Is the 11k health full glass cannon DH longbow Trapper build op?

DanSH.6143

Question in the title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Zerk DH op?

• No
    • Lol No

1 minute ago, razaelll.8324 said:

Damaging from stealth that uninteractive , getting 1 shoted by invisible traps also

So Thief, Mesmer and Ranger are uninteractive too?

In terms of dmg from stealth, zerker DH is the least offender, as it will mostly use True Shot when Spear of Justice is applied to the target, which reveals the DH. The traps are decent but they don't 1 Shot anyone, if you're talking about Dragon's Maw, Zerk DH doesn't use it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DanSH.6143 said:

So Thief, Mesmer and Ranger are uninteractive too?

In terms of dmg from stealth, zerker DH is the least offender, as it will mostly use True Shot when Spear of Justice is applied to the target, which reveals the DH. The traps are decent but they don't 1 Shot anyone, if you're talking about Dragon's Maw, Zerk DH doesn't use it.

Not exactly but as i said , dh is not overpowered in my opinion, and i am very well aware of how dh works i play it my self sometime and yes thief , mesmer and ranger (depend on the build) are also uninteractive. Why do you think they are nerfed so much.

Thief and mesmer are the most hated classes because they are uninteractive.

Please dont get me wrong i dont want to procced in discussing about the mechanics of the DH, because i am on your side and i am against Trevor's crusade against trapper rune.

Edited by razaelll.8324
  • Like 1

I love DH but i hate Trapper rune. Why? Simple! A simple rune carry the whole build. Its like a new traitline on a spec but on a rune lol. Lets think about it: 

What does Trapper rune give ya?

Exactly 3 seconds stealth and 3 seconds superspeed. 

What did this rune also?

It pushes traps from a high damage aoe skill what also slow you into a trap with high damage that slow you and made your enemy fast enough to outrun ya and give him stealth so he could open ub a fight out of no where.

• Like 3

It's dangerous, yes, but also easily outplayed. The DH trapper is EXTREMELY fragile and once they expend their trap burst, their damage output is pretty mediocre. This means they make prime targets for focusing right off the bat, since most DH trappers either don't bother with defense or don't know how to keep themselves alive once attention switches to them. They're kind of like the full Zerk Greatsword Berserkers; focus them early and they'll barely bother you, but if you leave them alive to get off their bursts in the middle of a point fight, you WILL regret it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

I love DH but i hate Trapper rune. Why? Simple! A simple rune carry the whole build. Its like a new traitline on a spec but on a rune lol. Lets think about it: 

What does Trapper rune give ya?

Exactly 3 seconds stealth and 3 seconds superspeed. 

What did this rune also?

It pushes traps from a high damage aoe skill what also slow you into a trap with high damage that slow you and made your enemy fast enough to outrun ya and give him stealth so he could open ub a fight out of no where.

Why shouldn't runes be an important part of a build? Guardians are generally very reliant pn runes, be it Lynx for mobility or Soldier for Cleanse. 

In my opinion most of the runes are pretty bad, we need runes buffed not nerfed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, DanSH.6143 said:

Why shouldn't runes be an important part of a build? Guardians are generally very reliant pn runes, be it Lynx for mobility or Soldier for Cleanse. 

In my opinion most of the runes are pretty bad, we need runes buffed not nerfed.

Because this rune doesn't follow the same rules every other rune has to. Resistance runes used to have a 20 second CD for 4 seconds of Resistance and even they go nerfed while trapper gets 3 seconds of Superspeed and Stealth with no ICD.  Regardless of if other runes need buffing, Trapper runes need a drastic nerf. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Because this rune doesn't follow the same rules every other rune has to. Resistance runes used to have a 20 second CD for 4 seconds of Resistance and even they go nerfed while trapper gets 3 seconds of Superspeed and Stealth with no ICD.  Regardless of if other runes need buffing, Trapper runes need a drastic nerf. 

To be fair only 2 classes can run the rune and it doesnt even make them Meta they are more niche than anything.

1 hour ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

There are plenty of runes that don't have any cd for their effect, like Soldier Runes for example.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, razaelll.8324 said:

Not exactly 

https://youtu.be/QxWpd4azgxg

but hitting for 10k when you have 11k isn't really a great tradeoff.

this is my typical warrior rotation

to recap: 10,660 Decapitate > 11,578 Dual Strike > 24,247 Cyclone Axe > 13,673 Decapitate.

