the position where both are not an option I would start with the trailblazers and farm OW metas until you had the money/currencies for the second set and move on to instanced content in the Vipers.

TBH condi SB is easy to stay alive so I would go for Viper who is a more versatile set than TB.

TB is very good but it's mainly for solo/pug. If you got an organized team or play often with other people (friend or meta event) you don't really need TB.