Heart of the Volcano

I have been playing this game for three years now and I have been unable to complete "Heart of the Volcano".   I have watched Ayinmaiden's video on it.   I get to the kill the hounds part and there is just no way I can get my timing any better.  It just will not work.   I have tried some jumping puzzles over 1000 times before getting them.    I have tried this at least 100 times in the last 2 years. I look to see what could I do better each time.   Conclusion--with my 2015 Dell computer,  Comcast broadband connection and 60 year old hands---this is simple not possible.   This means I can not complete The Seasons of Dragons which I was working hard on.   I have tried this with a Necro,  a Ranger and most recently my Firebrand.    I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue.  

If not for the new expansion which I have purchased I would  quit the game.  

My time is too valuable to waste,  and I play this game for relaxation.  

I know GW2 does not care about player difficulties but they really should give some credence to the fact that making solo story content near impossible will loose you people.

I love the events where we all come together to help one another.  Where individuals step-up to lead when no one else will ---even though they barely know what they are doing.   The people that tag up to help with difficult diving scenarios or with Jumping Puzzles.

If anyone knows anything that may help complete the  "Heart of the Volcano" hound kill.   Please let me know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, go for it in a party: press Y to open the LFG tool, then choose Path of Fire, and make a group called "please help with Heart of the Volcano", then go play for a bit. Maybe ask in Lion's Arch map chat while you're at it. Eventually someone should arrive to help.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

Yeah, go for it in a party: press Y to open the LFG tool, then choose Path of Fire, and make a group called "please help with Heart of the Volcano", then go play for a bit. Maybe ask in Lion's Arch map chat while you're at it. Eventually someone should arrive to help.

On paper, yes, . . . but in my experience, most of the group finder's categories appear largely ignored by the player base, including the ones that would be relevant here. Yes, you'd have more chance asking in guild chat, in LA, or even in Draconis Mons. Lots of people were farming that map for the Aurora unlock even before the Seasons of Dragons event started. It may be even busier with the new legendary armory.

It is most definitely one of the toughest story instances out there. Camera controls make it a nightmare. Asking explicitly for help for a party here can work. It has for me. Do specify whether you are in EU or NA and what time slots you are normaly on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harfang.1507 said:

On paper, yes, . . . but in my experience, most of the group finder's categories appear largely ignored by the player base, including the ones that would be relevant here. Yes, you'd have more chance asking in guild chat, in LA, or even in Draconis Mons. Lots of people were farming that map for the Aurora unlock even before the Seasons of Dragons event started. It may be even busier with the new legendary armory.

Oh yeah, it's LW3, not PoF. 

But yeah, the social aspect of the game is a little deader than i'd like: you can expect to spend hours sometimes looking for a group...

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 9:11 AM, Portia.2975 said:

I have been playing this game for three years now and I have been unable to complete "Heart of the Volcano".   I have watched Ayinmaiden's video on it.   I get to the kill the hounds part and there is just no way I can get my timing any better.

After killing a hound, you simply use your Special Action Key on Omadd's Machine. Two spheres will come fly out of it. You will be launched into the air where you collect those two spheres.

Afterwards, you descend, aim at the hound you killed, then use your newly acquired skill 1 on it and be done with it. (Note: must be done in mid-air as the skill will vanish once you hit the ground.) Repeat for hound #2.

AyinMaiden's video isn't very clear about it and rather confusing. She's running around in it a lot like she is also just trying to figure out how it works.

I know it's an annoying fight, but if you remain calm and follow these simple steps, it will be over in no time:

1. Kill 1 hound on the platform
  2. Use Special Action on Omadd's Machine
  3. Float up and collect the 2 orbs
  4. Use skill 1 on dead hound in mid-air
  5. Repeat steps 1-4 on 2nd hound

Edited by Ashantara.8731
Small corrections to avoid misunderstandings.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

To be fair I am unsure which part of this instance is supposed to "get timing any better", especially with hounds.

