Before EoD drops fix these.

Lincolnbeard.1735

Since Grouch is back, be sure to fix this stuff left in the gutter through the years. 

Illusionary Reversion: this one was downright smiter's booned at 16/03/2017 and even become worse at the next nerf, could use a revert.

Wells: all of them except gravity and heal are useless, could use some rework or tweek, bigger radius or pulse the benefits or affect 10 people in wvw or something else.Lower heal well cd.

Mirrors: Maintain the current funcionality and add the following, when foes pass through the mirror, the mirror breaks and deals damage, it adds counterplay to the mirrors while adding a mesmerish mindplay feature - "if I don't break the mirror the mesmer gains an evade, if I break it I'll get damaged but will null an evade".

Crystal Sands: rework into something, this is useless.

Mirage Advance: reduce the cast time, this being 3/4 not only is clunky to use it, doesn't allow any combo but also screams dodge me! There are similar skills on game that are instant. Edit: Alternatively put 1 or 2 seconds of quickness on it, so you can burst right after teleport.

Sand Through Glass: up the rollback range to 500 units, the mirror spawns at the end location or up the range 50 and maintain the mirror at the end, or reduce the cd, either way removes Immobilise to ensure you get away from the spawn mirror. Gets priority over other actions.

Illusionary Ambush: take out the randomness or lower the cd or get some trait to reduce deceptions' cds

Jaunt: back to 3 ammo or reduce cd to 20 sec, remove confusion from the skill if needed, no one cares about the confusion on jaunt, consider upping the range a bit in trade take out the damage.

Dune cloak - Reduce the CD of Distortion by x seconds when gaining Mirage Cloak.

Self-Deception - Reduce cooldown on deceptions by 20%. Create a clone when deception is used.

Merge Speed of Sands with Mirage Cloak, they're intrinsically dependent, at the current time it feels like each one is half a trait. Come up with a new minor grandmaster.

Evasive Mirror - rework into something, currently this is trash.

Blinding Dissipation -  buff this in some way, this is currently trash.

Critical Infusion: revert, let nomad's endurance stay nerfed if needed. Precision is used by power mirages not by condi, so will get power mesmer some survivality.

Fencer's finesse: Let's compare it to Swindler's Equilibrium, Silent Scope, Forceful Greatsword, this trait is clearly missing, it needs to hit 10 times to have the full benefit while the comparisons are pure passive traits. New trait would look like +120 Ferocity/power/precision; +120 additional ferocity/power/precision if wielding a sword; recharge reduced 20%.

Egotism - Replace it with a glamour trait.

Protected Phantasms - phantasms give mesmer aegis after they get destroyed.

Time Warp - Make a glamour cd reduction trait.

Mirror Images - spawn and randomly split position the clones like IA

Decoy : remove the cancel activation time effect. (Aka don't get rupt when you are doing something.), reduce CD. 

Arcane Thievery : Reduce Aftercast

Portal Entre : Bring back 60 sec duration but add 30 sec CD if portal Exeunt is used. 

Chaotic Interruption - Take out the 5 cd reduction on random skill, replace it with 2 or 3 sec alacrity..

Phantasmal Swordsman - revert back to poke phantasm or attach an immobilise to the first hit. The phantasm bugs out on uneven terrain, needs a fix.

Most of these were taken from the mesmer community thread and are still valid. 

Feel free to add your suggestions. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So for some of these I agree with but I'll just add my small suggestions mainly to the Mirage Elite Spec.

• Back when Mirage was announced, I always said Illusionary Ambush + Mirage Advance are essentially the same and should've been merged together but obviously that isn't the case now. Though I will agree that Mirage Advance needs to be instant cast, period.
  • Mirrors IN GENERAL need to just have their effects go off automatically when you use a skill that spawns them because a lot of us in the heat of combat (WvW/PvP) don't want to be playing a mini game of "pick up the mirror to receive said boon." So, that means False Oasis, Sand Through Glass and Crystal Sands new effect would just be when they're about to spawn a mirror, the mirror cloak effect would just go off on the Mesmer.
  • and lastly, the 2nd dodge for Mirage needs to come back. Not arguing with anyone about it when you have Thieves running around with 3 dodges (Daredevil) and other high mobility skills than Mirage and "supposedly" the elite spec was "inspired" by the thief profession LOL! 

