Willbender is OP

Paradoxoglanis.1904

Am I the only one looking at all the Willbender stuff, especially  the traits and thinking that they're kinda underwhelming when compared to the other elites shown?  I mean we haven't tested it and I hope it's good/fun but nothing jumps out as amazing to me.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

yessss come guard mains, argue that your class isnt op despite the one tradeoff of guard being low mobility

while willbender gets a good mobility they trade so much for their survivability considering 11k healthpool which is deleted by single "sic em" sniper or dead eye rotation in seconds, atleast thieves have their stealth so they can reset the fight as many times as needed until they emerge victorious and those grandmasters are so bad its better to not pick one

• Like 1

Just now, Lattekahvi.2347 said:

while willbender gets a good mobility they trade so much for their survivability considering 11k healthpool which is deleted by single "sic em" sniper or dead eye rotation in seconds, atleast thieves have their stealth so they can reset the fight as many times as needed until they emerge victorious and those grandmasters are so bad its better to not pick one

ahh, the "but 11k hp" argument is here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

we get mobility but traits are luckluster, no synergy with anything, and those grandmaster traits are .... i dont know...bad...swap heal with regen, or aegis with no death....its just not worth it.

Bad synergy? I'll admit the Grandmaster traits are a little hit or miss but pairing Willbender with Zeal and Virtues is going to give it more utility and synergy than you might be aware of. Virtues by itself is going to reduce Virtue cooldowns, give Resolution when activating a Virtue, increase damage after activating a Virtue as well as provide an additional stunbreak with Stability for Courage which on Willbender is a 600 range teleport that already provides stability when attacks from it hit.

But naw..."lackluster." Its literally already a better Warrior than the current Warrior. It was given the exact things that would have made Warrior crazy OP. It even has a "Full Counter" heal with much less of a visual tell than Full Counter while also having ammo charges.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Bad synergy? I'll admit the Grandmaster traits are a little hit or miss but pairing Willbender with Zeal and Virtues is going to give it more utility and synergy than you might be aware of. Virtues by itself is going to reduce Virtue cooldowns, give Resolution when activating a Virtue, increase damage after activating a Virtue as well as provide an additional stunbreak with Stability for Courage which on Willbender is a 600 range teleport that already provides stability when attacks from it hit.

But naw..."lackluster." Its literally already a better Warrior than the current Warrior. It was given the exact things that would have made Warrior crazy OP. It even has a "Full Counter" heal with much less of a visual tell than Full Counter while also having ammo charges.

I dont know, i need to test it to give proper judge. 

heal is looking good, with meditation traitline it could work, wont take virtuoso elite skill for sure. will take meditation aoe, stun and stunbreaker. combined with gs and sw/sw. grandmaster traits...i might pick none....or justice one.  

41 minutes ago, Aktium.9506 said:

Everything shown for Willbender was incredibly OP.

That level of mobility, damage, sustain and CC is just wrong. Rev and Thief are both just flat out replaced in PvP.

What? How would this replace thief? No stealth. Most of the mobility skills are either dashes, so no z-axis, or require a target. In no way does this compete with Infiltrators Arrow & Shadowstep.

It does seem to be competing for the same space as s/s shiro/herald, but I don't yet see that it's objectively better. It has no equivalent to Unrelenting Assault (ie. a damage skill that simultaneously evades/mitigates), it has CC on elite when shiro/herald has 2x CC on elite. The reposte heal thing is comparable to Infuse Light. Which one ends up being better is really going to come down to numbers, and we haven't seen the PvP numbers yet.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Unconditional 33% damage modifier as a master trait. Nuff said.

You didn't read it properly then.

It only increases the skill "WIllbender Flames" damage by 33%. Which was stated to be a low damage skill. +33% to nothing is still nothing.

See 1:13:00 - 

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

You didn't read it properly then.

It only increases the WIllbender Flames damage by 33%. Which was stated to be a low damage skill. +33% to nothing is still nothing.

You are right, seems I missed that part during the stream.

Then I think the spec looks mostly fine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

You know resistance doesn't do much any more, right? If perma-resistance was strong then Mallyx would still be a thing.

Yeah, it only negates all the weakness, chill, and blind spam which prevent any power dps from actually having an impact in a fight. It also means you dont have to waste cleanses for non damage condis. Mallyx perma resistance requires them to spend all their energy so its not a good comparison.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Yeah, it only negates all the weakness, chill, and blind spam which prevent any power dps from actually having an impact in a fight. It also means you dont have to waste cleanses for non damage condis. Mallyx perma resistance requires them to spend all their energy so its not a good comparison.

You may have not noticed that there is not a single condition cleanse in anything about this spec, which already forces you to take the 40 sec cd meditation which is the only good cleanse the class has

• Like 3
  • Haha 1