After months I cameback and gw2 pvp still have the worst players from all games I ever played before, why?

anjo.6143

The wrong audience (pve lol) and no marketing for players that play pvp based games

And yes the lack of ingame tutorials, matches against bots and a low player base are big reasons 

A few years ago the players where a lot better in general, but in the past 2 years many people have left

Edited by Avatar.3568
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

A few years ago the players where a lot better in general, but in the past 2 years many people have left

I dont know where you got that idea? Especially in EU thats not the case at all. 

Some bigger names left but the overall skillevel increased at plat+.

A few years ago i could play any build in to the top 30-50. Now i really have to play specs im good with to stay in the top 250 even. 

But i guess this is about bronze / silver games or? At that level its filled with just for dailies players. Ppl who dont care about winning or playing well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, razaelll.8324 said:

what exactly do you mean by worst players?

No skill with fingers, no clue about skill sinergy, no clue about classes sinergy, no clue about rotation, no clue about kiting, no clue about map mechanics, no clue about conquest class roles, no clue about opening strategies, no clue about good builds for their classes, I mean, I have never see something like that in any other pvp in my entire life

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Locuz.2651 said:

I dont know where you got that idea? Especially in EU thats not the case at all. 

A few years ago i could play any build in to the top 30-50. Now i really have to play specs im good with to stay in the top 250 even. 

But i guess this is about bronze / silver games or? At that level its filled with just for dailies players. Ppl who dont care about winning or playing well. 

At least on NA, there is no population to fill a 5x5 game with only plats I guess

1 hour ago, Locuz.2651 said:

Idk when you played but compared to 2019 or early 2020 this good player base feels halfed. In case of builds idk, I play 6 builds in ranked and outside from sometimes feed, I have the feeling it wouldn't made the difference at all because the matchmaking is all over the place 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

No skill with fingers, no clue about skill sinergy, no clue about classes sinergy, no clue about rotation, no clue about kiting, no clue about map mechanics, no clue about conquest class roles, no clue about opening strategies, no clue about good builds for their classes, I mean, I have never see something like that in any other pvp in my entire life

And where do you get you statistics on that if i may ask. Because to me it looks like you are over exaggerating a lot with your statement.

But it might be a region problem.

Edited by razaelll.8324
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, razaelll.8324 said:

And where do you get you statistics on that if i may ask. Because to me it looks like you are over exaggerating a lot with your statement.

But it might be a region problem.

Nah he is right. The start of the season is a total shitshow. Got a condi Berserker and Chrono on my team, most crapped on specks on the game, you also have to be double mad to run berserker in ranked after the condition management nerfs of the last patch. 3 man "ganks" lasting enough time for the enemy team to cap 2 points, no one stomping, no one cleaving, no one hitting their ccs, no one rotating and decaping at least,  people hovering around fights staring, like no one is even trying.

Best example I have is that I had to explain how fields work to someone with more games played than me.   

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Nah he is right. The start of the season is a total shitshow. Got a condi Berserker and Chrono on my team, most crapped on specks on the game, you also have to be double mad to run berserker in ranked after the condition management nerfs of the last patch. 3 man "ganks" lasting enough time for the enemy team to cap 2 points, no one stomping, no one cleaving, no one hitting their ccs, no one rotating and decaping at least,  people hovering around fights staring, like no one is even trying.

Best example I have is that I had to explain how fields work to someone with more games played than me.   

TBH fields combo are so badly explained in the game that most of the people dunno how it works

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Ngl but condi berserker is a strong build

• Haha 4

Not their fault, most of them are PvE players doing their dailies, or achievements, or farming chests/gold/ascended shards to get ascended armor and trinkets, even legendary armor There are a lot of PvE rewards in PvP so we have a lot of new players and it's not like they will become decent or good fast. Takes time to become decent at one class, if you care of course.

Edited by Levijeh.9643
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 11:48 AM, Avatar.3568 said:

The wrong audience (pve lol) and no marketing for players that play pvp based games

And yes the lack of ingame tutorials, matches against bots and a low player base are big reasons 

If you fight with and against bots, it's more or less PvE... So I guess it's the proper audience that's targeted.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/27/2021 at 4:10 PM, Guirssane.7082 said:

TBH fields combo are so badly explained in the game that most of the people dunno how it works

But is kind of crazy a person jumps to RANKED before even know what is and how combo works, right?