Anyways, as I said, I agree and I’m sure some others genuinely do as well, but I'm more focused on what the "damage/nerfs" will be when we have to test the Virtuoso and how it functions with core traits etc.

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Like 6

Talking from PvE. I have no complaints about mirage. I would like if torch damage was more front loaded, since it is… burning, but whatever.

Chrono, there are tons of issues. Damage is highly dependent on slow on target, but slow is a rare debuff. The damage tanks without it. IMO slow application should be far more prevalent by Chrono in pve. Significantly more. It is not that strong to begin with. Weakness and chill are much stronger effects, and many builds can have much longer uptime of them, solo. And units with break bars are immune to it anyway. It is not even good for breaking bars.

Chrono support needs major rework. You have to jump through hoops and loops to get quickness on teammates. Something that FB does by pressing 2-3 skills, on CD. No need for allies to remain on a well. Or constantly extending boon duration. And FB can just go full dps, with FB runes, and do 100% quickness uptime. Support Renegade is even easier. Press F4 once every 20 secs. 

I think sword damage should be, not buffed, but normalised in pve. The trait that adds 120 ferocity, make it active all the time while having sword equipped. Like every other trait in the game. 

PvP is a lost cause, but at least fix the one dodge. And they funny thing is that Anet devs admit to that,  yet all CMC said, it is our best solution for now. It has been a year and half. Figure it the kitten out. Someone still plays Chrono in pvp? Poor souls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Malicious Sorcery - Make attack speed of scepter baseline and add something else to the 20% CD reduction (ideas could be 2nd charge of skill 2 or 3, increased ranged to 1200, etc. These examples might be OP, but they are just examples)
  • Phantasmal Force - Creating an illusion grants 1 stack of might; Illusions deal increased strike damage for each stack of might you currently have
  • Mental Defense - Reduce CD drastically or remove; would like a mantra CD reduction trait or gain some form of previous benefits from Mantras before the cast time was removed
  • Chaotic Transference - Please, please, please! change this from Chaos Armor to Chaos Aura. "granting Chaos Aura gives protection" . This can open up other ways of getting protection instead of press Staff 4 when the other staff talent in Chaos is better in almost every way.
  • Desperate Decoy - lower CD or change. It's really easy to waste the stealth because the stealth can surprise you and then you attack knocking you out of stealth.
  • Phantasmal Fury - Add swiftness or might to the fury and let it do all illusions. Player already has permanent fury from Master Fencer; so more Phantasm boons are needed to get some sort of value from Persistence of Memory.
  • Phantasmal Warlock - just change already. This skill is bad.

My main complaints are from some poor talent options and too many traits that say phantasm instead of illusions or clones. I think streamlining most of these to say illusions would make things simpler and less confusing for new players.

Agree with most of everything said already.

•  
  •  
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Tseison.4659 said:

• Mirrors IN GENERAL need to just have their effects go off automatically when you use a skill that spawns them because a lot of us in the heat of combat (WvW/PvP) don't want to be playing a mini game of "pick up the mirror to receive said boon." So, that means False Oasis, Sand Through Glass and Crystal Sands new effect would just be when they're about to spawn a mirror, the mirror cloak effect would just go off on the Mesmer.
  • and lastly, the 2nd dodge for Mirage needs to come back. Not arguing with anyone about it when you have Thieves running around with 3 dodges (Daredevil) and other high mobility skills than Mirage and "supposedly" the elite spec was "inspired" by the thief profession LOL! 

Anyways, as I said, I agree and I’m sure some others genuinely do as well, but I'm more focused on what the "damage/nerfs" will be when we have to test the Virtuoso and how it functions with core traits etc.

