What do I get for completing Icebrood Saga?

matthewr.3980

I've been away from the game for probably a year and a half, but with the news on the expansion, I jumped back in and tried to catch up on the story. I binge played through the Icebrood Saga over the span of two weekends, and I just finished it tonight. The story was decent. But I'm left scratching my head wondering what I get for completing this story.

There were a bunch of unlocked maps, and each map had a new currency. It was all a bit much. Many of the maps had achievements that were just insanely grindy, like 'do this' 50 times, 'do that' 50 times, now fly over to this area and 'do this' 50 times and 'do that' 50 times. I remember when achievements were more like 'defeat the boss without being hit by the AOE' or 'find 50 coins scattered across the map.' I probably won't go back and complete most of these achievements.

I feel like I got more out of just pre-ordering End of Dragons than I did from playing through 8-10 chapters of Icebrood Saga. I got a special title, and a special cape from the pre-order. What did I get for the hours invested in the story? Map currencies? I was thinking perhaps we'd get that bow that Braham kept mentioning. Or we'd get Ryland's ice greatsword. Or since we're Aurene's champion, we'd get a special set of Aurene gear like how Braham and Ryland got cool new dudes for their champion status. But I didn't even get a title for my hard work.

I didn't like the last chapter or two of Icebrood Saga where you were just porting to battleground after battleground, clearing trash and fighting a boss. It was really boring. I didn't like all the map currencies. And I didn't like how my character has nothing to show that he finished a saga. I really hope End of Dragons is more than this. I hope the story rewards you with souvenirs that you can embrace and remember it with. I hope the maps aren't designed around having achievements that need to be grinded 7 days a week in order to finish.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hmm I didn't get any item, but I think it's because I didn't complete Forging Steel because it requires multiple players to play with the public instance requiring 5-10 players. That's pretty dumb for living world content.

EDIT

So I just tried it and was able to complete it on my first try with the help of a random other player. The infusion is cool but the Blood Legion Flamesaw skin I got out of the chest was almost the better prize! I love the rewards like when you can get Caladbolg.

Edited by matthewr.3980

• 2 weeks later...

The real reward for IBS is the Legendary amulet, since with the Legendary Armory it'll mean never needing Exotic or Ascended amulets again. Well, assuming you repeat all of LS2-3-4 as well, at least. But for those who already went for Aurora and Vision, its a minimal grind.

I think the only thing I dislike is having to do Chalice of Tears a third time.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

On 8/6/2021 at 8:15 PM, matthewr.3980 said:

Or since we're Aurene's champion, we'd get a special set of Aurene gear like how Braham and Ryland got cool new dudes for their champion status. But I didn't even get a title for my hard work.

I didn't like the last chapter or two of Icebrood Saga where you were just porting to battleground after battleground, clearing trash and fighting a boss. It was really boring. I didn't like all the map currencies. And I didn't like how my character has nothing to show that he finished a saga. I really hope End of Dragons is more than this. I hope the story rewards you with souvenirs that you can embrace and remember it with. I hope the maps aren't designed around having achievements that need to be grinded 7 days a week in order to finish.

EOD Legendaries are basically Aurene's Weapons. Enjoy.

On 8/13/2021 at 4:00 AM, Acelidon.1358 said:

You get inner peace that you never have to do a dragon response mission again..

...until the next time they make us replay them 

So 2 months from now when we get to that point in the Return To Event?

14 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

I think the only thing I dislike is having to do Chalice of Tears a third time.

CoT is not that hard. Hell, I made hella gold (and Mystic Coins because I had hit the gold limit via mail) that week on my Mesmer doing my "Chalice of (No) Tears Portal Service".

• Thanks 1