FYI Return to Caithe's Reconnaisance Squad Requires fresh character

I have done the archievment 2 times, got all 3 story-archievments, but it doesn't count for  "Return to silverwastes 1".

What could do?

What should your QA do?

EDIT: ok, done with a char which hasn't the story yet ... no success 😞

Edited by Nagiil.1230
  • Like 1

This is because that part of the story is not finished, you also have to speak with an npc outside the instance;

that means you have to play this story from the beginning, also doing the parts not instanced.

Edited by hash.8462

It only works if you are doing the story (green star)...

it doesn't works if you just restart the story and start the purple star instance.

At the moment, the only way to do it is:

- Start or Restart "Episode 5 - Echoes of the Past"

- Go to Kessex Hills and complete the instance: "The Ghosts of Fort Salma"

- Check the mail

- Go to Brisban and talk to a scout

- Go to Silverwastes and complete the instance: "Reunion with the Pact"
- Complete the instance: "Caithe's Reconnaissance Squad"

- Check your mail for "Calling in a Favor"

- Report to Pact Tactician Envoltt

Edited by hash.8462
  • Like 1

when you return to camp resolve after the mission, if you look the mission tells you to report to a npc in camp resolve.

you don't get the sword and shield official finish until you talk to that npc and then it will give you the achievement, the mission isn't bugged you are just not finishing it all the way. 

plus as mentioned before the chapter doesn't complete properly if you replay the mission for achievements because it won't give you the npc to talk to after because you have to be on the mission in the story, try restarting the chapter and playing it through from the start.

Edited by Whitestar.6497
  • Like 1

I don't know if someone has already said this but you don't need a fresh character at all, just restart the chapter in your story tab and play the whole chapter from the start and you will be transported to the npc after the mission, if like some people say you need to receive a mail make sure you don't have an old copy of the mail sitting in your mailbox, this sometimes stops new copies being sent and progressing restarted chapters.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Whitestar.6497 said:

I don't know if someone has already said this but you don't need a fresh character at all, just restart the chapter in your story tab and play the whole chapter from the start and you will be transported to the npc after the mission, if like some people say you need to receive a mail make sure you don't have an old copy of the mail sitting in your mailbox, this sometimes stops new copies being sent and progressing restarted chapters.

true history , thx men , i do it and work ❤️

10 minutes ago, Kraggy.4169 said:

Doesn't work, the Asura doesn't have anything to say and won't complete the mission like the Wiki says he does!

That's because the story does not progress when doing it out of order per the warning you got when going to the instance directly through the purple icon.  The only way to access those steps after the instance is to progress the story up to that point.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ParadoX.3124 said:

First lamas, then this, what next ? Can you test things ? Do you need one full week or more to fix it ?

There is nothing to fix. You do the missions and you get your achievements. It is not Anet's fault people are not completing the storymissions all the way thru and then claiming it is a bug when they get no achievement pop.

21 hours ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

Is there some part of this you don't understand, Ayrilana?

On a side note, I just did all the steps to this mission, and it still didn't take. Edit: You have to talk to Tactician Envoltt in the main camp for it to take and finish.😘

Yes, and it's that step that doesn't work when using the purple replay marker .. which ANet above clearly say is not WAI, in spite of how some of the defenders of ANet are arguing it IS WAI!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/8/2021 at 10:54 PM, Ayrilana.1396 said:

You’re claiming an issue when there isn’t one. 

I also responded to another post of yours where you’re doing it from the purple instance. So…

I did whole story from start,  ended in point of no return, but caithes recon squad didnt count in... i didnt do any puprple story... full clears. So where is that "no problem" ?

6 hours ago, intox.6347 said:

I did whole story from start,  ended in point of no return, but caithes recon squad didnt count in... i didnt do any puprple story... full clears. So where is that "no problem" ?

"Point of No Return" is next week.  As far as not getting credit then you'd be the first.  Those who did the story from the beginning of the episode got credit when they spoke with the NPC after the instance.  Those who entered from the purple marker did not get credit because the story does not progress by completing it that way and the NPC after the instance was unavailable.  Anet made changes this week to provide credit by just completing the instance itself. 

12 hours ago, intox.6347 said:

Did you read your mail and talk to the Asura in silverwaste after the mission?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just went through Living World Season and followed every instruction it told me to do in the top right corner, and at the end, I had 3 chapters I didn't get credit for. Caithe's Reconnaissance Squad was one of them. Hidden Arcana was another. I can't remember the third. It wasn't in the same chapter as those 2. If it told me to do something in the top right, I did it.

Now that I think about it and read the Wiki descriptions, I remember doing Hidden Arcana last night, but I don't remember doing Caithe's Reconnaissance Squad before it. I wonder if somehow I skipped it. I don't even remember doing The Ghosts of Fort Salma that came before it. I definitely did the World's Summit though.

Well, I'll just replay from the start of Ghosts again and see what happens.

1 hour ago, matthewr.3980 said:

I just went through Living World Season and followed every instruction it told me to do in the top right corner, and at the end, I had 3 chapters I didn't get credit for. Caithe's Reconnaissance Squad was one of them. Hidden Arcana was another. I can't remember the third. It wasn't in the same chapter as those 2. If it told me to do something in the top right, I did it.

Now that I think about it and read the Wiki descriptions, I remember doing Hidden Arcana last night, but I don't remember doing Caithe's Reconnaissance Squad before it. I wonder if somehow I skipped it. I don't even remember doing The Ghosts of Fort Salma that came before it. I definitely did the World's Summit though.

Well, I'll just replay from the start of Ghosts again and see what happens.

This is the reason I did all the living world return stories on a character who dident do it before.