EoD is a $30 Patch.....

5 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

I blame Domain of Kourna for this easy to make mistake lel

So many Domains!!!

2 minutes ago, Faridah.8431 said:

Easy to do considering you have Domain of Istan and Domain of Kourna in LWS4.

Accursed naming conventions that is!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Azure Prower.8701 said:

Think I understand it perfectly well. When HoT was first launched, it was content lite with only 4 new zones. It was an awful expansion upon launch. Many have quit over that expansion, and probably the reason why it became free with PoF only 2 years after it was released. Whilst it may be better today, it wasn't so much so back then.

What do you think "patch" means?

What do you think "expansion" means?

I don't care why you think people left. And HoT could easly become free with pof because mounts mostly render gliding redundant. Now if we're done "hoping our reasoning is true to support our opinions", lets get back to the 2 questions above.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 4

For me the new specs alone are what makes an expansion. It's what I actually play, through any and all content. The character. When I get a new way to play the character, it pretty much refreshes all of the things I was doing before. Back at HoT, I was too busy with how much Reaper changed things about Necro to complain about lack of content. Same was with Scourge (though it could stand to be much less bugged). From there on, new maps, modes and other kitten for me are just an added bonus.

45 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

Thank you. Didn't realized they kept the archives.

Literally the first thread listed on old HoT discussion

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-is-nothing-but-group-events-and

This is a good one that was around launch.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Loving-HoT-1

"After playing a bit more and realizing how little there actually is, you might feel different. Sorry." -Kaiyanwan.8521

This is a good thread that sums up what was wrong with HoT at the time. By yours truly.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/This-game-does-not-value-your-time

"Next topic is if this game is value for your money?

The core game in the first couple of years of release. Yes. Yes it definitely was.

Is the Heart of Thorns expansion?

No. No it is definitely not. Especially with its detachment from the core game and basically changing the game for the worse in order to stretch out the thinly spread content.

It should have been red flags when Arena Net advertised Season One as an ‘expansion worth’ of content."

Could go on...

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/So-freaking-bored

Of course you have your valiant GW2 defenders in some of these threads too such as Dante, Linken and Vayne. Especially Vayne. He's always been that way, and expected nothing less of him. Never change Vayne.

But the fact was HoT had little meaningful content that to actually do on launch. Especially with masteries that was either tact on recycled content, or achievements that were absurd to complete, usually to recycle content. Which left most people just map meta grinding all day long because of little else to do. The "difficulty" was just a barrier to stone wall players from tearing through the little content that there was. Either way. Resulting in people quitting. I don't see where I am wrong on this.

Edited by Azure Prower.8701
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Azure Prower.8701 said:

Thank you. Didn't realized they kept the archives.

Literally the first thread listed on old HoT discussion

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-is-nothing-but-group-events-and

This is a good one that was around launch.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Loving-HoT-1

"After playing a bit more and realizing how little there actually is, you might feel different. Sorry." -Kaiyanwan.8521

This is a good thread that sums up what was wrong with HoT at the time. By yours truly.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/This-game-does-not-value-your-time

"Next topic is if this game is value for your money?

The core game in the first couple of years of release. Yes. Yes it definitely was.

Is the Heart of Thorns expansion?

No. No it is definitely not. Especially with its detachment from the core game and basically changing the game for the worse in order to stretch out the thinly spread content.

It should have been red flags when Arena Net advertised Season One as an ‘expansion worth’ of content."

Could go on...

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/So-freaking-bored

Of course you have your valiant GW2 defenders in some of these threads too such as Dante, Linken and Vayne. Especially Vayne. He's always been that way, and expected nothing less of him. Never change Vayne.

But the fact was HoT had little meaningful content that to actually do on launch. Especially with masteries that was either tact on recycled content, or achievements that were absurd to complete, usually to recycle content. Which left most people just map meta grinding all day long because of little else to do. Resulting in people quitting. I don't see where I am wrong on this.

"-World Meta events take HUGE amounts of time (2 hr+ each meta), fail regularly"

Yeah, those complainers sure knew what they were talking about 🙃 

It's funny because when you read through that thread, OP's complaints boiled down to not enough instant gratification.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

"-World Meta events take HUGE amounts of time (2 hr+ each meta), fail regularly"

It's funny because when you read through that thread, OP's complaints boiled down to not enough instant gratification.

Do you? Were you even around at HoT at launch?

Also nice sneaky edit about instant gratification. But as some one with two legendary weapons that were both crafted from scratch, you're wrong again. Bugs and artificially extended content is far from crying about not getting instant gratification.

Edited by Azure Prower.8701
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Azure Prower.8701 said:

Do you? Were you even around at HoT at launch?

Yes? Yes?