Mirrors are trash, the only reason they're on game it's because devs saw a mirror concept art and thougth they look pretty.
I rather give mirage an F5 that consumes one mirror everytime you pressed it, and 3 mirrors on UI.
Using False Oasis for example, adds a mirror to your UI.

3 hours ago, otto.5684 said:

Talking from PvE. I have no complaints about mirage. I would like if torch damage was more front loaded, since it is… burning, but whatever.

Chrono, there are tons of issues. Damage is highly dependent on slow on target, but slow is a rare debuff. The damage tanks without it. IMO slow application should be far more prevalent by Chrono in pve. Significantly more. It is not that strong to begin with. Weakness and chill are much stronger effects, and many builds can have much longer uptime of them, solo. And units with break bars are immune to it anyway. It is not even good for breaking bars.

Chrono support needs major rework. You have to jump through hoops and loops to get quickness on teammates. Something that FB does by pressing 2-3 skills, on CD. No need for allies to remain on a well. Or constantly extending boon duration. And FB can just go full dps, with FB runes, and do 100% quickness uptime. Support Renegade is even easier. Press F4 once every 20 secs. 

I think sword damage should be, not buffed, but normalised in pve. The trait that adds 120 ferocity, make it active all the time while having sword equipped. Like every other trait in the game. 

PvP is a lost cause, but at least fix the one dodge. And they funny thing is that Anet devs admit to that,  yet all CMC said, it is our best solution for now. It has been a year and half. Figure it the kitten out. Someone still plays Chrono in pvp? Poor souls.

My post is pvp related but I'm glad you give your views and ideas pvewise keep'em coming.

CMC is one of the worst things that happened to this game.
Since ANerf is so keen on bringing people back, bring back Jon Peters, heck, bring back Izzy!

3 hours ago, Jaykay.9641 said:
  •  
  • Phantasmal Warlock - just change already. This skill is bad.

Phantasmal Warlock used to be so good before the phantasm revamp.

• Like 6

Is this a genuine discussion thread or just a laundry list of things you want changed?

For example some of the changes you suggest would make chrono even weaker in fractal PvE specifically while not doing anything for it in competitive (see Egotism which is a 10% damage mod , Blinding Dissipation used to proc confusion from blind in Sunqua). The one place chrono is dominant as far as PVE really is specific raids where conditions are not favored to power damage (such as KC) and you want boon rip (see vale guardian). In WVW it's more or less for boon rip on sword , veil, portal, null field, a bit of stability, and CC skills such as gravity well.

For me personally the things that stick out are:

* Phantasmal warlock : this should do something actually condition focused , maybe have it apply burning (see phantasmal mage) or bleeding so that mirages have higher consistency when confusion is not abused. This isn't used as part of damage rotations and only used for clone generation. If inflating condition output of mirage staff is a problem then hitting the ambush would and relocating some damage to warlock would make it more active gameplay.

* Boon wells that apply quickness/alacrity/aegis : why don't they apply them on first pulse or a third of the duration per pulse? It's all or nothing right now and usually it's the latter (nothing) because standing still in one spot for 3 seconds is really not going to happen if you are dealing with any mechanics in PVE.

* Lost Time trait for chronomancers , I don't know why it doesn't apply alacrity to others since it is mutually exclusive with Seize the Moment. It would not supplant renegades at all but offer people that are stubbornly clinging to chrono for alacrity a better way than spamming well of recall. Because you gain alacrity on chrono from shatters this trait has very little value overall.

* Danger Time should probably be changed so that mesmer stacking isn't as attractive. Now that chrono is no longer top DPS even with DT it is not as high a priority.
* Arcane thievery in PVE : this could be a flexible skill but it's single target and self-boon only ; if you just want slow on chrono there's no reason to take it. I could see it having minimally more potential on condi builds or support-type builds (see support WvW chrono) because running Master of Manipulation instead of Method of Madness which has 35s cooldown is probably much less of a tradeoff.
* the one dodge mirage meme in competitive ... maybe IH needs to be nerfed as stated numerous times before but the one dodge thing is really only offset by energy sigils and jaunt with blink

P.S. a good reference is Tipcat's mesmer sheet (now at version 1.8)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ARKqo5-PTCQCHIv235EUoUlLvK7wmOYt0_aGhBnqFw0/edit#gid=0

for  WVW chrono see https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Support_Chrono

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Is this a genuine discussion thread or just a laundry list of things you want changed?

