I can not believe that someone had the guts to program this into the game!

The weekly vendor for dragon bash has the audacity to sell [Tyrian Exchange Voucher] for 10 Jorbreakers.

Who in the right mind gave him the ideea that:

1. That thing is worth 70 something gold as the price of the Jorbreaker is above 7 gold each.

2. The other festival sells it for 10 exotic luck essence of luck (basically the essence of luck has absolutly 0 value specially for the ppl who maxed the luck like 4 5 years ago).

3. Getting the same ammount of tokens rewards you in dungeon with what like 10 gold max liquid gold?

I know there is some economy guy there at your office that constantly checks the market and is taking care of the inflation and everything but this is completly out of line Anet.

Overpricing this voucher by thousands of times compared to the new year vendor is a really low move.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Historically Zhaitaffy was limited per day from pinatas. They removed the cap apparently so the price of jorbreakers shouldn't stay that high after the initial surge of laziness. It's probably still going to be overpriced regardless, Tyrian Exchange Vouchers are an common drop in BL chests so I won't expect a major change to that. During Halloween it is 4 candy corn cobs and during Wintersday it is 10 snow diamond which is more or less just as bad.

Dragon Bash historically has been terrible with respect to value, if you look at the ascended accessory Plush Primo with Marauder stats that people normally don't use in PVE it costs 15 Jorbreakers , which is extremely high (120g currently) given it costs 50 ecto through the core Tyria vendor (so usually 10g) from a vendor even if you don't do Bjora Marches for Eternal Ice shards. It can't even be salvaged and has no effects.

This doesn't even include the new accountbound exotic weapons with wanderer stats people generally don't use. If you don't try your luck with dragon coffers each costs 4g +20 Jorbreakers.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Steel.6810 said:

The weekly vendor for dragon bash has the audacity to sell [Tyrian Exchange Voucher] for 10 Jorbreakers.

Who in the right mind gave him the ideea that:

1. That thing is worth 70 something gold as the price of the Jorbreaker is above 7 gold each.

2. The other festival sells it for 10 exotic luck essence of luck (basically the essence of luck has absolutly 0 value specially for the ppl who maxed the luck like 4 5 years ago).

3. Getting the same ammount of tokens rewards you in dungeon with what like 10 gold max liquid gold?

I know there is some economy guy there at your office that constantly checks the market and is taking care of the inflation and everything but this is completly out of line Anet.

Overpricing this voucher by thousands of times compared to the new year vendor is a really low move.

Don't like it, don't buy it. Seems pretty easy, not sure why you care so much, the possibility of skipping content with gold isn't enough?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I've found that almost all the weekly vendors during festivals are not worth the material they're asking for. There are a handful of exceptions to this, but not many in my experience. I'm sure there's a reason they pick the exchanges that they do, but they mostly result in me looking at what's on offer and leaving without a purchase.

Could they leave things as they are? Yes; they're not selling anything groundbreaking. Could they change their rates? Maybe. Would it break anything? Maybe not - Festivals are already time-limited and the exchanges themselves are gated by week. It really does feel like these NPCs are sort of a wasted effort if they're going to be left as they currently are, but it's not that big a deal either if they don't get a tune-up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The vouchers are indeed too overpriced, I understand Anet is planning to bring some grindy stuff into the game with the new content, but please don't make everything a grind to earn, especially a voucher that is not worth 70 gold.

There are people in this community who have a job and a real life and can't grind resources for 24/7 and many of them are the same who support your game with real money.

Edited by Touchme.1097
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I agree it's not worth buying, but I don't understand why that's a problem for players. A Tyrian Exchange Voucher just gives a small amount of map or dungeon currency. If it's not worth buying you can just get the currency another way.

I suspect all the things on the weekly vendors are there for people who have nothing else to do with their festival currency and/or gold or who really don't want to use the conventional method to get the same things. For example people who point-blank refuse to touch dungeons, WvW or PvP and so they have no other way of getting dungeon tokens but want the skins from dungeons.

