Make WvW matter! Mist warrior buff suggestion.

Veprovina.4876

What are we fighting for?

How about giving WvW players a bit of prestige in the PvE world?

We're war veterans, let us be reckognized as such when we walk around.

With megaservers joining up the entire regions, there's no way a winning server could bring a boon to their server in PvE.

But with Alliances, that changes!

How about, everyone who participated in the WvW skirmish, at the end of the week, we get a buff to share with PvE people who are near us.

Something like a Mist Warrior buff.

It would depend on the placement, and affect all players near the WvW player (and themselves).

Something like:

3rd place - 5% more karma

2nd place - 5% more karma and 5% more experience

1st place - 5% more karma, 5% more experience and 5% more magic find, 33% chance of an extra gathering strike

That buff would be carried by the "Mist warrior", and only given to people who participated in WvW for let's say, 10 hours during the entire week. It would show an icon to players that are eligable to carry it, and activate at the end of the week, after reset (for the previous week). It would stay active for the entire week, and you'd have to do more WvW and be eligable for the buff (10 hours) if you want to keep it for the following week.

Or, give the buff as a reward for people who reach the end of Gold or Platinum chests.

Up for debate what the actual buffs and numbers would be of course, this is just an example.

That would make the Mist War and Alliances matter for more than just the sake of it and recognize people who are fighting in the Mist War.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

this is a great idea since the population is still tied with the server whether pve or wvwvw.

just war score after 24 hours will give bonus perks like magic find/gold from monsters/etc increase or even wvwvw chests, along with the dailies..

could it be easily implemented? idk but a.net = pro programmers so yeah..

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

COUGH

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_of_the_Mists

COUGH

No one even cared when it went away.

I did. 😞

Besides, most of those were useless due to the power creep.

1-2% increased defense against monsters, yaaay....

1-2% increased healing effectiveness...

And this affected the whole server.

What i'm proposing is a bit of a prestige for individual players, making them war heroes when they fight in WvW, because they'd give their bonus around themselves, not the whole "server" or map. So the buff would come from them directly.

Also, something more substantial than 1% healing effectiveness... That would be noticed, and someone with a 5% magic find would be nice to have in metas and world bosses. The buffs wouldn't stack of course, we don't want "WvW only" squads on Tequatl lol, just the higher buff would be applied if more than one buff was present (as in, player in an alliance that's in a 3rd place and a player in an alliance that's in a 1st place - the 1st place buff would be applied to nearby players).

There could also be increased buffs for higher WxP or something.

2 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I did. 😞

Besides, most of those were useless due to the power creep.

1-2% increased defense against monsters, yaaay....

1-2% increased healing effectiveness...

And this affected the whole server.

What i'm proposing is a bit of a prestige for individual players, making them war heroes when they fight in WvW, because they'd give their bonus around themselves, not the whole "server" or map. So the buff would come from them directly.

Also, something more substantial than 1% healing effectiveness... That would be noticed, and someone with a 5% magic find would be nice to have in metas and world bosses. The buffs wouldn't stack of course, we don't want "WvW only" squads on Tequatl lol, just the higher buff would be applied if more than one buff was present (as in, player in an alliance that's in a 3rd place and a player in an alliance that's in a 1st place - the 1st place buff would be applied to nearby players).

There could also be increased buffs for higher WxP or something.

The bonuses went up to 10-20%...

2 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

The bonuses went up to 10-20%...

Ah yes, that's cool then, but that was score based right.

And still, not tied to individual players, just whole servers.

Not the same thing. 🙂

The rewards could also be more enticing of course.

Like, a part of the buff could be something like "Inspired", and that would be carried to people that haven't been in WvW in more than a week, maybe to incentivize them to come and they'd get some WxP and reward track bonuses after encountering a mist warrior.

But yeah, i was thinking of this when i made the thread, i kinda liked when WvW mattered for PvE.

Made it feel like the world was alive, you know? Like there's a living breathing wolrd out there and while you're doing your stuff in Tyria, someone out there is fighting in the mists, it was all coherent.

In any case, it's just a suggestion that i'm sure a buch of people would appreciate.

And for people that don't care and didn't care Power of the Mists went away, it wouldn't bother them having it then, right?

10 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

COUGH

COUGH

In the early days, it was really useful, when you had a high crafting critical hit chance, because you could do your crafting levelling on Fridays and you could reduce the number of exotic discoveries / crafts needed to gain the next tier (where you could refine again). Today fine materials are not that scarce and most of us have enough money to just power through crafting to 400.

WvW reward system, is so strange (you individually get penalized from your server being good the past match up and vice versa) and so disconnected from PvE rewards that pretty much anything ANet can slap on top of existing rewards is welcome (I bet I am not the only one that thinks that during the special WvW weeks you start to feel rewards coming in at a decent pace).

• Thanks 2

I would like to see the benefits obtained by WvW alliances reflected in PVE maps, similar as it was implemented in GW1. The possibility to claim cities and fortresses spread (dynamic borders were implemented with GW1 factions expansion, the Cantha one) across pve maps. This places will have special traders only accessible by alliance members, offering weekly discounts in a variety of products. This idea would attract PVE ppl to join WVW alliances and viceversa.

• Thanks 1

Make it:

-25% damage received (stacks additively)

+25% more damage dealt (stacks multiplicatively)

+100% magic find

+100% karma

PvE only of course. Only gained when you get your last diamond chest. You bet your sweet buttcheecks that the FotM, Raid, Strikes, and DRM crowd would make it a point to get that buff and would kick anyone without it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gorani.7205 said:

(I bet I am not the only one that thinks that during the special WvW weeks you start to feel rewards coming in at a decent pace).

You're not, i too think this should have been the default.