For example some of the changes you suggest would make chrono even weaker in fractal PvE specifically while not doing anything for it in competitive (see Egotism which is a 10% damage mod , Blinding Dissipation used to proc confusion from blind in Sunqua). The one place chrono is dominant as far as PVE really is specific raids where conditions are not favored to power damage (such as KC) and you want boon rip (see vale guardian). In WVW it's more or less for boon rip on sword , veil, portal, null field, a bit of stability, and CC skills such as gravity well.

For me personally the things that stick out are:

* Phantasmal warlock : this should do something actually condition focused , maybe have it apply burning (see phantasmal mage) or bleeding so that mirages have higher consistency when confusion is not abused. This isn't used as part of damage rotations and only used for clone generation. If inflating condition output of mirage staff is a problem then hitting the ambush would and relocating some damage to warlock would make it more active gameplay.

* Boon wells that apply quickness/alacrity/aegis : why don't they apply them on first pulse or a third of the duration per pulse? It's all or nothing right now and usually it's the latter (nothing) because standing still in one spot for 3 seconds is really not going to happen if you are dealing with any mechanics in PVE.

* Lost Time trait for chronomancers , I don't know why it doesn't apply alacrity to others since it is mutually exclusive with Seize the Moment. It would not supplant renegades at all but offer people that are stubbornly clinging to chrono for alacrity a better way than spamming well of recall. Because you gain alacrity on chrono from shatters this trait has very little value overall.

* Danger Time should probably be changed so that mesmer stacking isn't as attractive. Now that chrono is no longer top DPS even with DT it is not as high a priority.
* Arcane thievery in PVE : this could be a flexible skill but it's single target and self-boon only ; if you just want slow on chrono there's no reason to take it. I could see it having minimally more potential on condi builds or support-type builds (see support WvW chrono) because running Master of Manipulation instead of Method of Madness which has 35s cooldown is probably much less of a tradeoff.
* the one dodge mirage meme in competitive ... maybe IH needs to be nerfed as stated numerous times before but the one dodge thing is really only offset by energy sigils and jaunt with blink

P.S. a good reference is Tipcat's mesmer sheet (now at version 1.8)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ARKqo5-PTCQCHIv235EUoUlLvK7wmOYt0_aGhBnqFw0/edit#gid=0

for  WVW chrono see https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Support_Chrono

As I said to Otto, I don't pve, so the first post is from a pvp, wvw perspective.
Egotism is trash on pvp wvw 5% is nothing but for the sake of pve let it stay there and create a glamour trait elsewhere.

Danger Time is the best major master in pvp/wvw and for the sake of the modes should stay the same.

IH - I said multiple times since PoF released, there's only one way to get it balanced and it is to baseline it on mirage. Because the ambushes are either trash (no IH) or somewhat good (with IH) and a couple of them are really good with IH.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

As I said to Otto, I don't pve, so the first post is from a pvp, wvw perspective.
Egotism is trash on pvp wvw 5% is nothing but for the sake of pve let it stay there and create a glamour trait elsewhere.

Danger Time is the best major master in pvp/wvw and for the sake of the modes should stay the same.

IH - I said multiple times since PoF released, there's only one way to get it balanced and it is to baseline it on mirage. Because the ambushes are either trash (no IH) or somewhat good (with IH) and a couple of them are really good with IH.

As a little bit of context, I've been playing mesmer since pre-launch in multiple modes and I remember boon chrono in PVP and also in WVW. I used to play boon chrono (not the boring boon rip chrono we have now) in WVW too. The level of coordination required was far higher than the current scrapper meta plus veil had obvious tells and so did portal. In addition, superspeed wasn't applied in bulk and in large AoE. Danger Time is not used in WVW whatsoever in large-scale over IA.

