We have a lovely community

DanSH.6143

Just had a match in Revenge of the Capricorn. We were leading by about 100 points, won the first bell objective. 

At the second bell objective, we fought what ended up being 3v4 and lost.

One of the players then started to blame the other 2, calling them idiots for not coming to the bell, and then proceeded to afk the entire match.

We played for about 5 minutes without him, actually still being in the lead up until the last minute or so.

He refused to continue playing, still calling us names. causing us to lose the match.

before the match ended I asked in map chat to report that player, and after the match ended got a whisper by one of the enemy players "trap spammer crying 2 much". 

So yeah, thought I'd share this experience lol.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

This is nothing new. Every game that has ever had PvP, has also always attracted terrible people. The kinds of people who take video games way too seriously and who should probably go outside and get some sun light every once in a while. I doubt there's a game that has PvP that doesn't have these kind of tryhards.

These people will always exist. They'll never go away. Better to ignore them, rather than give them validation.

But outside of PvP, yes, Guild Wars 2 does have a lovely community. (Unless you're a Commander on Verdant Brink and your map failed even by a small margin.) 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Keitaro Dragonheart.9047 said:

This is nothing new. Every game that has ever had PvP, has also always attracted terrible people. The kinds of people who take video games way too seriously and who should probably go outside and get some sun light every once in a while. I doubt there's a game that has PvP that doesn't have these kind of tryhards.

These people will always exist. They'll never go away. Better to ignore them, rather than give them validation.

But outside of PvP, yes, Guild Wars 2 does have a lovely community. (Unless you're a Commander on Verdant Brink and your map failed even by a small margin.) 

True, the PvE community in GW2 is the best I've ever seen in an mmo.

In PvP it's just a loud minority, but it's still worse than any other game I played including mobas.

In my opinion Anet doesn't do enough to ban these toxic players, atleast from pvp. If you've been reported several times for match manipulation (such as afking intentionaly), you should atleast get a month long ban from pvp.

22 minutes ago, DanSH.6143 said:

In PvP it's just a loud minority, but it's still worse than any other game I played including mobas.

In my opinion Anet doesn't do enough to ban these toxic players, atleast from pvp. If you've been reported several times for match manipulation (such as afking intentionaly), you should atleast get a month long ban from pvp.

You sure about the PVE, pretty sure people are twats in there too , in the content that lets say has some difficulty like fractals and raids. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

You sure about the PVE, pretty sure people are twats in there too , in the content that lets say has some difficulty like fractals and raids. 

Didn't know that. But atleast everywhere else people are very nice. 

In pvp even in unranked people rage at you.

36 minutes ago, DanSH.6143 said:

That is far from true in my opinion, the community in wow pvp is way worse in LoL too and many other pvp games.

Every competitive pvp has toxic environment gw2 is not special in that regard , to be honest the toxicity level is acutally on the lower end of my personal experience from all of the games i have played.

• Like 1

Its a PvP mode, what did you expect lol. Its like touching boiling water and being surprised that its actually hot.
GW2 is not so toxic like lets say LoL (there you can receive death threats even if you play ARAM) because ppl know its far from being competetive but theres one thing gw2 has and what provides more toxicity than any other mechanic in lets say MMOs. Its downed state. Youre put in a position where you cant do anything, lying on the ground and enemy can jump on you, teabag, on wvw even throw like sieges and things. And you can just watch. Im still impressed that ANet allowed this mechanic, considering how "family friendly" and soft company it is. Fun stuff

• Like 2

It's impossible to prevent toxic behavior in a competitive game mode. The best you can do is not respond or let it affect you. In-game, I try to be as pleasant and courteous as possible. To make things light here's some positivity I've experienced from other PvPers...

There was a time I played on invisible mode to avoid toxicity. Since I can't be PM'd, I was surprised to get mail from people on my team when I queued solo:

(sorry I cant post pics anymore)

Friendly pvp mail - (I'm not a guy tho but that doesn't really matter)

Another friendly pvp mail - w/ a gift

Mailed Gifts - pvp 

Mailed Gold - pvp

These days I'm always online. Here's a PM from the opposing team (recent)

PM from opposing team - he was referring to the 6 medals tho I don't really care about those. 

I blocked their names for their privacy. 

And no, I'm not a good player at all. I've also experienced toxic behavior but I just laugh and ignore. Most of the time, ppl are not so bad. But there ARE some really angry ones out there. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 6:50 PM, razaelll.8324 said:

That is far from true in my opinion, the community in wow pvp is way worse in LoL too and many other pvp games.

Every competitive pvp has toxic environment gw2 is not special in that regard , to be honest the toxicity level is acutally on the lower end of my personal experience from all of the games i have played.

Maybe it's because you're a nice person, thus the low toxicity experienced 🙂

53 minutes ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

Maybe it's because you're a nice person, thus the low toxicity experienced 🙂

I believe that toxicity can bother you only if you allow it... You cannot controll how other people act and react to stuff, but you can controll your actions and reactions...

Edited by razaelll.8324

On 6/3/2021 at 6:40 PM, Keitaro Dragonheart.9047 said:

Pve players will always call pvp toxic and ignore the pve elitism and toxicity at low dps,  low hps, off meta utilities, off meta gear, dummy parses, class composition, etc. The moral of the story is people are kitten everywhere, and also there is no need to make a forum post about how toxic people are. If you cant have a laugh at madtyping, then block. 

2 hours ago, ellesee.8297 said:

Pve players will always call pvp toxic and ignore the pve elitism and toxicity at low dps,  low hps, off meta utilities, off meta gear, dummy parses, class composition, etc. The moral of the story is people are kitten everywhere, and also there is no need to make a forum post about how toxic people are. If you cant have a laugh at madtyping, then block. 

I guess all of the threads calling out toxicity in Raids, Fractals and Strike Missions were just a hallucination then.... 🤔

15 minutes ago, Keitaro Dragonheart.9047 said:

I guess all of the threads calling out toxicity in Raids, Fractals and Strike Missions were just a hallucination then.... 🤔

PVE toxicity is little bit more pretentious it has a whole etiquette on how to be kitten in there, in pvp we are barbarians and we don't have time for that so we are more obvious with the no no words. But what is better a long engrained toxicity in the mode or a swear word spat when people blow steam that will be forgotten in a game or two.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

PVE toxicity is little bit more pretentious it has a whole etiquette on how to be kitten in there, in pvp we are barbarians and we don't have time for that so we are more obvious with the no no words. But what is better a long engrained toxicity in the mode or a swear word spat when people blow steam that will be forgotten in a game or two.

I assumed that most people agreed that a jerk is a jerk, but now we're breaking out the measuring sticks to see which group of jerks is a worse? Wow. There are no words. 😆

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ellesee.8297 said:

Oh pve is worse by far. The only toxic people in pvp arent actually pvp players, rather wvwers or pvers who want achievement points or money.

And it's official; we're pointing fingers and shouting "he said, she said" like little children. It seems that game forums are always producing solid gold for people who like to gather around a garbage fire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

See we found the PVE guy, telling us the unwashed masses how bad and smelly we are.

Look children that is how you do proper toxicity , not the unga bunga with bad words. 

The mind of a child is truly a wonderful thing.

On a serious note, yes there are jerks in both PvP and PvE. But this topic was about PvP. I didn't think it had to be mentioned that there are toxic players in PvE, because most of us are aware of that. Regardless of game mode, a jerk is a jerk. Hmm. Deja vu -- I do believe I already said that. 🤔

Edited by Keitaro Dragonheart.9047
  • Like 1