The Next Balance Update

Loboling.5293

Since we've sadly heard nothing about balance plans, I'd like to use this thread to make suggestions. These changes will help make the game more enjoyable and diverse, and assuming EoD elite specs aren't OP, this will help the game come down to a more fun level.

1. Bring back damage on SOME CC skills (Headbutt, hammer 4 &5, Prime Light Beam, Chilled to the bone, etc) Not all CC skills need to do 1 damage, some should crit for 1-4k at least. 
  2. Remove Scourge AOE on the player character IN PVP
  3. Increase the boon duration on non-spammable skills that are below 2 seconds. Getting stability for 1 second is useless, bring these numbers up to at least 3 seconds. 
  4. Add a stealth debuff, that after 5 seconds in stealth appears. Lowering your damage by 10% per second (up to 50%). This is for the initial hit out of stealth. If you are staying in stealth for 6+ seconds, you should suffer some damage penalty.
  5. Remove the 1 second cooldown on stealth skills. 
  6. Add a cap on maximum hit damage in pvp of 12k (before protection, etc) So you can't get 1 shot as easily. This is only for single hits that meme people out of existence. You can still follow up with a few other hits to finish the job. 
  7. Increase the speed of the treb projectile in Kylo.
  8. Re-introduce amulet gems, to allow for additional stat customization in pvp.

I think if they made these changes, and managed to maintain the status quo in terms of balance with EoD, they could bring back a lot of fun to pvp. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Loboling.5293 said:

Since we've sadly heard nothing about balance plans, I'd like to use this thread to make suggestions. These changes will help make the game more enjoyable and diverse, and assuming EoD elite specs aren't OP, this will help the game come down to a more fun level.

1. Bring back damage on SOME CC skills (Headbutt, hammer 4 &5, Prime Light Beam, Chilled to the bone, etc) Not all CC skills need to do 1 damage, some should crit for 1-4k at least. 
  2. Remove Scourge AOE on the player character IN PVP
  3. Increase the boon duration on non-spammable skills that are below 2 seconds. Getting stability for 1 second is useless, bring these numbers up to at least 3 seconds. 
  4. Add a stealth debuff, that after 5 seconds in stealth appears. Lowering your damage by 10% per second (up to 50%). This is for the initial hit out of stealth. If you are staying in stealth for 6+ seconds, you should suffer some damage penalty.
  5. Remove the 1 second cooldown on stealth skills. 
  6. Add a cap on maximum hit damage in pvp of 12k (before protection, etc) So you can't get 1 shot as easily. This is only for single hits that meme people out of existence. You can still follow up with a few other hits to finish the job. 
  7. Increase the speed of the treb projectile in Kylo.
  8. Re-introduce amulet gems, to allow for additional stat customization in pvp.

I think if they made these changes, and managed to maintain the status quo in terms of balance with EoD, they could bring back a lot of fun to pvp. 

so glad you arent in charge of balance.

• Thanks 8

Allow core to use utilities skills as Elites

Imagine Berseker-Shout with  Kick x3 times as Elite Spell

Edit: Is is possible to speed up the animation of Flurry ?

And as a drawback the Bleeding part starts after the first half part of the animation is finished ?

cough* Evisecrate/Flurry Tier 1 spam , cough*

Edited by Naqam a.6521

I'm a little surprised that no one wants treb to work a little better. It's almost always bad to go on treb now, although sometimes when you spawn, there are circumstances that throwing a treb or two before moving on can be useful. I just think that it would be nice if the shots went out faster, to give a smaller counterplay window, and minimizing the time players need to stay on treb when rotating. 

As for using core skills in the elite slot. That sounds like fun, especially for classes like Ele. I'd certainly be down to try that. Although, I'm equally comfortable with more frequent balance updates that actually make all elites desirable in some circumstances. 

0: Get a actual balance team or old balance team back.
1:Undo the CC blanket changes and rebalance CC damage based on type duration, and skill type, make some of them unable to crit. 
2: Apply damage buffs to specific abilities that are meant to deal damage. 
3: E-spec rebalanced into their intended roles and niches and make them fun to play in those roles. 
4: Return various options to Spvp , runes, sigils, amulets. 

Short list.

• Like 1