One of the major pain points I see with power mesmers is if you build for enough damage to spike someone if you fail it's stealth or blink and get out of there fast. It's not like thieves where you can constantly disengage. That's the major issue I see with Egotism as far as competitive. Clones, while actually putting out pressure on condition builds don't do much on power builds other than acting as shatter fodder.

As Danger Time is in chrono traitline, likewise you would only gain major use out of it if you are building for power chrono. Seeing how on marauder amulet or any amulet with precision you would push over 70% crit chance with fury I don't see this being a major trait for competitive as slow procs are generally very small windows so it's only conducive to one strategy (large burst in a small window) that is severely hampered with the Feb 2020 patch and the mantra reworks. Until retal was removed functionally, blurred frenzy actually did more damage to yourself than you did to the target, that's how poor power mesmer was faring. In addition, in most cases the loss of distortion versus core mesmer was a liability ; mantra of pain lost its might stacking ability so it really isn't amazing.
--- With all the above in mind, do you have a link for people using this trait for competitive? How useful is it really?

When mirage was still broken I briefly did use it with scepter (as opposed to sword) and axe builds. By far condi ambushes are stronger than power ambushes for the most part but torment changes have made it weaker because mirage isn't exactly chock full of soft CC to capitalize on the "new" torment. On staff you have the newly buffed might stack + alacrity along with multiple conditions on Chaos Vortex now as well. Most mirages you see nowadays are doing axe+sword mainhands (probably for sword ambush CC and mobility).

To top it all off if the opposing team has a thief of any kind playing mesmer is still semi-troll since consume plasma still exists.

• Like 2

One thing I will just want to quickly add (might do a in-depth list with suggestions later when I have more time and feel like it)

Just do something about inspiration trait line, it is supposed to be our heal support trait line but God a lot of the option are just underpowered or bad, or both.

Also just want to say a huge thank you to the op, I been meaning to make a thread like this a month ago, just never got the energy to do it, and now I don't have to😁

7 minutes ago, AXLIB.8425 said:

One thing I will just want to quickly add (might do a in-depth list with suggestions later when I have more time and feel like it)

Just do something about inspiration trait line, it is supposed to be our heal support trait line but God a lot of the option are just underpowered or bad, or both.

Also just want to say a huge thank you to the op, I been meaning to make a thread like this a month ago, just never got the energy to do it, and now I don't have to😁

Not the greatest but if you want to play heal chrono it exists. Usually it is used as a tank so it puts out minor healing in addition to quickness.

I wasn't impressed because I've done 3K barrier/s on full viper without blood magic on condi scourge and ~8K heal/s on heal firebrand.

Edited by Infusion.7149

2 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Not the greatest but if you want to play heal chrono it exists. Usually it is used as a tank so it puts out minor healing in addition to quickness.

I wasn't impressed because I've done 3K barrier/s on full viper without blood magic on condi scourge and ~8K heal/s on heal firebrand.

I know that one exist, and I refuse to use it, that build give only one essential boons which is not enough for the current state of the game, and every other sources of quickness is better either way, and unlike scourge it also doesn't keep your allies alive well enough. I made my own heal chrono with well so others will at least get both quickness and alac with heal, not taking mantra heal means I can also take the revive trait. the biggest problem is just no good consistent heal and delayed heal (both well and illusion summons)so if you don't have your heal well your allies will never survive under pressure if you are the sole support. That build maximise the healing but not the support as a whole, you sacrifice feedback revive and alac(or aegis) for slightly more consistent healing that still requires your allies glued to you.

It works in open worlds, but that's about it, you will never find a group that will actually let you take a healer spot, and if they did, it almost guaranteed that they took you for the tank(which is only useful in certain raids and no where else) and not the healing.

