Same DH Question

periphery.5421

So what's the point in any other profession if DH has unlimited damage for free, unlimited boons, teleports, permanent invisibility, unlimited self healing (can't usually get below 75%), etc? Like, I understand FFA is a totally different beast, but why is this still happening now? When it comes to like Ele, I have few viable builds and die immediately a lot of the time. Ele typically does no damage without others covering it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

DH can do massive damage if you let it free cast. It also has a nice toolbox of skills to just baaaaarely skirt the line and stay alive long enough to get these skills off. It’s honestly a fun build to play, total yolo. However! It’s easily countered by most classes (Mesmer and thief will have some issue, but they have mass mobility to make sure they don’t get yanked to death). The first question I’d ask is: what profession are you playing? Because aside from those two classes I’ve mentioned (which I don’t have much experience with) I can crush most DH in short order unless it’s just a superior player (in which superior players SHOULD get the kill there, whether or not my build is better). If you are using ele, I’d recommend making use of your projectile denial, as well as using your stability only when you need it. DH damage comes from projectiles (that 5 skills is telegraphed to heaven, so that needs to be dodged, no excuse there). Any trap damage (probably the ring in particular) is only of use if they can yank/push you into it. This is where the stab comes in. If you trigger that ring trap, you better have stability on your mind ASAP, because the DH is gonna try to capitalize. If you can manage against the things I’ve mentioned (and that’s a small list compared to what a Mirage or Scourge will put you through) the DH will probably try to run from you. I’d recommend playing the DH build in some duels, you’ll will find it’s shortcomings are very apparent once you know the signs. Best of luck though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shrapnel.7249 said:

(in which superior players SHOULD get the kill there, whether or not my build is better)

6 hours ago, Exile.8160 said:

DH is a noob stomper build, its bad once the enemy knows how to counter it. Ltp issue there.

2 for 2. Can we get the triple???

Edited by GeneralBM.5781

6 hours ago, periphery.5421 said:

So what's the point in any other profession if DH has unlimited damage for free, unlimited boons, teleports, permanent invisibility, unlimited self healing (can't usually get below 75%), etc? Like, I understand FFA is a totally different beast, but why is this still happening now? When it comes to like Ele, I have few viable builds and die immediately a lot of the time. Ele typically does no damage without others covering it.

honestly though, @Shrapnel.7249 did make some good points about Ele strategies. First things first though is don't take losses so hard that you come to forums to exaggerate and cry for the 8 players who still PvP to explain "why DH is so OP", it's really not. The worst thing I can say about it is that it's really annoying 😕

but keep trying, don't let the tilt get to you, and worse case scenario, there's always reroll 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, periphery.5421 said:

So what's the point in any other profession if weaver has unlimited CC for free, unlimited evades, teleports, permanent invulnerability, unlimited selfheal through spam (signet lol). Like, I understand FFA is a totally different beast, but why is this still happening now? When it comes to like guardian, I have a few viable builds and die immediately a lot of the time. Guardian typically does no damage without others covering it.

Yes, it is full of inaccuracies, overexaggerations (to the point you could call them lies), and it makes me seem like I have no idea how the elementalist class works. And yes it totally made you look the same to anyone who played DH before.

The only problem is trapper runes, DH is perfectly fine.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Exile.8160 said:

DH is a noob stomper build, its bad once the enemy knows how to counter it. Ltp issue there.

It really isn't though.

But, if it is just a newb stomper build, maybe it's time to let up off the noobs.

53 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

The only problem i have with dh or any class is teleports. They should only work if u have line of site. Going through walls is like cheating. This isnt a dh problem but a rev problem as well and thf, or well anyclass that teleports through walls.

Ele too right?

10 hours ago, periphery.5421 said:

DH: Hahahah hey guys, I am gonna go put traps and hope they don't dodge it and melt me like butter. 🤣

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

It really isn't though.

But, if it is just a newb stomper build, maybe it's time to let up off the noobs.

Ele too right?

This is why we have this horrible meta, instead of looking at builds that are clearly causing problems (scrourge/prot holo) that needs 2+ ppl just to deal with 1 of them we have people fighting over a meme build thats glass cannon that can be easly counter if you use half your brain on it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, periphery.5421 said:

unlimited damage for free, unlimited boons, teleports, permanent invisibility, unlimited self healing (can't usually get below 75%), etc?