Guess in the end you won't be sharing your ideas about what counts as "patch" and what counts as "expansion", eh? 🙄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Azure Prower.8701 said:

This is your only post activity on the old forums. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/Sobx-1758/showposts

A single post in 2017.

Activity on forums isn't indicative of activity in the game. Glad I could explain to you this convoluted idea.

Now stop dodging:

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

8 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Activity on forums isn't indicative of activity in the game. Glad I could explain to you this convoluted idea.

Now stop dodging:

It means that HoT was comparable to a patch in other major MMOs.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Azure Prower.8701 said:

It means that HoT was comparable to a patch in other major MMOs.

No, it wasn't. (also "it means that..." doesn't answer anything that was in the post you've quoted, that sentence just makes no sense as a response to my post)

And still stop dodging:

(btw the fact that you've just went to my profile to spam my last few posts with reaction emotes as some kind of vendetta while you're still dodging 2 simple questions is quite hilarious -juvenile, sure, but hilarious 🙃)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

9 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

in all fairness lauch hot did have very long meta, and since people had no clue how they worked, they did end up failing often.

since then AN has "nerfed" HoT metas by decoupling alot of pre's (daytime in VB, pylons in AB, dunno about TD, DS got away with it's full length) and people have learned how they work, both of which made those metas shorter, and succeed at higher rates.

But then I agree that biggest two complaints I rememeber from HoT days is "too difficult" and "I feel stolen from because base game went free"

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

in all fairness lauch hot did have very long meta, and since people had no clue how they worked, they did end up failing often.

since then AN has "nerfed" HoT metas by decoupling alot of pre's (daytime in VB, pylons in AB, dunno about TD, DS got away with it's full length) and people have learned how they work, both of which made those metas shorter, and succeed at higher rates.

But then I agree that biggest two complaints I rememeber from HoT days is "too difficult" and "I feel stolen from because base game went free"

Yarp, but the lack of content wasnt complained about much, and when compared to the amount of threads on difficulty its a single drop in a deep bucket compared to those threads. Threads that still get made about HoT are all about difficulty, it still overwhelms players. So to does the amount of events, required exp and masteries.(got lots new folks in my guild and HOT has been a nightmare for them due to the above.)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

They don’t have to make much new content. They can just upgrade the reward system and put more nicer loot to old bosses. This way it stays active, example, shatterer 1.0 is just a boss for fun. No special rewards. If they add nice loot to that boss then you can enjoy old content again. Same with dungeons, I only do them when I need the currency, if they add loot to a dungeon that makes it worth to farm for a long time. I play for loot and skins, so just add nice skins or a collection to already created content. 

I liked to fish in other mmo and hoped it very much in guildwars 2. So I can’t wait to try it out and see what’s in the loot table. 

also after pof we got saga or something. Just for free. If they spend the time on eod then we got a bigger expansion. I mean then cantha + saga was together in an expansion. I heard they have a small team who create everything. And without subscription it’s hard I think. 

I play more games then guildwars 2 alone. And I am a casual. I have many things to do in guildwars 2. If there is a balance for reward system it’s nice. Dragonstorm is not so good, I mean I want gift of aurene. But after 15 tries I am busy with something else. 

6 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

since people had no clue how they worked

Hence why I wrote: "Yeah, those complainers sure knew what they were talking about". So... thanks for agreeing that some random complaints from people with lack of understanding and knowledge about new content doesn't mean a lot?

But then I agree that biggest two complaints I rememeber from HoT days is "too difficult"

You're free to have that opinion, I disagree. It was fun after the snoozfest most of the core content offered.

"I feel stolen from because base game went free"

Ok, but pretty sure this is irrelevant to this thread or this comment chain (which is about the content of expansions and the fact that some people apparently don't understand what "expansion" and "patch" is), right?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 6

Honestly, being as non-bias as possible, right now it's not worth 30 usd at all.

You should see what expansions get you in other games. Dungeons, lots of new content, new races or classes, lotsa maps, etc.

Here we get a mount, a pve activity, par for the course elite specs, a new region and... that's it. LMAO.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Razor.6392 said:

Honestly, being as non-bias as possible, right now it's not worth 30 usd at all.

You should see what expansions get you in other games. Dungeons, lots of new content, new races or classes, lotsa maps, etc.

Here we get a mount, a pve activity, par for the course elite specs, a new region and... that's it. LMAO.

...as opposed to getting maps filled with events/achievements, 9 new especs, new mechanics, instanced boss encounters and free living world episodes (which are also new maps by themselves) as long as you're somewhat "active" (meaning you log in once a month)?

Hilarious how in one case you call it "lotsa maps",  "lots of new content" and "new class", but in this case you try to downplay it as "a new region", "a pve activity" and "a par for course elite specs" -totally "NON-BIAS" btw!  🙄  

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4