Fort Aspenwood • The Jade Quarry Can we bring something similar back?

Warbie.9360

My favorite part of Factions was the objective map pvp scenarios. I would love to see a similar game style like these again. I know you could argue WvW kind of covers a little of what Fort Aspenwood was about, but i liked that is was better balanced like structured pvp. I'd love to atleast see a throw back, or maybe a stronghold/unranked new match type. And adding a point system with rewards, like reputation with one faction or anything would be nice too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I would love to see that!  I would like to see  a lot more of the Guild Wars 1 ideas weaved into GW2.  FA/JQ was one of the most fun PvP maps in any game.  I would like to see an attack and defend type map, where teams each took turns attacking and defending and the best time wins.  Kind of like old school Unreal Tournament Assault. 

• Like 1

my favourite thing about FA was defending the walls as a longbow ranger!

unfortunately the "height=range" mechanic wasn't carried over from GW1 to GW2.

it was awesome being high on the walls and feeling like a true sniper, firing down on the silly turtle lovers!

2 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

my favourite thing about FA was defending the walls as a longbow ranger!

unfortunately the "height=range" mechanic wasn't carried over from GW1 to GW2.

it was awesome being high on the walls and feeling like a true sniper, firing down on the silly turtle lovers!

Yeah spamming cripple/bleed was hilarious, as was using ice hex ele .. 90% slow is straight up troll, it may as well have been called immobilize. There were some really fun builds there, I enjoyed infusing/protting the guardians too. Pretty much limitless playstyles went into those modes since they weren't as serious. Unfortunately ANet believes if its not uber e-sports worthy then its not worth playing.

If we can hammer it home to Anet that we just want FUN modes, not necessarily balanced modes, then maybe we get a new battleground that isn't abandoned to unranked but I highly doubt it. Much of GW1 pvp was not balanced, but it still rocked.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...