4 attacks, 60k damage, and it was initiated with a stun (they're usually down before the stun ends)

my warrior has 2 stunbreaks, resistance, condi clear, leap escape, stability, 3 seconds of block and 19k health.

or typical soul beast rotation!

to recap: 20,311 Maul > 15,542 Maul > 8,203 Smoke Assault > 17,930 Worldly Impact.

4 attacks, 62k damage all initiated with a stunlock from stealth,

by a character with 2 blocks (one lasting 6 seconds), leap escape, 2 stealths an evade and 16k health.

note: i'm not sharing  my gifs to try to flex or say i'm a good player, i'm very average,

but for the zerker playstyle there are classes who can do it much better, much easier and much safer.

dragonhunter zerker just doesn't have the damage to warrant that miniscule healthpool

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Liewec.2896 said:

but hitting for 10k when you have 11k isn't really a great tradeoff.

this is my typical warrior rotation

to recap: 10,660 Decapitate > 11,578 Dual Strike > 24,247 Cyclone Axe > 13,673 Decapitate.

4 attacks, 60k damage, and it was initiated with a stun (they're usually down before the stun ends)

my warrior has 2 stunbreaks, resistance, condi clear, leap escape, stability, 3 seconds of block and 19k health.

or typical soul beast rotation!

to recap: 20,311 Maul > 15,542 Maul > 8,203 Smoke Assault > 17,930 Worldly Impact.

4 attacks, 62k damage all initiated with a stunlock from stealth,

by a character with 2 blocks (one lasting 6 seconds), leap escape, 2 stealths an evade and 16k health.

note: i'm not sharing  my gifs to try to flex or say i'm a good player, i'm very average,

but for the zerker playstyle there are classes who can do it much better, much easier and much safer.

dragonhunter zerker just doesn't have the damage to warrant that miniscule healthpool

This is so full of misinformation.

1.  A PvE styled Warrior spec'd for that kind of damage will die almost instantly on contact before it is able to engage even a bottom 1500 level player. In other words this is no comparison to builds that are actually being used in top 100 play or ATs.
  2. There is absolutely no possible way you are achieving those kinds of numbers on a Soulbeast in 2021 unless 3x things are happening: 1) You are spec'd for some kind of PvE raid damage, which will explode on contact before you are able to engage even a bottom 1500 player, 2) You are somehow massively prebuffed, 3) You are in Eternal Coliseum with the Sword Artifact active. Top damage Power Soulbeasts realistically achieve half those numbers in 2021 even while using One Wolf Pack, which you don't even have active in this gif. My guess is that this gif was create long before this current patching post 33% nerf, long before Maul & WI base damage & coefficient nerfs, long before Marks Mod nerfs, and long before Sic Em nerf.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DanSH.6143 said:

There are plenty of runes that don't have any cd for their effect, like Soldier Runes for example.

Any if them with effects as strong as Trapper? Trooper runes clears 1 condi per shout,  Trapper gives 3 seconds of Superspeed and stealth per trap. Very very very big difference in strength here. 

48 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

There is absolutely no possible way you are achieving those kinds of numbers on a Soulbeast in 2021 unless 3x things are happening: 1) You are spec'd for some kind of PvE raid damage, which will explode on contact before you are able to engage even a bottom 1500 player, 2) You are somehow massively prebuffed, 3) You are in Eternal Coliseum with the Sword Artifact active. Top damage Power Soulbeasts realistically achieve half those numbers in 2021 even while using One Wolf Pack,

nope these are both fairly recent, soulbeast clip is from March,

only change since is a slight buff from the recent "Furious Strength: Increased bonus damage from 7% to 10%." buff.

but you're right its about half the hilarity that it used to be, before the soulbeast nerf it was absolutely hilarious.

as for "exploding on sight" both characters have blocks and escapes, ranger is susceptible to condis though.

but i don't wanna get too far off topic, i just don't think there is a reason for guardians to be sitting on 11k health when classes that can do way more damage are sitting on 50-100% more.

Edited by Liewec.2896

5 hours ago, Exile.8160 said:

To be fair only 2 classes can run the rune and it doesnt even make them Meta they are more niche than anything.

Trapper rune was very much meta during Burn Trappers peak, and the fact that only two classes can use them is probably one of the only things saving them from getting butchered. Resistance runes were far weaker in comparison but usable on a large variety of builds yet they get nerfed into oblivion and then nerfed even more with the Resistance changes. 

Add in that the two builds that do run Trapper runes are some of the most frustrating and annoying builds to deal with, in my opinion, I'd say a nerf to the runes is warranted. Traps are an obsolete concept in the game at this point anyway and this rune is the only thing keeping them relevant because of how incredibly overtuned it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2