The End of Dragon Announcement will start on July 27th at the usual patch time: 9AM Pacific Time (6PM CET) on both GW2's Twitch and Youtube channels

17 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Ah the joys of being outside the US.

Its noon for me and ill be at work!

rest assured though, someone will post notes of what was said

You will be able to re-watch it anytime 😄 

and there will be many posts on Reddit and Forums that day, and possibly a lengthy blog post on GW2's official site. 🙂 

• Michram.6853 changed the title to The End of Dragon Announcement will start on July 27th at the usual patch time: 9AM Pacific Time (6PM CET) on both GW2's Twitch and Youtube channels
1 hour ago, Arden.7480 said:

You will be able to re-watch it anytime 😄 

and there will be many posts on Reddit and Forums that day, and possibly a lengthy blog post on GW2's official site. 🙂 

nahh its okay, ill just read it, much faster that way xD

I have no idea where I'll be or what I'll be doing when this is on, but to be honest I rarely watch live presentations like this because it tends to be about an hour and 40 minutes of waffle and recapping what was said earlier and about 20 minutes of useful info which is easier to take in by reading a summary article later on. But if I don't have anything else to do then I might put it on.

(This is nothing to do with my expectations for EoD, it's specifically announcement presentations I'm not a fan of, no matter what they're announcing.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I have no idea where I'll be or what I'll be doing when this is on, but to be honest I rarely watch live presentations like this because it tends to be about an hour and 40 minutes of waffle and recapping what was said earlier and about 20 minutes of useful info which is easier to take in by reading a summary article later on. But if I don't have anything else to do then I might put it on.

(This is nothing to do with my expectations for EoD, it's specifically announcement presentations I'm not a fan of, no matter what they're announcing.)

Most hype about  xpacs always is about new elite specs, if they fit it into presentation will be really "explosive". Elite specs is probably the thing the generate most of the "buzz"(peopls comenting and speculating about).

it's also notable that this time speculation about the game's new mechanics is very little, it seems that with all the variety of mounts we have there isn't much to invent or expect.

Another new thing, is the enemy we face on, is not directly stated, despite the obvious indications in previous videos/teasers that it will be the Sea Dragon.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

3 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Most hype about  xpacs always is about new elite specs, if they fit it into presentation will be really "explosive". Elite specs is probably the thing the generate most of the "buzz"(peopls comenting and speculating about).

As I said for me the content is irrelevant. It's not that I'm hoping for specific info and expecting or not expecting it to happen, it's the format I'm not a fan of. Live stream presentations on any topic always seem to include a lot of talking which is irrelevant to the actual announcement and end up being largely a waste of time. It's like watching sports on TV: the match might take an hour but the show will be 3+ hours. At least with sports you know when the relevant part will happen and it's usually all in one go.

And yes I know it's all about building "hype" but I don't need to be told that should be excited about something, I'll make up my own mind on that. Also being hyper-excited for months sounds exhausting and totally impractical.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

eh..elite specs arent "the big hype" they are a part of the total package yes, but they need big major things, that either change gameplay or add something entirely new.

HOT had an entirely new class to go with its elite specs and was the first time we had Masteries, along with guild halls, raids and gliding.

POF had multiple mounts and new elite specs, plus the bounties.

what is EOD going to have thats big and more importantly, what smaller features come with it?

as it is, i dont need to be excited or hyped. I just want to be told everything we will be getting in the new expansion in a decently detailed explanation.

Edited by Dante.1763
  • Like 1

I get this strange feeling that we’re being set up to be disappointed for this ‘trailer.’ Here’s hoping they pull through with what they have to offer because it already doesn’t help that it’s getting pushed into 2022. So I’m wishing what we see we’ll get to beta test for a couple of months to hold us off…

• Confused 1