If you want players to do strikes, make them more accessible.

13 hours ago, Naqam a.6521 said:

If the instances are going to  be in the "same time" for both groups (every 2/4/6 hours mini-dailies are reseted and you get bonus for doing 3 per day or 30 per week ) , we avoid this scenario .

And if you have LI , but cannot join the  others for a week , you are going to "drop league" towards the casual side

well if they are daily instead of weekly, i'd have a daily static instead of weekly and in the end everything would remain same:
-Static groups do stuff on their own
-Pugs ask for li/kp because they want to actually kill the encounter
-Players against learning conplain because there is li/kp
-Player that organise training will be busy doing their daily rather than training new people
-Randomly generated group will fail pretty much each encounter because of reasons mentionned above

Changing the frequency won't in anyway makes things easier 🙃

4 hours ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

Or devs need to impose traits, gear and spec while matchmaking, would be fine but create endless drama because "hOw DaRe YoU iMpOsE Me A bUiLd" guys

Nah. Not "how dare you" but "what do you mean i am a healer, i am obviously a dps" and "boons please" -> "boons, what boons?"

Enforcing builds will do nothing about making sure the player in question can play that build after all.

Edited by Astralporing.1957

14 hours ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

you cannot as gw let you choose too much trait/gear stats.
it works in wow because even if you go totally stupid you'll be able heal as healer, dps as dps or tank as tank because you don't have that much choose and all lead to more or less doing your job.
in gw you can be a firebrand and go either healer or dps or tank and unfortunally a large part of the community seem to have trouble to be aware of what they are playing. So even by making a 2 healer 8 dps matchmaking think you most likely gonna endup having terrible dps/heal and i'm not even talking boon.
Or devs need to impose traits, gear and spec while matchmaking, would be fine but create endless drama because "hOw DaRe YoU iMpOsE Me A bUiLd" guys

Strikes  and Raids are created with randoms in mind , but each must worry about their survibility .

If you want to kill the boss  faster,you want to impose those requirements  and ask people with LI

Even,  when  strikes where released , it was each person decision to reroll to healer

14 hours ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

well if they are daily instead of weekly, i'd have a daily static instead of weekly and in the end everything would remain same:
-Static groups do stuff on their own
-Pugs ask for li/kp because they want to actually kill the encounter
-Players against learning conplain because there is li/kp
-Player that organise training will be busy doing their daily rather than training new people
-Randomly generated group will fail pretty much each encounter because of reasons mentionned above

Changing the frequency won't in anyway makes things easier 🙃

Or making daily will increase the ROI , thus justifying more Raids in the future .

Players that org anise training guilds , can still do  their instance with their friend and THEN lead the training for 2-3 hours .

Otherwise , give them special privileges .

And the  casuals wont have time to whine about not getting accepted in Raider's parties , because each will be tied down to his own gold gathering .

It's better for  couples to take a yearly "break"

Edited by Naqam a.6521

On 8/12/2021 at 12:21 AM, Naqam a.6521 said:

It;s not really contradiction , but rather a tool in order to reduce the eternal problem of people joining in groups that they don't belong , that creates the toxicity in the forums .

But that's not "an eternal problem", because squads can announce what type of players they expect to join. That's what the squad descriptions in lfg are for.

• Confused 3

8 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But that's not "an eternal problem", because squads can announce what type of players they expect to join. That's what the squad descriptions in lfg are for.

And squad/party descriptions in LFG were often ignored by casual players, hence the problem.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Vilin.8056 said:

And squad/party descriptions in LFG were often ignored by casual players, hence the problem.

They can read, otherwise they wouldn't be able to play the game in the first place. If anyone willingfully ignores the squad descriptions (which generally I don't really see, so not sure how you can try to make that claim?) then it's on those individuals and not on the system in place.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Frakly i couldnt care less how simple nm strikes are so long as cm strikes are engaging enough for veterans, for all i care they could even not have required roles for aggro or anything. That being said regardless of dificuly a flat or logically ascenting difficulty line should be a thing regardless.

1 hour ago, zealex.9410 said:

Frakly i couldnt care less how simple nm strikes are so long as cm strikes are engaging enough for veterans, for all i care they could even not have required roles for aggro or anything. That being said regardless of dificuly a flat or logically ascenting difficulty line should be a thing regardless.

How many strike cms a year would justify enough engagement for veterans? 

On 7/29/2021 at 12:57 AM, zellurs.8601 said:

I like the idea of strike missions, but the way they're currently implemented is really bad. I was surprised to see strike missions listed as a feature of EoD. As far as I was concerned, it was dead content that I did once for the cheevo, and something a group of dedicated players could come back to in order to farm skins.

Now, a bunch of angry redditors have assured me that isn't the case and that it's VERY active through LFG(even though I feel this is a cope - I've been sitting in strike LFM for about 15 mins now and only one posting...) - I still feel I shouldn't have to wade through LFG in the first place to get this kind of content done. I can't help but feel that was the intent behind strikes, considering there is an option to join public strikes - that absolutely nobody uses.

The way I see strikes fitting into GW2 endgame is something that can be done with matchmaking. Something more difficult and rewarding than open world content, which requires more than just autoattacking, but less demanding than a raid or high level fractals where you need coordination and roles set up. The strikes I've done have been about this level of difficulty - mostly a faceroll with a few mechanics to break the monotony. Aforementioned angry redditors have assured me that some of the strikes do require a dedicated tank or healer to complete and that's just such a departure from the ones I've done that I'm just going to take them at their word on that.

Recently I've been trying out FFXIV and one of the few things I like more about that game than GW2 is the automated matchmaking system for dungeons. You join a queue and are free to wander around and do your own thing until the dungeon pops automatically. You are penalized if you abuse the system by leaving or ignoring your queue pop. The system is honestly great and way less toxic than some of the other LFG groups and postings I've seen in GW2. There's no "leader" so you're not beholden to one player who may or may not be a kitten.

My suggestions to make strikes fit into the endgame better are:

- flatten difficulty curve among strike missions. this content should require players using their full set of abilities, but not dedicated roles such as tank/healer

- setup an automated lfg strike finder that pulls one randomly from a playlist. remove the useless public option. allow us to autoqueue from our LFG panel.

- maintain a reward system that both newbies and veterans want to engage with.

- get rid of the daily priority strike, and instead make the daily achievement to complete 2 strikes from the playlist.

I feel all of these changes will put strikes into a better position than they are now. If people want to do CMs or minmax, the LFG option is still available to them - but for those who want to simply participate for their dailies, or newbies who want to dip their toes in endgame content and gear up I really think an automated queue is a solid option to cement strike missions as a core endgame feature for End of Dragons.

Thanks for reading.

Actualy there is automated finder in the game.... and noone uses it.

Reason is, that most players want to chose who they play with.

At the star of strijes, automatic group finder was used by many.

Then players relised that this will not work because avarage gw2 player doesnt comunicate, has a build from scraps and doesnt contribute to a kill.

So players started to use lfg because then they could actualy chose teamates.

Becsuse of more experianced players left public strikes, publick strikes started to have way less succes rates. And so the remainig players left because they were too hard.

And now it is empty

On 8/16/2021 at 10:04 PM, Krzysztof.5973 said:

How many strike cms a year would justify enough engagement for veterans? 

If they are fun for veterans... I would say 3.

4 would be great.

2 would be bare minimum.

You have to relise, that there are some veterans that can calculate rough top dps of a class just by developers hovering over skills for few seconds.

New strike will probablybe compeletely figured out after 2 weeks. 

Also it is important to change the reward systems since, with legendary armory, the ascended gear is mostly worthless. 

This will actualy be very important.