Willbender is OP

Paradoxoglanis.1904

5 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Cooldown resetting chain teleporting perma resistance immortal dps is op pls nerf

But seriously there better be some big splits for pvp and wvw.

Oh be quiet. Calling a spec OP before we even know anything about it beyond a video. 

I am sure there will be a split between pvp and pve, and thankfully so, otherwise your kind would absolutely kill everything fun. 

Guardian Needs a consistent gap closer as it's ranged options are complete kitten. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Cooldown resetting chain teleporting perma resistance immortal dps is op pls nerf

But seriously there better be some big splits for pvp and wvw.

Also, you can't select both the resistance trait and the CD reset trait at once. But don't let that get in the way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Saying that the traits are lackluster in no way the same as "pretending the package is bad".

LOL, right, because that wasn't what he was aiming at, when he even ended with "it's just not worth it".

At the same time you're somehow allowed to pretend I was saying -quote- "the traits are very strong", when I never said anything like that. Try to follow the thread instead of following the context only from the point that's convenient for you, thanks.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I don't think this spec is op it's hasl a down side dps is not top just like rev duel sword lack of burst which is good it's balance. If I'm not wrong we don't have a way to deal with condi dps. We have resistance but not dps condi cleanse only utility ones like imob,chill ... . So I think it's balanced and I'm exited for the solo PvE,PvP,WvW 

Edited by fran.8157

35 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

What does that have to do with anything I said?

You said the trait libe adds only 15% dmg increase which is irrelevant cause it's offer much more... It's not a pure DPS spec it's an all rounder which is great for solo PvE and pvp, wvw. You look just on the DMG output 

2 minutes ago, fran.8157 said:

You said the trait libe adds only 15% dmg increase which is irrelevant cause it's offer much more... It's not a pure DPS spec it's an all rounder which is great for solo PvE and pvp, wvw. You look just on the DMG output 

But I didn't say anything about DH. Why are you quoting points about DH at me? Are you sure you haven't got me confused with someone else in this thread? And I was specifically talking about PvP/WvW, so PvE *is* irrelevant to that.

I don't see how this is controversial or difficult to grasp. The spec *as a whole* looks pretty interesting and may well be quite strong. But SPECIFICALLY regarding the traits, the traits aren't doing much for the spec at all. Especially the adept-tier and grandmaster-tier.

The ONLY point I am making is that the traits are meh. Not that the spec as a whole is bad. Why can't you understand this very simple, short, basic point?

• Like 1

Just now, Zavijah.2695 said:

Oh be quiet. Calling a spec OP before we even know anything about it beyond a video. 

I am sure there will be a split between pvp and pve, and thankfully so, otherwise your kind would absolutely kill everything fun. 

Guardian Needs a consistent gap closer as it's ranged options are complete kitten. 

I think it looks fun, i also think it is likely going to be op. The only thing that might hold it back is losing the instant defense benefits from f2 and f3. Even then it will just make it a higher skill cap class and not something anyone can pick up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

alacrity

1) Alacrity is not the same thing as "CD resetting". You're only going to be able to get a few seconds alacrity from each F2 usage. Shaving 2 seconds off a cooldown is not the same as "resetting".

2) Nobody is going to take that trait in PvP anyway, since giving up your F2 healing is madness.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

1) Alacrity is not the same thing as "CD resetting". You're only going to be able to get a few seconds alacrity from each F2 usage. Shaving 2 seconds off a cooldown is not the same as "resetting".

2) Nobody is going to take that trait in PvP anyway, since giving up your F2 healing is madness.

Giving up what healing? based on what you said in point 1 your f2 will barely proc anyways.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'd take everything they showcased with a grain of salt.

They were using GM commands to showcase the E-Spec so we don't exactly know what part occurs due to GM commands and what parts are genuine E-Spec characteristics. 

I'd wait till the beta to get a better understanding of it. 

Edited by ChronoPinoyX.7923
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Giving up what healing? based on what you said in point 1 your f2 will barely proc anyways.

If you can get 3 procs during the F2 window, that's 2100 healing. Maybe more with healing power or Absolute Resolution. That's useful.