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Make it:

-25% damage received (stacks additively)

+25% more damage dealt (stacks multiplicatively)

+100% magic find

+100% karma

PvE only of course. Only gained when you get your last diamond chest. You bet your sweet buttcheecks that the FotM, Raid, Strikes, and DRM crowd would make it a point to get that buff and would kick anyone without it.

WvW meta? Perish thte thought! 🤣

But yeah, it would kind of entice WvW players to PvE and PvE players to WvW.

Maybe diamond is too much considering how many hours you have to spend in WvW to get it, most people woudln't be able to, but then again, that would make the buff rare enough so that those who have it are really "mist warriors". I'm not exactly pondering the fine print right now. 😛

1 minute ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

You're not, i too think this should have been the default.

WvW meta? Perish thte thought! 🤣

But yeah, it would kind of entice WvW players to PvE and PvE players to WvW.

Maybe diamond is too much considering how many hours you have to spend in WvW to get it, most people woudln't be able to, but then again, that would make the buff rare enough so that those who have it are really "mist warriors". I'm not exactly pondering the fine print right now. 😛

Make it diamond. Vets can cap Diamond in less than 10 hours, easy to do on the weekend. Besides we want people to come into WvW for more than just the occasional GoB/dailies. Having a buff like that that requires commitment to get would be good. Buff would reset on WvW reset.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Make it diamond. Vets can cap Diamond in less than 10 hours, easy to do on the weekend. Besides we want people to come into WvW for more than just the occasional GoB/dailies. Having a buff like that that requires commitment to get would be good. Buff would reset on WvW reset.

That would make sense yeah.

Would also avoid the problem that anyone that enters WvW and spends 10 hours can get the buff, meaning, PvE woudl be full of "mist warriors" making it largely irrelevant when one appears.

4 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

That would make sense yeah.

Would also avoid the problem that anyone that enters WvW and spends 10 hours can get the buff, meaning, PvE woudl be full of "mist warriors" making it largely irrelevant when one appears.

Right. Non vets can take up to 20-40 hours to cap Diamond, and hard core PvE players with no ranks are hard pressed to get that far. Keeping it as a reward for completing Diamond keeps some prestige to it, but not some out of reach thing that only 0.5% of the player base will achieve.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Right. Non vets can take up to 20-40 hours to cap Diamond, and hard core PvE players with no ranks are hard pressed to get that far. Keeping it as a reward for completing Diamond keeps some prestige to it, but not some out of reach thing that only 0.5% of the player base will achieve.

Also, the harder it is to obtain, the better rewards it should offer. No one's going to bother with diamond if all they get is some lame buff. And the ones that already reach diamond will reach it anyway and they won't be special.

Hopefully, if Anet considers bringing a WvW buff to PvE again, they could strike a nice balance between difficulty to obtain and the benefits it provides.

Only way rewards would work in any competitive area in the game is if they are not tied to performance and tied to participation. If you do not do this it encourages stacking. I also think they should be individualized to the people participating in the game mode based off of what Tier of Chest they are on.

Wood Tier - 0% Magic Find, 0% XP Boost, 0%Karma Boost then every Tier you get to after that will increase the 3 stats for your Account  by 3%. Then once you get to Diamond Tier it would get a 5% boost  with a max of 20% each week.

I believe this would encourage more people to play or at least try it out. It could also inspire people who finish Diamond by the weekend to play more for the XP bonus during the week.

58 minutes ago, Excursion.9752 said:

Only way rewards would work in any competitive area in the game is if they are not tied to performance and tied to participation. If you do not do this it encourages stacking. I also think they should be individualized to the people participating in the game mode based off of what Tier of Chest they are on.

Wood Tier - 0% Magic Find, 0% XP Boost, 0%Karma Boost then every Tier you get to after that will increase the 3 stats for your Account  by 3%. Then once you get to Diamond Tier it would get a 5% boost  with a max of 20% each week.

I believe this would encourage more people to play or at least try it out. It could also inspire people who finish Diamond by the weekend to play more for the XP bonus during the week.

Speaking of participation. Another way to tackle this would be like how they handle world boss rush event with community goals and have the tiers be some different objective.

So like tier 1 could be like get 10k finishers, tier 2 could be gather 100k times, tier 3 could be kill 100k lords, tier 4 could be capture 50k towers, tier 5 could be get kill 1mil players (badges and auras this tier in case anyone gets the bright idea to kill trade, you'll do it for measly badges and pve auras). Remember this is community driven so everyone in wvw count in those events, so numbers could also be higher to make sure they aren't done in 10 mins lol.

Each one of those tiers awards bonuses in which you could put badges, heroics, tickets, memories, etc, then the bonus percentage bonus aura to karma, exp, gather, etc.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 3

On 8/5/2021 at 11:30 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

COUGH

COUGH

I don't care as much these days...

but when I was leveling up my Ascended Crafting, I used to specifically wait until the end of the week when the buffs were highest to work on my progression.  I'm sure it was useful in other regards as well, but it's been so long I just don't remember the other stuff anymore.

20 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

I don't care as much these days...

but when I was leveling up my Ascended Crafting, I used to specifically wait until the end of the week when the buffs were highest to work on my progression.  I'm sure it was useful in other regards as well, but it's been so long I just don't remember the other stuff anymore.

I use to use at the end of the week leveling alts on freebie accounts through crafting.

My point was, pve people didn't care about the free 10-20% buffs, they're not going to care about 5% buffs. It'll just be a prestige thing for wvw players in pve, but then look at the other side, does anyone there care about the spvp badges? cause in wvw we hated it (mostly cause it was a visual eyesore) and it was removed. It'll be like having raiders go do the raids and then get buffs to 5% gain on wxp or participation and prancing around in wvw with their fancy badge and aura that I'm sure no one would care about.

But hey if they want to waste development time on this by my guest.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 1