Although I think it's always worth considering festival currencies are always more expensive in the first few days when people are rushing to get things done ASAP. The price will drop later. Of course the problem here is you can only buy 1 of these per week, but the later ones will be cheaper.

If you want anything not from the weekly vendor I strongly recommend waiting until the end of the festival. I'll want about 30 jorbreakers for the stuff I want to buy, there's no way I'm going to get 30,000 zhaitaffy myself (and I don't think Anet expects anyone to), especially since I'm going to miss about 9-10 days of the festival, but I'm waiting until the last week to buy it.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Historically Zhaitaffy was limited per day from pinatas. They removed the cap apparently so the price of jorbreakers shouldn't stay that high after the initial surge of laziness.

It will. After you pass the cap, you get only 1 zhaitaffy per pinata. That's not high enough to impact anything.

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

It's probably still going to be overpriced regardless, Tyrian Exchange Vouchers are an common drop in BL chests so I won't expect a major change to that. During Halloween it is 4 candy corn cobs and during Wintersday it is 10 snow diamond which is more or less just as bad.

Dragon Bash historically has been terrible with respect to value, if you look at the ascended accessory Plush Primo with Marauder stats that people normally don't use in PVE it costs 15 Jorbreakers , which is extremely high (120g currently) given it costs 50 ecto through the core Tyria vendor (so usually 10g) from a vendor even if you don't do Bjora Marches for Eternal Ice shards. It can't even be salvaged and has no effects.

This doesn't even include the new accountbound exotic weapons with wanderer stats people generally don't use. If you don't try your luck with dragon coffers each costs 4g +20 Jorbreakers.

I think the highlighted part is the general issue here.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It will. After you pass the cap, you get only 1 zhaitaffy per pinata. That's not high enough to impact anything.

I think the highlighted part is the general issue here.

Historically the price peaks within first 1-3 days, drops significantly a week after the start of the event and is at ~50% of the initial value within 2 weeks after the start of the event. So... for now, it's unlikely "it will stay".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Historically the price peaks within first 1-3 days, drops significantly a week after the start of the event and is at ~50% of the initial value within 2 weeks after the start of the event. So... for now, it's unlikely "it will stay".

Well, yes, there will be usual fluctuations. But they will be usual - the change to pinatas is not likely to have a significant impact on them.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Well, yes, there will be usual fluctuations. But they will be usual - the change to pinatas is not likely to have a significant impact on them.

Ah, if it's about the impact of that single change then sure, maybe. It's just that you responded "it will" to someone saying "it shouldn't stay that high after the initial surge of laziness", which seems to be saying "it will stay high". Which is why I said it probably won't. The reasoning for the price drop wasn't the main focus for me.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Tyrian exchange vouchers are a way to shortcut playing the game. Why shouldn't they be expensive? You need dungeon tokens for a legendary? Tyrian exchange vouchers.

I don't have a problem with the price in this case. No one is entitled to them.  They're something for people who have the money or time or energy to get something you'd normally only get from a black lion chest. Why does someone need the guts to make something out of reach of some players? Why do players feel some things shouldn't be out of reach of them.

I feel they're too expensive too and I'm not buying any but a guy in my guild did the math and felt they were worth it to him. Shrugs.

• Like 2

Read trough all the things. Thank you all for the responses but i need to clarify something.

1. Someone said wait till the end of the festival they will go cheaper... Its a weekly vendor meaning you do not buy this week you lost the chance to buy it. 

2. I personally am not interested in them as I have everything dungeon related done. I am outraged about the high price.

3. The frustration comes from the fact that its the same item like in the new year vendor. In the new year festival the item has no value at all. 10 Luck essences are extremely easy to get by salvaging some rares from which you actually keep the ecto and materials meaning you actually turn profit most of the times while acquiring the 10 essences. 

To sum it up. In one event they are basically paying us to get that item for less than free as we keep the items from salvage.