Edited by AXLIB.8425

8 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

As a little bit of context, I've been playing mesmer since pre-launch in multiple modes and I remember boon chrono in PVP and also in WVW. I used to play boon chrono (not the boring boon rip chrono we have now) in WVW too. The level of coordination required was far higher than the current scrapper meta plus veil had obvious tells and so did portal. In addition, superspeed wasn't applied in bulk and in large AoE. Danger Time is not used in WVW whatsoever in large-scale over IA.

One of the major pain points I see with power mesmers is if you build for enough damage to spike someone if you fail it's stealth or blink and get out of there fast. It's not like thieves where you can constantly disengage. That's the major issue I see with Egotism as far as competitive. Clones, while actually putting out pressure on condition builds don't do much on power builds other than acting as shatter fodder.

As Danger Time is in chrono traitline, likewise you would only gain major use out of it if you are building for power chrono. Seeing how on marauder amulet or any amulet with precision you would push over 70% crit chance with fury I don't see this being a major trait for competitive as slow procs are generally very small windows so it's only conducive to one strategy (large burst in a small window) that is severely hampered with the Feb 2020 patch and the mantra reworks. Until retal was removed functionally, blurred frenzy actually did more damage to yourself than you did to the target, that's how poor power mesmer was faring. In addition, in most cases the loss of distortion versus core mesmer was a liability ; mantra of pain lost its might stacking ability so it really isn't amazing.
--- With all the above in mind, do you have a link for people using this trait for competitive? How useful is it really?

When mirage was still broken I briefly did use it with scepter (as opposed to sword) and axe builds. By far condi ambushes are stronger than power ambushes for the most part but torment changes have made it weaker because mirage isn't exactly chock full of soft CC to capitalize on the "new" torment. On staff you have the newly buffed might stack + alacrity along with multiple conditions on Chaos Vortex now as well. Most mirages you see nowadays are doing axe+sword mainhands (probably for sword ambush CC and mobility).

To top it all off if the opposing team has a thief of any kind playing mesmer is still semi-troll since consume plasma still exists.

I've been playing since the headstart too, mostly pvp and wvw roaming. 

DT is a must on power chrono since both of  the other traits are trash for it. 

+10% crit chance is good unless you had already capped it. 

You can google it, pretty sure you can find every power chrono using it. 

The problem with egotism is that 5 is a small number but as I said if people use it in pve let it stay the same. 

Regarding BF there was a suggestion in the previous topic to o lower the number of hits and maintaining the damage like PW, I've removed it since it doesn't make sense anymore. 

Lots of suggestions were here regarding consume plasma, can't remember them all, it's obnoxious that it is still in game. 

Good to bring all these up again.

I still reckon Mirage Advance should get a 3/4s evade, to function as an "alternative axe 3" for other weapon sets.

Traits like Evasive Mirror with these icds that effectively become rng in combat after the first proc should be reconsidered. It's bad enough with no visual indicator for icds on eg runes or sigils, but I believe they should move away from using icds to balance/nerf traits in this way. Better to rework the trait but have all trait functions be largely in control of the player. Sure I get some rng boon applications that we have in chaos for example, due to the nature of that spec, but any cooldown should either have a visible indicator on screen or be removed/reworked.

Similarly nice suggestion for Chaotic Interruption - again better than this icd business.

StG - Edit2 - actually on third thought I think the range could be 450 to match Jaunt and a single charge and global 25s cooldown across all modes (unless Jaunt equally gets increased to 500. Currently while the mirror is in range for eg axe 2, it is actually too close for reverse phase retreat which ends up overshooting. Not that it's a common occurrence to perform this, but it's a nice little manoeuvre on occassion). Main thing as you said is to remove immobilise, it completely wrecks the two part nature of the skill such that it becomes 3/4s evade on a 30s cooldown if immobilised as the mirror immediately breaks. And absolutely should get priority.

Decoy/MirrorImages - absolutely the cooldown, since the removal of illusionists celerity.