What are you even talking about?
I mean.. I'm not particularly a fan of DH or guard in general but.. "unlimited" boons, teleport, self heal and permanent invisibility?
Pretty much every spec can self buff excessive amounts of boons, that's not a unique Guardian issue, teleports... if I'm not mistaken Guards can have 1 teleport on sword and 1 on utility. While I don't really like to see teleports on guards (because why should they be able to?) I can now see your definition of 'unlimited'.. self heal is also.. eh.. they have their heal like everybody else and F2 which also heals, but not that massive.. I'd say ele has way more heal and damage mitigation than guard to be completely honest. 
Invisibility is due to how broken trapper rune is, it's not a DH issue itself.

Like someone else suggested.. Try to avoid using "unlimited" and "permanent" unless it is actually permanent. I don't even know what you mean with "unlimited damage for free".. Everybody has unlimited damage for free, at least last time I checked I didn't have to pay something for using my skills or that my damage was capped at 20k per fight.

I will however say that I don't really like the Elite trap, I think the pull is overpowered but that's more annoying than broken.

1 hour ago, Exile.8160 said:

This is why we have this horrible meta, instead of looking at builds that are clearly causing problems (scrourge/prot holo) that needs 2+ ppl just to deal with 1 of them we have people fighting over a meme build thats glass cannon that can be easly counter if you use half your brain on it.

Half my brain says remove trapper runes

As some one said earlier DH is a noob class, dodge the traps they lose if you drop a CD on the chain you win. Personally it such an easy class to read and beat i find it horrible that FB died for the sake of easy mode guardian i haven't touch my guardian since my return.

The FB part is my personal take but seriously DH's are nothing.

48 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

As some one said earlier DH is a noob class, dodge the traps they lose if you drop a CD on the chain you win. Personally it such an easy class to read and beat i find it horrible that FB died for the sake of easy mode guardian i haven't touch my guardian since my return.

The FB part is my personal take but seriously DH's are nothing.

Just because scourge is big bad blinking red doesn't mean people forgot about stealth trapper cheese.

The issue with DH is the trapper rune, we've said it multiples it on the forum, giving stealth and superspeed gives too much suvivability to DH and makes it too frustrating to play against. But if you remove it I'm afraid DH will be poop

Edited by Guirssane.7082

3 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Just because scourge is big bad blinking red doesn't mean people forgot about stealth trapper cheese.

If they stealth trap you know where the traps are.

Your telling me your unable to not go to the place where you last seen the DH?

But lets say your blind, and the dh stealth as he drops the traps, You know you have defensive skills right?

But lets say you got no defensive skills or dodge, and your blind, and you just so happen to walk into 3 or 4 traps in the same place because your blind, have no endurance and no defensive tools and lets say the DH is right on top of those said traps and uses GS 2.

You were killed by 3 or 4 traps while the DH is spinning on combo fields while your on cooldown with zero endurance and your blind and in likely hood dumb, in which case you deserve every bit of damage and death you take. So in all with all the hypothetical's in place.

We can now clearly look at how much you need to fail and the DH has to succeed to kill you can we put this to rest?

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

If they stealth trap you know where the traps are.

Your telling me your unable to not go to the place where you last seen the DH?

But lets say your blind, and the dh stealth as he drops the traps, You know you have defensive skills right?

But lets say you got no defensive skills or dodge, and your blind, and you just so happen to walk into 3 or 4 traps in the same place because your blind, have no endurance and no defensive tools and lets say the DH is right on top of those said traps and uses GS 2.

You were killed by 3 or 4 traps while the DH is spinning on combo fields while your on cooldown with zero endurance and your blind and in likely hood dumb, in which case you deserve every bit of damage and death you take. So in all with all the hypothetical's in place.

We can now clearly look at how much you need to fail and the DH has to succeed to kill you can we put this to rest?

It's interesting how in these hypotheticals that are used to justify DH antics, everyone is running into traps, timing their blinds wrong, or misusing their defensive skills. You never seem to hear about the situations where traps are avoided/dodged out of, lb 3's are sidestepped, insta reveals, projectile hate, lb 2's dodged etc, and the DH still decisively takes the win.

Almost as if there are players that understand DH mechanics to watch out for, but there are certain **RUNIC** factors that play a far bigger role to the outcome of a fight than some guardians are willing to openly admit. 

but hey what do I know, these people should just "LTP" 🤷‍♂️

Edited by GeneralBM.5781
  • Haha 1