• Like 1

An absolutely atrocious MMR that targets a win rate of 50% instead of matching u with peers of similar rank/skill level. Then punishes players by massive deductions in rank points for losing just because the MMR places them on the wrong team.
Literally  atrocious...

• Like 2

I think it is becouse the map control is so much different from other games and it's just too much for a new player to figure and one veteran player cant carry the whole game through so many objectives. I was playing my 4th game when I become suspicious that capture points wont turn any faster based on the number of players standing on them (in most games I have played, they do). Noobs rushing to help their team of downed players without realizing the fight is already over and they are just running to their death. Every map also has a game chaning special objective (apart from Djinn, which I think is rather pointless?) that should be contested even harder than defending capture points.

I also noticed that PVP is the fastest way to do your daily missions. Usually 1 game completes all 3 objectives, vs visiting 3 far away pve zones to view vista, complete events and harvest materials. So it might be some people are in pvp queue just for that.

I have been having a headache in battlegrounds for 3 days now. Last friday I tought pvp was fun and I had 2 wins more than losses. last saturday when I stopped playing I had 14 losses more than wins and a losing streak of 9 games in a row.... I refuse to accept I'd be wrose pvp player than 50% of the player base. In every single moba game, my solo win % is between 51-54%. Now I have been playing to correct that statistic and already made it 3 games away from 50/50 today but dropped back to 6 games now... Sometimes really feel like I want to hit my head on the desk when I see what my team mates are doing...

Edited by Sinolai.3860
grammar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 8:00 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

if ur continously put on Low performing teams.. ur in a Low bracket.

Except for being plat and get silvers on match,  cause there is only 50 ppl with 1600+ points?

On 5/31/2021 at 6:22 PM, Sinolai.3860 said:

I think it is becouse the map control is so much different from other games and it's just too much for a new player to figure and one veteran player cant carry the whole game through so many objectives. I was playing my 4th game when I become suspicious that capture points wont turn any faster based on the number of players standing on them (in most games I have played, they do). Noobs rushing to help their team of downed players without realizing the fight is already over and they are just running to their death. Every map also has a game chaning special objective (apart from Djinn, which I think is rather pointless?) that should be contested even harder than defending capture points.

I also noticed that PVP is the fastest way to do your daily missions. Usually 1 game completes all 3 objectives, vs visiting 3 far away pve zones to view vista, complete events and harvest materials. So it might be some people are in pvp queue just for that.

I have been having a headache in battlegrounds for 3 days now. Last friday I tought pvp was fun and I had 2 wins more than losses. last saturday when I stopped playing I had 14 losses more than wins and a losing streak of 9 games in a row.... I refuse to accept I'd be wrose pvp player than 50% of the player base. In every single moba game, my solo win % is between 51-54%. Now I have been playing to correct that statistic and already made it 3 games away from 50/50 today but dropped back to 6 games now... Sometimes really feel like I want to hit my head on the desk when I see what my team mates are doing...

There is no tuto or nothing, sadly the players go to pvp with no clue of what to do or what role are they doing

4 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

Except for being plat and get silvers on match,  cause there is only 50 ppl with 1600+ points

I'm Gold and see more gold players in my team's then silver unless I'm playing at unsociable hours when lower people are on. 

I know high plat and legend do have issues. But I don't see Boyce or people regularly rolling silvers 

For a fix to that problem no idea 🤣 not many get high in the game it seems. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I'm Gold and see more gold players in my team's then silver unless I'm playing at unsociable hours when lower people are on. 

I know high plat and legend do have issues. But I don't see Boyce or people regularly rolling silvers 

For a fix to that problem no idea 🤣 not many get high in the game it seems. 

Hi, yeah I don't have the problem running into Emdrix, Vaans etc unless I get invited into an Tourney at weird hours like  you said. 

Although last night I went vs Emdrix in ranked and it we didn't get face-rolled. 

I actually see a pattern at weird hours so I try to avoid rank. 

Hmmm my suggestion is to play during NA primetime. Most of my recent games have been very close. I queue solo and put in effort to win and always nice to everyone. 

It also helps to have alts 🙂 

Here's how close the games are during NA primetime - and no I didn't hand pick only the games won but also the games lost. I blocked everyone's name out for their privacy. 

NA Primetime - points from both teams

I'm not good and I realistically know my skill limitations. I'm really humbled by the skills of some of the players I've played with and against. 

The percentage of my games won vs lost is above 50%.