Mirage GM traits are still ridiculous - EM is incredibly uninspired design, Dune Cloak is lol, and IH is spec defining. I agree and still of the opinion IH function should be standard in order to balance the whole spec properly. EM could have the 20% deception cooldown instead of almost placeholder for any imagination 2 condi removal... Dune Cloak - love that suggestion to reduce F4 cooldown when gaining Mirage Cloak, though potentially could overlap the intended defensive design of Elusive Mind for the sake of choice, so not entirely sure on this.

Self Deception - I think it should just not have any requirement, just spawn a clone when using a deception. Maybe this would be sufficient, as I think both that and cooldown reduction could be too much.

I mean this all goes without saying that given they managed to remove clones for Virtuoso, I hope that a deeper mirage rework may be in the pipeline for the future - shatter skills, Mirrors, methods of gaining mirage cloak etc (ok maybe a bit too hopeful on the last one, but who knows).

iWarlock - how did they miss this on the staff update? It's beyond awful, I'd take the bolt throwing version over current - at least that could land massive crits when it hit.

iWarden - it needs improvement in the target selection, maybe have all attacks prioritise your current target rather than scaling terribly the larger the fight is.

iSwordsman - this is such an awkward two part skill to use, I think it should go back to the old leap/stab version, and maybe increase the range of the player's sword strike.

Will probably continue to edit this (could spend an entire day lol), but I think you have highlighted the most important issues.

Edited by Curunen.8729

In my opinion they should make phantasm faster to deal damage. 

Example: your phantasm swordman attacks, then do blur frenzy and in the end it respawn with daze 1,5 s and then attack again in two parts... 

Another change is for warlock to do torment instead of power damage. 

Reduce the torch's skills cooldowns.  Allow Phantasmal Duelist pierce in some way. Also the cooldown reduction when you interrupt a foe is often not practical.  I would prefer sacrifice the cooldown reduction on interrupt and recover our old 20% cooldown reduction in the trait plus pierce somewhere. 😋

But well,  our Duelist is as it is for now,  good but only against a single target. Our Warden bad against all!!!!! As it scales badly and dilutes its damage against several foes, hit whatever kitten he targets each time, and it's rooted when throws each axe.  Our Mage slow and with high cooldown.  Our Swordsman worse than before and often its messed up with the terrain and paths to reach its target making it useless. Those are our secondary hand phantasms...  Or Warlock another joke as mentioned by others.   Luckily they improved them or that's what they say...

Only the Phantasmal Berserker seems better but that is a single weapon and only for power builds, maybe some hybrid.

Edited by Heika.5403
  • Like 2

As much as I hate to say it, these changes are most likely not going to be seen by the devs and nothing will be done. Just look at the previous years that mesmer mains have been trying to compromise losing dps or nerfing traits just so mirage can keep the 2nd dodge. 

All these suggestions will only fall into deaf ears.

FYI Virtuoso cloneless isn't because they listened to mesmer mains about clones having issues dying before dmg, its to listen to the masses that they dont want to deal with mesmers having clones and still being confused by clones....cuz i mean people cant tell the difference between clone and a player with food buffs, bloodlust, etc....

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Um... yeah.. sure... I'm sure they'll get back to you guys on these wonderful changes... just like cal did for the other suggested mesmer changes last year....

Hope lies on Grouch, not CMC, CMC as I said above was one of the worst things that happened to balance. 

Before CMC, on the thread most of these were taken, at least one of the suggestions got implemented(CS), not good but not bad either. 

Of course when CMC got on board that same suggestion got destroyed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Counter point, it isn't on Mesmer now so it will.

Exactly my point, why have it removed just to put it on another profession? So there's no counter point to it. We originally had it first and then got changed to just increase current boon duration by a measly few seconds... 

Sand through glass - Evade backward and leave behind a mirage mirror. 25sec cd 1/2 evade breaks stun

Rolling Light (Willbender) - Roll backward, breaks stun, blinds, damage, five targets, 3/4 evade, flip skill - damage daze 3sec. 15sec cd.

Mirage Advance - 400 damage, blinds, 25sec cd

Flash Combo (Willbender) - 1300 damage, if all attacks hit you can port back 20sec cd.

Mocking mesmers much?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3