Was Signet of Fire recently changed?

Eraden.8740

A little while back I seem to recall being able to click my Signet of Fire button and it would immediately or almost immediately activate. Now, however, I can press the button and I have to wait one or two seconds before it actually activates. This has thrown off my timing a little bit and I was wondering if it was a change to the skill or something else. None of my other skills seem to be any different.

Don't know what they changed, but it seems easily interrupted now. That maybe why you feel the activation delay. For example, before, I could tap it then watch for the start animation, and immediately queue up the next skill. The game will still fully activate Signet of Fire before casting the next queued skill. Now it will interrupt Signet of Fire and cast the next skill instead. That trains the user to wait for Signet of Fire to fully finished casting before pressing the next skill (full animation time is ~ 1s). Maybe that why it feels like the timing is off.

44 minutes ago, Vindicate.6951 said:

Not that I am aware of, they nerfed the dmg of it for whatever hating ele reason but besides that it still works the same for me 😄

Its a possible nerf. Let's be a bit more accurate when describing things. More time does equal more time for it to be cleansed but it also means a condi build does way more damage due to the tics. If you meant more of a possible nerf in wvw/pvp that is fair but its not much of one in PVE.

Doesnt matter if its not that much one in PvE, its a nerf without any logical argument.

First They slightly boosted condition damage to make it have better sustain than power only to next time nerf it again, I mean for real?

And on raw paper it is a nerf, burn stacks reduced by half and duration only increased from 6 to 10, if it were doubled one could argue about it but it was unnecessary and questionable as so many weaver nerfs.

4 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

Its a possible nerf. Let's be a bit more accurate when describing things. More time does equal more time for it to be cleansed but it also means a condi build does way more damage due to the tics. If you meant more of a possible nerf in wvw/pvp that is fair but its not much of one in PVE.

I think they say it's about -200 DPS nerf. 

3 hours ago, Vindicate.6951 said:

its a nerf without any logical argument

We know why it's nerf, the same reason they've been nerfing all classes condi burst damage. They don't want condi burst to be as high as it is this signet has been reported to be needing to be nerfed for years. 

The issue is the compensation was too low and it didn't rly need to lose DPS for it. 

The nerfs justified to signet specifically . The problem is they are still refusing to give the build any sorta utility which is leaving it in a pretty bad state. 

But this is the thing. Smacking alacrity mirage with nerfs on this, firebrand and things also didn't rly matter. They bring utility which secures their position. 

But they have been nerfing condi burst since 11th may and they did say they want it toned down. 

The issue is they should revert the change to breakbars. Not just keeping nerfing condi individually 

Edited by Daddy.8125

1 hour ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I think they say it's about -200 DPS nerf. 

We know why it's nerf, the same reason they've been nerfing all classes condi burst damage. They don't want condi burst to be as high as it is this signet has been reported to be needing to be nerfed for years. 

The issue is the compensation was too low and it didn't rly need to lose DPS for it. 

The nerfs justified to signet specifically . The problem is they are still refusing to give the build any sorta utility which is leaving it in a pretty bad state. 

But this is the thing. Smacking alacrity mirage with nerfs on this, firebrand and things also didn't rly matter. They bring utility which secures their position. 

But they have been nerfing condi burst since 11th may and they did say they want it toned down. 

The issue is they should revert the change to breakbars. Not just keeping nerfing condi individually 

Sure. What doesn't make sense is other condi classes got mega buffed aside from the breakbar buff.  The torment buff was absolutely massive for scourge, in particular, which received additional condi buffs on top of that.  It's really disappointing that the classes with viable or even meta healer/support roles are also outdoing condi weaver on damage while having a much easier time of doing it.

This class should not have zero utility, no range, no weapon swap, no boons, and still only be capable of topping these much more versatile builds when the stars align and you get a large hitbox target that doesn't move or use area denial.  Weaver is totally playable and I love the way it feels, but do you guys over at ANet think you could throw us a freakin' bone here already?  If it's okay to give out buffs like candy to everyone else, why does this class only get nerfs?

• Like 1

im not sure about signet of fire, but i can say that some of my scepter skills fail to fire when i press keys from prepatch muscle memory, so i wouldnt be surprised if this was actually a thing

1 hour ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Yeah scourge is becoming the new cheesy class with FB, even in fractals.

20k HP, -15% damage reduction, barriers + easy dps and some other utilities.

theres something off about how cfb and scg perform in fractals (dps wise, not even considering utility) which doesnt reflect how they perform outside of fractals. im trying to figure out what it is

for those who are curious, if you happen to be running a non (power) meta comp and are dps, these are the only two builds you want to be playing if you want to top the charts

Edited by Noodle Ant.1605

3 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Sure. What doesn't make sense is other condi classes got mega buffed aside from the breakbar buff.  The torment buff was absolutely massive for scourge, in particular, which received additional condi buffs on top of that.  It's really disappointing that the classes with viable or even meta healer/support roles are also outdoing condi weaver on damage while having a much easier time of doing it.

