Please, let us just get on with it!

Bugrup.4562

Hi folks,

Now that's we're re-doing all the Living World story again, can we please Please PLEASE have an option to skip the endless jabbering on from the NPCs, and just get on with it.

The original cutscenes with the "Skip to end" button were fine, but now that everything is just in the world you can't skip it, and they just won't shut the fruitbat up!!!

I've gone and made a sandwich and come back, and they're still jabbering on, and the quest still hasn't advanced.

Add to that the fact that it's a) often hard to position yourself to see all the speech bubbles, and b) the speech bubbles go behind everything else on the screen, like names, it was tedious enough the first time though. Now I just alt-tab away and browse the 'net for a bit.

So please, pretty please, can we have some option that just skips all the NPC chat and lets us get on with actually playing the game!

Thanks!

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

On 5/27/2021 at 10:09 AM, Mortifera.6138 said:

You'd rather they regress to visual novel cutscenes?

I am pretty sure that is not what the OP meant, but IMO it wouldn't be regression. Besides the QoL feature to skip dialogue, you also had full facial expression with the mouth syncing with the words - I really miss that. Now all characters are only moving their jaw when talking*, which I consider regression.

Edit: *) In some instances, their mouths don't even open when they speak. That's how far away we have moved from full, realistic facial expressions. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Tom.8029 said:

I don't know about you, but it's been like 6+ years since I've played this story.  I'm kind of enjoying re-treading old story, maybe learning some things I might have forgotten or missed.

I agree. Now some of it is definitely cringe cheese, but the rest is kinda nice to come back to and refresh/remember.

• Like 2

Totally agree with the OP.  One, the story is dire, absolutely dire.  Most of it is about those two women slobbering over each other, why don't they just get a room and give us a break from that wet stuff?

Then you have the pointless oh-so-boring pointless mobs to fight, followed by a even more boring boss fight.  I must have died on one of these boss fight 180 times simply because there was nowhere you could walk without getting blown up or tossed into the air.  Frustrating boring and painful.  Hey A-Net, don't you know it's suppose to be fun?

I only play story missions for the map or loot.  Before I do one I take a bottle of Valium washed down with two bottles of whisky.  That deadens the pain and tedium somewhat.

Almost forgot.  The majority of the story missions are bugged to hell and back.  Just let us buy the extra maps and unlocks and spare us the pain.

Edited by Joote.4081
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Apparently, it also renders you incapable of killing a simple boss without dying. Maybe a bit more valium, to also render you incapable to post the same sad diatribe in at least 3 threads?

Comment discuss but please refrain from personal insults.  This forum is for us to put forward our feeling, feedback and idea's on the game.  It's not a place to vent on your fellow GW2 players.  Keep in civil.

• Confused 3

19 hours ago, Joote.4081 said:

Totally agree with the OP.  One, the story is dire, absolutely dire.  Most of it is about those two women slobbering over each other, why don't they just get a room and give us a break from that wet stuff?

Then you have the pointless oh-so-boring pointless mobs to fight, followed by a even more boring boss fight.  I must have died on one of these boss fight 180 times simply because there was nowhere you could walk without getting blown up or tossed into the air.  Frustrating boring and painful.  Hey A-Net, don't you know it's suppose to be fun?

I only play story missions for the map or loot.  Before I do one I take a bottle of Valium washed down with two bottles of whisky.  That deadens the pain and tedium somewhat.

Almost forgot.  The majority of the story missions are bugged to hell and back.  Just let us buy the extra maps and unlocks and spare us the pain.

A boss fight that's boring but killed you '180 times'--misnomer much? Also, it's Dry Top...if you are geared (like at all) you shouldn't be capable of getting downed, let alone dying.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

And maybe you could respect your fellow players by not making all these threads abiout you and your edgy disses of the game.

I'm not making them.  Op is not me.  Maybe you should be attacking him/her.

Besides, if you don't like what I say just move on.  No need to start slagging people for their opinions.

• Confused 5

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

A boss fight that's boring but killed you '180 times'--misnomer much? Also, it's Dry Top...if you are geared (like at all) you shouldn't be capable of getting downed, let alone dying.  

Yeah this is the thing.  I get to a point that I'm not even trying anymore.  I'm fed-up so I end up farting about.  I found that if you go for a walk and leave them to it they tend to kill themselves.

I love good long boss fights were your skills actually work and the reward is good, but these story bosses are pathetic.

• Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

I'm not making them.  Op is not me.  Maybe you should be attacking him/her.

Besides, if you don't like what I say just move on.  No need to start slagging people for their opinions.

I didn't say you made the threads, I said that you made them about you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

On 5/30/2021 at 10:42 AM, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I didn't say you made the threads, I said that you made them about you.

And?

You make posts complaining about people complaining so what's your point?

If you have anything constructive to say about the above topic then be my guest,  just get back on topic and stop messing around.  This is not the place to troll people.  Steam that a way >>>

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/31/2021 at 5:04 PM, Joote.4081 said:

And?

You make posts complaining about people complaining so what's your point?

If you have anything constructive to say about the above topic then be my guest,  just get back on topic and stop messing around.  This is not the place to troll people.  Steam that a way >>>

You are allowed to not play the story if you think it's so horrible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2021 at 2:11 PM, Joote.4081 said:

there should be achievements for dying as many times on bosses in living story missions, are you serious?

Cause in my whole life, I've never seen a mmo with such easy fights Sorry to be mean but you can survive in this game by rolling your head on the keyboard (except in raid, fractal, strike and HOT).

There is always plenty of places to survive against these bosses, you just need to learn how to move effectively in space instead of spamming 1.

Arena has a lot of flaws but adding difficult content is far from being a special feature from them 😅

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

there should be achievements for dying as many times on bosses in living story missions, are you serious?

Cause in my whole life, I've never seen a mmo with such easy fights Sorry to be mean but you can survive in this game by rolling your head on the keyboard (except in raid, fractal, strike and HOT).

There is always plenty of places to survive against these bosses, you just need to learn how to move effectively in space instead of spamming 1.

Arena has a lot of flaws but adding difficult content is far from being a special feature from them 😅

There's that word.  'Move'  In some of the boss fights to move would be nice.  Knocked over, stand up , thrown in the air, stand up, knocked over.....  Get the picture?  By the time the getting of his kitten animation is half way through he is back on his kitten. 

I haven't the skill to shorten the animation like you pro's.

Dodge, just dodge.  Yeah right.  Which red circle should I dodge into?  I haven't the skills to change the colour of the circles like you pro's.

Edited by Joote.4081

On 6/1/2021 at 7:35 PM, Maikimaik.1974 said:

You are allowed to not play the story if you think it's so horrible.

Pay attention.  I wants the goodies and I only want to pay for them once with real money.  I don't think it's fair for the dev's to ask for a piece of your brain as well.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

Pay attention.  I wants the goodies and I only want to pay for them once with real money.  I don't think it's fair for the dev's to ask for a piece of your brain as well.

What are these goodies you want so badly that you're inflicting such suffering upon yourself?

7 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

What are these goodies you want so badly that you're inflicting such suffering upon yourself?

I have to ask.  Do you actually play this game or are you just a casual migrating troll?  Sorry but you do seem to be out of the present loop.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

I have to ask.  Do you actually play this game or are you just a casual migrating troll?  Sorry but you do seem to be out of the present loop.

I've played since early launch, I have all living world meta achievements completed and I genuinely haven't the first clue what these goodies are you keep mentioning you're willing to pay actual money for.

• Like 3

On 6/4/2021 at 6:58 AM, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I've played since early launch, I have all living world meta achievements completed and I genuinely haven't the first clue what these goodies are you keep mentioning you're willing to pay actual money for.

I can only imagine the word being a English word associated with shinny's, loot, gift's, surprises, or something in general that is useful is not to common in your district.

Let's leave it at that shall we?

1 minute ago, Joote.4081 said:

I can only imagine the word being a English word associated with shinny's, loot, gift's, surprises, or something in general that is useful is not to common in your district.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

The story contains virtually no exclusive rewards, so I'd be very appreciative if you could provide some examples of those "goodies".

On 6/3/2021 at 10:58 PM, Joote.4081 said:

Dodge, just dodge.  Yeah right.  Which red circle should I dodge into?  I haven't the skills to change the colour of the circles like you pro's.

You don't have to dodge out of a circle. If you time your dodge correctly you can mitigate any damage, as dodging makes you invulnerable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

No, I'd really like to know what this tantrum is about, and it seems I'm not the only one wondering. What specifically do you want to pay for? It's not a hard question, yet you've failed to answer it twice. And if you do feel the need to question my grasp of the English language, best make sure to avoid making as many spelling mistakes as you did. Having said that, I do appreciate the irony. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2