Hardcore hair clipping makes 95% of all armors unusable.

I don't know how bad it is for all the ladies out there, but even as a male character with a long hairstyle it's awful.

I'm sure if it was possible to sprint backwards, I'd see my hair clip through my neck and skull. 

This greatly limits the amount of usable haircuts, in a game that already has so little choice to begin with.

• Like 1

Many of my characters have long hair, my ranger who I've spent about 1/2 my time playing has waist length hair and I find clipping is more of an issue with backpacks than armour, but maybe I'm just not as strict about it as you? Little bits around the side occasionally overlapping doesn't bother me.

For months I was using the Blossoming Mist Shard coat where the spikes poke through her hair, and that was fine with me because I think if I wore something like that in real life it would look similar. Only difference is her hair will never get tangled around the spikes.

Edit: It might also depend on the armour weight. I think light armour has more big collars, but I don't have any light armoured characters with long hair. (Well my norn necromancer does, but it's tied up so it only reached the base of his neck.)

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 3

if 95% of the armor is unusable due to hair/facial hair clipping, then the other 5% is unusable due to measures implemented to prevent said clipping, like... turning off hair/facial hair.

Personally I prefer clipping over game deciding to turn of features despite the fact that with said piece this feature should still be visible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

if 95% of the armor is unusable due to hair/facial hair clipping, then the other 5% is unusable due to measures implemented to prevent said clipping, like... turning off hair/facial hair.

Personally I prefer clipping over game deciding to turn of features despite the fact that with said piece this feature should still be visible.

Agreed.

5 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't get it ... it's perfectly usable, EVEN with clipping. You aren't taking pictures for a fashion magazine here. 

I think the biggest issue with clipping are the much fewer extreme cases, small clipping can be ignored easily. They dont affect humans or norn very much but Asura, Charr and sometimes sylvari get them quite a bit with Charr and Asura being the worst.

Its kinda sad that Charrs own cultural armor doesnt fit them properly xD

Edited by Dante.1763
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

I think the biggest issue with clipping are the much fewer extreme cases, small clipping can be ignored easily. They dont affect humans or norn very much but Asura, Charr and sometimes sylvari get them quite a bit with Charr and Asura being the worst.

Sure, but to say armors are unusable like the OP says just because of clipping... that's just wrong. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

any race with longish hair styles that isn't completely stiff is going to have that problem

that was the reason I had to avoid the twintail hair style on my norn guardian because there hair cleaves through her body any time she moves

the solution would be to sacrifice FPS to calculate the physics properly although depending on how well you want to do it that might involve things measured in "minutes per frame" rather than "frames per second"

or make all the hair stiff and unmovable/very minimal amount of movement although even with that it would require looking like your character is in a perpetual shampoo commercial with the hair flying out