This class should not have zero utility, no range, no weapon swap, no boons, and still only be capable of topping these much more versatile builds when the stars align and you get a large hitbox target that doesn't move or use area denial.  Weaver is totally playable and I love the way it feels, but do you guys over at ANet think you could throw us a freakin' bone here already?  If it's okay to give out buffs like candy to everyone else, why does this class only get nerfs?

As far as I'm aware FB got nerfed on the 11th may patch, and scourge was also nerfed on abit on the other one. ..

The problem is as you say, those nerfs are meaningless because they bring utility so having slightly lower DPS is perfectly fine. 

Mesmer and Condi deadeye Both recieved 2 nerfs. 

Edited by Daddy.8125

Torment hits really high now, and scourge earns +25% torment damage + 10% condi damage on F5, + the new weakness debuff after defiance bar which is really an important mechanic in fractals; so it's a triple buff to scourge in fractals as they have very huge burst only with F5 and CC.

Same with burning. FB for sure, but Elem too somewhat.

Others classes still need more time to apply enough condi before CC they are less bursty and not competitive enough compared to Power, but some can be viable, as Condi Deadeye because of some torments.

Plus, even if Scourge DPS isn't the best, the class is just so easy to play it's a very safe choice; no matter if you lose 5 minutes. (Compared to weaver)

Edit : with range, barriers (scholar uptime), cleave, vulnerability, some might, boonstrip, condiconversion, stab, grasp/cc...  It has excellent utilities for Fractals, it allow ren to not play Mallyx, FB to not play harrier/minstrel, war to play with less cc...

So even if Scourge's DPS isn't as high as a power build, your group DPS can increase. (In theory, considering pug meta)

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

2 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Torment hits really high now, and scourge earns +25% torment damage + 10% condi damage on F5, + the new weakness debuff after defiance bar which is really important in fractals; so it's a triple buff to scourge in fractals as they have very huge burst only with F5 and CC.

Same with burning. FB for sure, but Elem too somewhat.

Others classes still need more time to apply enough condi before CC they are less bursty and not competitive enough compared to Power, but some can be viable, as Condi Deadeye because of some torments.

Plus, even if Scourge DPS isn't the best, the class is just so easy to play it's a very safe choice; no matter if you lose 5 minutes. (Compared to weaver)

Oh I'm aware that's why I said they should nerf the blanket buffs they did instead of trying to just randomly nerf Condi builds

Just nerf torment and drop the damage increase on the breakbar Down if they want condis to go down abit

It's the blanket buffing that caused the whole problem. Seems absurd to me that they blanket buff to then try and fix the problem by nerfing builde

Edited by Daddy.8125

15 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Oh I'm aware that's why I said they should nerf the blanket buffs they did instead of trying to just randomly nerf Condi builds

Just nerf torment and drop the damage increase on the breakbar Down if they want condis to go down abit

It's the blanket buffing that caused the whole problem. Seems absurd to me that they blanket buff to then try and fix the problem by nerfing builde

The breakbar buff may need some adjustment, but I would like for it to remain strong enough that condi DPS is competitive with power DPS in fractals.  However, scourge and cfb are still overperforming relative to other condi specs and I think we can all agree that ele has plenty of issues that could be addressed while we're nerfing things like warhorn and fire signet.

39 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

The breakbar buff may need some adjustment, but I would like for it to remain strong enough that condi DPS is competitive with power DPS in fractals.  However, scourge and cfb are still overperforming relative to other condi specs and I think we can all agree that ele has plenty of issues that could be addressed while we're nerfing things like warhorn and fire signet.

Tbh if we were talking of a healthy fix prolly knocking the breakbar down to 75% nerfing torment and then buffing Weavers damage specifically would prolly be the easiest way to draw the line. 

But yeah I can imagine they won't do that 🤣

On 6/12/2021 at 9:38 AM, Vindicate.6951 said:

Not that I am aware of, they nerfed the dmg of it for whatever hating ele reason but besides that it still works the same for me 😄

I'm kind of glad they nerfed it. Makes it feel less mandatory. I hate how boring it is to press, how boring it looks (no animation), and how powerful and obligatory it is. I want to pick more fun options, but when you can inflict 17k burning with one button, well...options become limited. 

19 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

I'm kind of glad they nerfed it. Makes it feel less mandatory. I hate how boring it is to press, how boring it looks (no animation), and how powerful and obligatory it is. I want to pick more fun options, but when you can inflict 17k burning with one button, well...options become limited. 

Not gonna lie I kinda like it cause it was one of the very very few range spells weaver had to inflict some decent damage and keeping uptime on range for a short while.

I do agree with you that its nothing fancy or a screen exploding effect but not everything needs to be an eye-catcher in my opinion 😄

37 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

In PvP you aren't inflicting 17k burning on anything, though.  They will cleanse it.  Which is why it needs 4 stacks rather than 2 to be worth taking.  You'll get 1, maybe 2 ticks if you're lucky because what opponent is going to let that ride?  And it's not like you can do anything about it because as you say you're at range and it's your only real form of ranged pressure.

56 minutes ago, Vindicate.6951 said:

I do agree with you that its nothing fancy or a screen exploding effect but not everything needs to be an eye-catcher in my opinion 😄

Yeah but it doesn't even have a casting animations. Glyph spells for example have very discrete but also very cool animations.