And in the dragon bash event they are charging us 70 gold for it.

Its completely insane and they should be ashamed for overpricing something in order to mask the incompetence of keeping the market in check.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Oh and I forgot 4.

I see many saying well yes its way to expensive and definitely not worth it so then do not buy it.

Am.. how is that not an issue knowing someone placed an item there for sale that no-one in the right mind will buy when in stead they could have added there something actually worth that amount???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Steel.6810 said:

Oh and I forgot 4.

I see many saying well yes its way to expensive and definitely not worth it so then do not buy it.

Am.. how is that not an issue knowing someone placed an item there for sale that no-one in the right mind will buy when in stead they could have added there something actually worth that amount???

That's a problem for Anet, not for players. If they're expecting higher sales than they get they can adjust the price, just like any item which is for sale.

• Like 1

I'm not sure 'no one in their right mind' would purchase this.

Some players crafting a Legendary might find it preferable to doing a specific Dungeon.  I know I used them for crafting both my Legendary Weapons.  🤷‍♀️

(Though, I did not acquire them there...I don't think, anyway.)  Still, I have lots of Jorbreakers; and one can accumulate 15 Jorbreakers each Dragon Bash Festival just from completing the Dailies (if not more). 

One really can't speak for every player. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Steel.6810 said:

Read trough all the things. Thank you all for the responses but i need to clarify something.

1. Someone said wait till the end of the festival they will go cheaper... Its a weekly vendor meaning you do not buy this week you lost the chance to buy it. 

2. I personally am not interested in them as I have everything dungeon related done. I am outraged about the high price.

3. The frustration comes from the fact that its the same item like in the new year vendor. In the new year festival the item has no value at all. 10 Luck essences are extremely easy to get by salvaging some rares from which you actually keep the ecto and materials meaning you actually turn profit most of the times while acquiring the 10 essences. 

To sum it up. In one event they are basically paying us to get that item for less than free as we keep the items from salvage.

And in the dragon bash event they are charging us 70 gold for it.

Its completely insane and they should be ashamed for overpricing something in order to mask the incompetence of keeping the market in check.

The problem is they're more likely to make it more expensive at the other festival than reduce the price at this one.  Bascially people are saying it was cheap here, so it should be cheap all the time.  We're lucky it was cheap as it was, because it's a strange item to sell as cheaply as it was going for.

You complain it's too expensive here. It's an expansive item. It's a normally only a random drop from a black lion chest. You can't buy it on the trading post. It's meant to be rare.

You should be happy you should get some cheap, because I strongly suspect the place it was mispriced wasn't here. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Steel.6810 said:

Well then... I can not believe that someone had the guts to act so offended by something they don't need/want in the first place! 

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

The problem is they're more likely to make it more expensive at the other festival than reduce the price at this one.  Bascially people are saying it was cheap here, so it should be cheap all the time.  We're lucky it was cheap as it was, because it's a strange item to sell as cheaply as it was going for.

Yup, true.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

They most likely made this choice for economic purposes to extract some of those candy out from the TP to keep the Prices from dropping to low which I can acknowledge. Yes we need things that make festival currency taken out of the game.

And that is completely perfect.

My issue is this is not an item that is worth 10000 candy pieces. You want to take out 10000 candy's from the game in a way do it! But give players for that candy something worth that amount. 

This voucher is a conversion to other currency. Tell me how fair it is to spend 10000 of a currency only available 21 days a year for 300 bandit currency obtained by going to SW and leaching Vinewrath by hitting a monster like 3 times and going to make a coffee come back loot and get much of other useful items in the same time.

My issue just so I can make myself clear once and for all cause I keep seeing responses that have absolutely nothing to do with the current issue at hand (made in my opinion by fake accounts to mitigate damage like we have seen in other posts) is that this item does not have a fair purchase price. You want to remove 10 Jorbreakers from the game from each player on a weekly basis during the event? Perfect by me, do it! But give them something that is worth that much. From being worth nothing to worth 70 gold is as a giant leap as 

Melchor's leap. Lets not forget how he ended! His screams still echo to this day. Do not kill your economy by taking that leap.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Steel.6810 said:

They most likely made this choice for economic purposes to extract some of those candy out from the TP to keep the Prices from dropping to low which I can acknowledge. Yes we need things that make festival currency taken out of the game.