You just kill one of them, scan the omadds machine, this throws you and two balls into air, grab those two balls, toss it from glider at the hound you killed, and repeat the process, each hound takes two throws to kill.

Which part are you having problem with? killing the hound? dropping the orb? Figuring the sequence?

EDIT: Small correction to Ashantara's post, no need to jump up, special action key on omadds machine launches you upwards on it's own, just need to deploy glider.

EDIT2: also it is important to use that skill 1 while still gliding, touching platform removes it, requiring you to scan the machine and collect orbs again

Edited by Lord Trejgon.2809
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The OP did not say anything about wanting to complete the content by only spamming 1.

Also, this is the "Players Helping Players" section of the forums, not the "Players spitting in other player's faces" section.(I don't think that there is a section like that)

Edited by Elden Arnaas.4870
punctuation
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

For some of us with physical issues, there is often no "just do this" and "just do that" and "it's so easy a caveman could do it."  I am eternally grateful to the friendly and helpful players who help me get through the very small number of story steps I can't do solo.

OP, I had better luck finding a group to do it by standing near the entrance area and map chatting vs. the LFG tool.  Best of luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

OP I am 64 and had a lot of trouble doing it too.  I knew what had to be done, but for me trying to aim at the target with the special action key while floating was a royal PITA. As Harfang said above, it was the camera controls that made it so hard for me.  

I just kept at it till I got it.  I knew going in that it was going to be a long slog so I took a break for a while before starting it this evening.

Good luck to you, I hope you find a group.  Standing near the entrance area and asking if anyone wants to party up for it is good advice, I've seen people doing that on maps I've been on.  Unfortunately for me it was before I had gotten to that story step.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

It's been a while since I did that instance but doesn't the hounds get back up if you take too long with the orbs?

yes but it takes it so long that when I did it on guardian I had time to fail that minigame twice before it got up, and even then it was just the matter of bringing it down again.

On 8/1/2021 at 4:30 AM, Turamarth.3248 said:

If you can't do the mission on your own, why not simply form a party to do it with others together?

Fyi its broken at the moment with other players. My friend and i couldnt get past the first gate thing, repeatedly. Gonna give it another go or two sometime this week but its frustating.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the replies.

I followed Ashantara's directions and after one server disconnect was finally able to finish this solo.   I realized part of the problem was my mouse pointing.   I finished this with less than one hour to go before episode 6.  

🥰 Big Thank You for the support!!

• Like 5

My guildies and I got it done by having one person scan and one who flew, collected the orbs and hit the dogs. Since we had a full party the rest kept downing the dogs so the other two could work more easily. Two could probably accomplish the same. I had great difficulty trying to do this solo my reflexes are not good to be able to do what was needed so help from friends was priceless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 8/2/2021 at 5:59 AM, Elden Arnaas.4870 said:

The OP did not say anything about wanting to complete the content by only spamming 1.

Also, this is the "Players Helping Players" section of the forums, not the "Players spitting in other player's faces" section.(I don't think that there is a section like that)

Thanks for that.  I am having a lot of trouble with the same thing as the OP and people like you helped me work out what I had to do.  The people giving dud advice that the OP already said didn't work didn't help one bit. 

"I couldn't do the thing" / "just simply do the thing then noob"...useless.

Edited by Ristin.4256
typo
  • Confused 1

On 8/1/2021 at 10:48 PM, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

Doing it with a party was the only way I was able to complete it, after stubbornly trying to do it solo numerous times.  And yes, I didn't know for the longest time that one could do the story steps in a group!

On 8/2/2021 at 7:52 AM, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

For some of us with physical issues, there is often no "just do this" and "just do that" and "it's so easy a caveman could do it."  I am eternally grateful to the friendly and helpful players who help me get through the very small number of story steps I can't do solo.

OP, I had better luck finding a group to do it by standing near the entrance area and map chatting vs. the LFG tool.  Best of luck!

Thank you!  That has helped me a lot.  ^_^

• Like 1