Are guardians simply the Best players?

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

It still matters, sometimes the damage difference goes up to 3k+ in between Heavy and Light.

It's 4% damage reduction per tier. So you would need to get hit for way too much for it to be a 3k difference. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

It's 4% damage reduction per tier. So you would need to get hit for way too much for it to be a 3k difference. 

Its just a blunt assumption but far from unrealistic. I've hit light armor players for 10k while on heavy it goes as high as 7k ish.

On 7/1/2021 at 3:24 PM, mortrialus.3062 said:

Between their near permanent stealth and their ability to straight up one shot you can't escape their trap nests in fractionas of a second required to not die, are guardian players simply straight up better than other players?  I'm so confused. 

Are guardians just straight up better? 

The answer is they are not automatically the best players.

Whenever you are facing an opponent simply take 10 seconds of your time to think about a plan in order to win and only then, act.

This is PvP, you need to know your opponent's weaknesses and plan your moves ahead carefully.

2 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Its just a blunt assumption but far from unrealistic. I've hit light armor players for 10k while on heavy it goes as high as 7k ish.

This is not possible if every other variable has been the same. At base armor a heavy armored class has an additional 15% of direct damage reduction compared to a light armored class. This difference can only become less with additional toughness but not more as this is the baseline.

31 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

This is not possible if every other variable has been the same. At base armor a heavy armored class has an additional 15% of direct damage reduction compared to a light armored class. This difference can only become less with additional toughness but not more as this is the baseline.

That's what I've been seeing. In the end they still take more damage and it's noticeable.

20 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

That's what I've been seeing. In the end they still take more damage and it's noticeable.

most heavy armor builds also take additional toughness, this is why they take so little damage
cough renegade with demolisher amulte/dolyak rune etc

On 7/4/2021 at 1:09 AM, Buran.3796 said:

Stealth is overall a garbage mechanic in most of the games in which is implemented and GW2 is not an exception, but heavy armor itself has a very little relevance outside lore considerations due how small is the gap in stats between cloth classes and plate armor ones.

Small armor difference or not the advantage is still there. Moreover, condi cleanse and blocks on full glass make up for the low health poll. Not that other glass builds don’t have it, but with passive virtue benefits etc guardians do quite well. Playing them feels much more safe than other classes from my experience.

50 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

Small armor difference or not the advantage is still there. Moreover, condi cleanse and blocks on full glass make up for the low health poll. Not that other glass builds don’t have it, but with passive virtue benefits etc guardians do quite well. Playing them feels much more safe than other classes from my experience.

The build in question does not run cleanse on block. The only cleanse it has is 2 on F2.

As for passive virtue benefits, the one stack of aegis every 40 seconds, or the 80 healing you'll get before forced to use f2 for the big heal or the mobility aint really going to make a difference. 

The only reason this build lives is because of trapper runes, and nothing else. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

The build in question does not run cleanse on block. The only cleanse it has is 2 on F2.

As for passive virtue benefits, the one stack of aegis every 40 seconds, or the 80 healing you'll get before forced to use f2 for the big heal or the mobility aint really going to make a difference. 

The only reason this build lives is because of trapper runes, and nothing else. 

Are you sure? I seen it being played with the block elite and concentration cleanse by streamers, I tried it myself worked great

4 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

Are you sure? I seen it being played with the block elite and concentration cleanse by streamers, I tried it myself worked great

The elite doesn't block, it invulns. Meaning it doesn't even work with the trait. And purging flames is a condi ability, the build in question is power zerk dh with trapper runes. 

• Like 2

Just now, Math.5123 said:

The elite doesn't block, it invulns. Meaning it doesn't even work with the trait. And purging flames is a condi ability, the build in question is power zerk dh with trapper runes. 

I meant contemplation of purity - meditation my bad. But that’s just converting all condis to boons not big deal, without trapper runes it would make them defenceless.

1 minute ago, Mik.3401 said:

I meant contemplation of purity - meditation my bad. But that’s just converting all condis to boons not big deal, without trapper runes it would make them defenceless.

The build still doesn't necessarily use it. It's usually: purification, procession of blades, test of faith, judges intervention and renewed focus. 

So unless you're against a particularly condi heavy enemy team, mostly condi thief and mirage you'll manage without it as you're losing out on so much playmaking potential and mobility if you drop it. 

39 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

This, the build very much relies on active defenses; movement and positioning, alongside F3 and F2 (which can be interrupted and overtaken, respectively).

It's a high risk / reward noob stomper build and, to be honest, we need more builds like this in the game. I, for one, value timing-based gameplay over mindless AoE spamming.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

sounds like a difference in amulets

Hard to say because I have attacks that normally deal 7k on me (I'm always zerk). Then fight people with Demolisher who are also heavy I get at best 5k, but comparably when they are zerk, it's about 7k too.

When I whack a scourge with a proper setup I get around 10k.

Base damage is around 1,650~. Instead of making constant estimations I put out vid soon.

On 7/7/2021 at 1:03 PM, Shao.7236 said:

Hard to say because I have attacks that normally deal 7k on me (I'm always zerk). Then fight people with Demolisher who are also heavy I get at best 5k, but comparably when they are zerk, it's about 7k too.

When I whack a scourge with a proper setup I get around 10k.

Base damage is around 1,650~. Instead of making constant estimations I put out vid soon.

These are the base armor values (source: Armor - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)) : 

light = 1920

medium = 2064

heavy = 2211

Thus a heavy class will take 1920/2211 = 86.8% of the dmg that a light class takes. For a 10k hit against a light class, the same hit will deal 8.66k dmg on a heavy class. What is likely happening here is you had differing amounts of modifiers up, and/or some targets had protection while others did not. 

Edited by Hogwarts Zebra.8597
  • Like 2