If traited, that would be 4.5s Alacrity. That's not useful.

Pretty clear choice, in PvP at least.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

If you can get 3 procs during the F2 window, that's 2100 healing. Maybe more with healing power or Absolute Resolution. That's useful.

If traited, that would be 4.5s Alacrity. That's not useful.

Pretty clear choice, in PvP at least.

and about 1000 healing from regen. 1100 hp, or 4.5s alacrity. Pretty clear choice imo

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

and about 1000 healing from regen. 1100 hp, or 4.5s alacrity. Pretty clear choice imo

Spread out over the next 10 seconds, rather than instantaneous, which is more important in a trade.

All of which is ignoring that you're giving up the trait which buffs Justice.

But even if you do decide to take it, I really don't see how you're wetting yourself over 4 seconds of alacrity. You literally won't even notice it.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Ragnar.4257 said:

Spread out over the next 10 seconds, rather than instantaneous, which is more important in a trade.

All of which is ignoring that you're giving up the trait which buffs Justice.

But even if you do decide to take it, I really don't see how you're wetting yourself over 4 seconds of alacrity.

probably the same way you are wetting yourself over 1100 healing 👍

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

For PvP/WvW, those traits are objectively meh.

The virtues and utilities are useful, but not the traits. Swiftness and Resistance, that's it.

But hey, maybe instead of making snarky comments, why don't you say which trait you think is super-strong for PvP.

The resistance on shadowstep trait is amazing and probably better than any of the GM traits they've shown. between JI, Sword 2 and the new Courage, you can fight for like a good 10 seconds having total immunity to kitten like blind/weakness etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darknicrofia.2604 said:

The resistance on shadowstep trait is amazing and probably better than any of the GM traits they've shown. between JI, Sword 2 and the new Courage, you can fight for like a good 10 seconds having total immunity to kitten like blind/weakness etc.

So, exactly like I said: "Swiftness and Resistance".

The master-tier traits are somewhat interesting, but the adept-tier and grandmaster-tier are entirely forgettable.

Now if it was pre-nerf Resistance, that'd be pretty insane. But post-nerf, Resistance is much more situational. 

Edited by Ragnar.4257

I actually don't think off hand sword will be all that much better than Focus, depending on how hard the Sword 4 hits, there's enough mobility skills between the Virtues and Utilities.

If its just about bursting, if Sword 4 isn't better than Focus 5, I'd rather keep the Focus for the extra blocks and set up the JI + Stun combo into Focus 5 and sword or GS burst.

2 hours ago, fran.8157 said:

WillBender role is not just dps he is a dueler. he have utility, stun break ton of mobility, How you guys don't see the bigger picture. If Willbender will be better then dh with burst dps why you need dh ?. Anet thought about that and made a dueler not a burst power guardian

Somebody who gets it..Willbender is a mobile duellist rather than power burst, I theorycrafting a cele and condi version of it ...xd...it's over for typical thief harassers, sword/sword + meditation and the shadowstep utility...nothing will outrun a Willbender...nothing

4 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

For PvP/WvW, those traits are objectively meh.

The virtues and utilities are useful, but not the traits. Swiftness and Resistance, that's it.

But hey, maybe instead of making snarky comments, why don't you say which trait you think is super-strong for PvP.

I wouldn't bother. It seems he's been going around and basically bashing anyone and anything that isn't portraying the new expansion (and past expansions for that matter) in an absolutely glowing manner.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, fran.8157 said:

Its doesn't need to better from dh. It's a different playstyle. Look for sole pve it's amazing you can go ham with concentration and alac . Or with hard solo content switch to kinda heal mode. And you see how it fits in wvw or pvp. The new espec doesn't need to be better it need to be different. And it is and it's not trash for sure it's pretty strong. DH is the burst power role, Willbender should not replace dh  

Talking from PvE standpoint, it does not need better, it needs to be distinctly different. If we end with GS + MH sword/oH focus, utilities, SoJ, SoB and one discretionary utility, that is nearly identical. This would be incredibly boring and redundant. Compare this to how different FB is from DH and core.

I hope I am wrong. Will know soon enough. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3