And that is completely perfect.

My issue is this is not an item that is worth 10000 candy pieces. You want to take out 10000 candy's from the game in a way do it! But give players for that candy something worth that amount. 

This voucher is a conversion to other currency. Tell me how fair it is to spend 10000 of a currency only available 21 days a year for 300 bandit currency obtained by going to SW and leaching Vinewrath by hitting a monster like 3 times and going to make a coffee come back loot and get much of other useful items in the same time.

My issue just so I can make myself clear once and for all cause I keep seeing responses that have absolutely nothing to do with the current issue at hand (made in my opinion by fake accounts to mitigate damage like we have seen in other posts) is that this item does not have a fair purchase price. You want to remove 10 Jorbreakers from the game from each player on a weekly basis during the event? Perfect by me, do it! But give them something that is worth that much. From being worth nothing to worth 70 gold is as a giant leap as 

Melchor's leap. Lets not forget how he ended! His screams still echo to this day. Do not kill your economy by taking that leap.

Fairness has nothing to do with it. If you think it's overpriced, don't get it. No one is twisting your arm to overspend for it. Plenty of people seem to think jorbreakers are worth their ~7G price, or the TP price wouldn't stay at that level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Fairness has nothing to do with it. If you think it's overpriced, don't get it. No one is twisting your arm to overspend for it. Plenty of people seem to think jorbreakers are worth their ~7G price, or the TP price wouldn't stay at that level.

Also i can not take you seriously because this had nothing to do with the Jarbreakers price. If you would have read the posts and the comment you would know. The overpriced item in question is the Tyrian Exchange Voucher for which they want 70 gold worth in Jorbreakers. Putting the price of 300 bandit crests as high as 70 gold. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Steel.6810 said:

LOL

"any opinion that doesn't agree with me is made by fake accounts", there it is, good thread 😆 

Actually pretty sure the person that doesn't understand something here and keeps repeating his irrelevant responses to anything that's written in this thread is you.

This is a way to skip game's content for gold. You don't want it, you don't buy it. That's really everything there is to say about it. If you think that "it's unfair, because there's a cheaper way to get it during another festival then:

a) buy it cheaper from those festivals

b) get over yourself and sell the event currency or use it on something else

c) understnad that "making this one cheaper" isn't the only possible outcome here, with another one being "making the alternatives cost more".

Now stop being in denial  just because you have nothing relevant to respond to what people wrote in this thread.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Steel.6810 said:

Also i can not take you seriously because this had nothing to do with the Jarbreakers price. If you would have read the posts and the comment you would know. The overpriced item in question is the Tyrian Exchange Voucher for which they want 70 gold worth in Jorbreakers. Putting the price of 300 bandit crests as high as 70 gold. 

It has everything to do with jorbreakers price, because the jorbreaker amount needed for that voucher is stable. What's not stable and partially set by players is price of jorbreakers, which is why now "it's worth 70 gold", but 2 weeks ago (and IN two weeks, probably) it will magically "be worth 30gold". If you don't undestand something as simple as that, then not sure what you're even trying to argue about here 🙄 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

51 minutes ago, Steel.6810 said:

Sorry but I can not take you seriously. Clicked on your profile and basically every singe post you commented on it was a post complain about something and you responses were always ironic and sarcastic. Devi as in dev in disguise?

That is very strange, when I look at my own profile page, I don't see that at all. One, maybe two such posts if you want to stretch it, on the first page. How deep did you dig into my history? I could now make a sarcastic remark about this weird reply of yours, but what would be the point?

Edited by Manasa Devi.7958
  • Thanks 1